Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread
I'm confused. This stinks cause we have always had a very clean program. Hopefully this won't hinder us. And it seems like a weak violation but still, any violation worries me.
-
Arizona Fall League
How about not playing in a whole s***load of time could be a reason why he is rusty? If you are telling me he isn't running fast, than say so, but that shouldn't be impacting his average for the most part (outside of legging out a couple infield singles). The reason he isn't hitting for an average probably has a lot to do with rust and a bit to do with the fact that he's going up against more experienced competition at times.
-
Totally random observation...
College baseballs have huge seams. It is pretty crazy, to this day whenever I throw with them I end up getting mad blistage action on my finger cause I'm just not used to those sort of seams.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
2 terrible picks by Cutler in that game that were just awful. Two picks thanks to our wide-outs not doing there job. Overall, Cutler had an atrocious 4th, but this game was lost when Lovie didn't make that challenge on the goaline. And than Cutler lost it some more with 2 of his picks and Forte with the fumble. Too bad because the dline looked phenomenal.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 11:27 AM) You need to be more objective lol, Cutler turned the ball over twice in the redzone and one turned into a TD for the other team, despite everything else that went well that quarter it was a disaster for him. No, a TD is what happened when the ball was fumbled. I don't give a s*** what the refs called, it was TD. Case closed. Yes, that one pick sucked, but that isn't a disastrous quarter. We still should have had 7 points in the quarter. That pick 6 was a bad pass, nothing else to it.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 11:26 AM) I'm sorry, but blaming that first interception 100% on Hester is so wrong. It was a good ready by Hall, and I'm not completely sure how Hester could have broken up the play. The amount of excuses made for Cutler baffle me. He played a great 2nd quarter and was playing great up until the reviewed Bennett play, but 3 turnovers in a span of 10 plays = disaster in my opinion. I think Aikman knows about 10000% more than you about football and offense and he certainly put it all on Hester.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 11:16 AM) Ugh, Cutler with a disasterous 3rd quarter. Dude, you seriously need to open your eyes. If by disasterous, you mean one bad pick in the red zone, a td on a QB sneak (which it was, regardless of the call on the field), and Hester turning an incomplete into a pick, than whatever. Oh and they moved the ball the entire 3rd quarter. So seriously, you need to take a step back before you post this drivel.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 11:02 AM) Ugh...bad decision by Cutler, but Hester as usual just stands there and lets the ball get picked rather then helping out his QB. Bad decision? Hall made a great play that wouldn't have been there if Hester was a wideout.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
f***ing hell Hester, how about you help out. Instead you f***ing stand there. You come to the ball and that is either a catch or an incomplete. It should never be a pick.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
That sucks. last week the seahawks coffed it up at the end of the game and Melton recovered it but Seahawks got it back on there own penalty. Here the Skins give us a TD and they are rewarded for the penalty. Time to score and keep the momentum rolling.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
WTF, that was an obvious TD.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
f***ing beautiful throw and what looks to be another nice drive. I felt like that was a TD. I gotta give Bennett credit. He does a lot of things well. He doesn't have the break-away speed, but the guy is a good blocker, good route-runner, and has good hands.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
Wow, what a f***ing shocker. Martz finally listens to people like me that know little about football and things work out. When you get the s*** blitzed out of you, you adjust, call for quick passes and have your receivers run short, quick hitting routes. You take the under-neat stuff, make sure you continue to add in the run (going forward), and than when the Redskins take the pedal off the gas, you start adding in some deeper routes and 7 step drops. So f***ing novel Martz, just took you the last 3 Cutler games to finally figure the s*** out.
