Chisoxfn
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT
Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
International cell phone charges, ruh roh
What sucks is ATT has the best global plan available. Beats Verizon and Sprint just dropped there. Sprint used to have the best one available (now they have none).
-
Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread
Notre Dame beating Utah pretty negatively impacts my thoughts of other non BCS conference schools. Great win for ND though. I still believe in Kelly. Now I just have to hope the Bears surprise me since Iowa just broke my heart this season. Very rarely as a Hawkeye fan do I ever get to have top 5 in the country expectations and well, those expectations are now officially gone.
-
Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 13, 2010 -> 12:14 PM) f***ing pathetic joke of a team. f***ing f*** are you s***ting me. God f***ing damn it. f*** off. If it makes you feel any better, I feel the same way. What the f***, how the hell does NU always beat us. Son of a b****.
-
Bush's Book
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 12, 2010 -> 03:43 PM) Then quite honestly, I think you are seeing what you want to see, or expected to see. I've never been as huge a