-
Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 08:03 PM) We're the 2nd worst team in the big ten according to Jason, don't get too excited. Penn State is now the 2nd worse team and the Illini are starting to prove themselves. They got a nice defense, suspected offense, but with there schedule they are prime to make a bowl and have a quality season. I think they are right there with NU, Purdue, and Michigan. MSU, Wiscy, Iowa, OSU are all better. So that gives the Illini the shot at being the 5th best team in the conference. Note: I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong
-
2010 ALCS: Rangers vs. Yankees
QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 09:00 AM) Glad the Rangers won. I would've taken the Rays too, but it's nice to see some new blood in the World Series for a change. I'm not one who vehemently hates everything the Yankees do, but to me there is no entertainment value in seeing the Yankees in the World Series (or very close to it) seemingly every other year, on the heels of whatever brand new $150 million contract they just gave to the latest free agent superstar that the other 29 teams desperately wanted to give but couldn't. It just gets old and stale. And the Yankees consistently doing this ruins and hurts baseball in the bigger picture because there spending sprees prevent other teams from having more fair shots at playing post-season ball and as a result of baseballs inequitable system you have cities that haven't experienced post-season ball in forever and because of that you have lost generations of fans. Yes, some of those teams just make poor decisions, but good or poor, you have to run things pretty darn perfect if you don't have a big payroll, especially when you are in a division with some of the big boys in baseball (i.e., the big markets/payrolls).
-
2010 NLCS: Giants vs. Phillies
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 08:44 PM) Another thing? Did this game start before 7? It's a damn shame a 3-2 game lasted this f***ing long. These playoffs games are honestly starting to bore the f*** outta me. Maybe its because I'm in India, but I've thoroughly enjoyed all of the games. I've been waking up a little early out here in the AM to make sure I can catch em all. Both series were fun to watch, imo.
-
Free Cruise from sox?
I'm sure it is just one of those timeshare things and is probably legit, but might be one of those things that is very hard to actually book. Plus sitting through those things can be annoying. I've done one and they tried to hard sell, luckily I'm a rock and just kept telling the guy, no matter what you say I have zero interest. Must have repeated that 25 times until he finally gave up on me.
-
Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 23, 2010 -> 03:02 PM) another team(Iowa) f***s themselves by crappy time management. Coming out of a TO, how does Iowa not be ready to spike it once the play starts? Amazing how many teams screw themselves in the final seconds of these games. On top of it, Iowa f***ed itself on both of its losses by missing extra points. Uggh. Nice job by Wiscy though, s*** though, what a heartbreaker.
-
Happy Birthday J.Reedfan8!
Happy belated Bday Ace!!! And the wishes come from all the way in Mumba, India, haha.
-
Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 21, 2010 -> 09:30 PM) Gotta like what Oregon showed tonight. Really impressive stuff. UCLA is absolutely terrible though. I still have no idea how they beat Texas and the fact that Texas than beat Nebraska stunned me, because any team which loses to UCLA has some sort of problems (especially when you lose to a team who threw the ball like 6 times total).
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 21, 2010 -> 12:06 PM) When I was at SIU, there were no good barbers so I shaved my head for the first time. Let's just say I wore a hat for the next two weeks most of the time. I've never shaved my head (like full bick shave), but I just buzzed my hair prior to heading out to India. I look like a cuetip.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 21, 2010 -> 05:42 AM) yeah, I got the bam part alright. Yeesh. Between Delhi Belly, not eating much, and working out in the hotel gym, I lost about 15 pounds during the month I was over there. I've been real careful but not careful enough. Finally decided I should take whatever my doctor gave me prior to traveling (said if my stomach problems persist, just take it cause you probably have some sort of bacterial thing). Lets just say the last 2 hours have been easily the worse case of the *cr*ps* I've ever had. And prior to this I'd been working out at the gym here every day and have been pretty regularly working out in general so I've been in pretty good shape, but after this bout, I might drop down to below 160 pounds, which would be the lightest I've weighed since I was like 15. Hopefully it settles down in the next day or so.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
I am suffering from some India belly right now.
-
Peavy vows to "listen to my body"
Until he pitches well and for a sustained period of time, there is no reason not to doubt Peavy.
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 08:35 AM) I don't think I have ever seen a kid get made a free agent and sign for cheaper than they could have been paid by their original team. In other words if we weren't willing to draft him and pay him as a mid first rounder, I doubt we bid against the rest of the league for him. It sounds like that will be the case this go-round. He'll probably sign for anywhere between 500K and 1.5M, which is less than the contract he had initially agreed to from the Dbacks, IIRC. The reason is his arm problems.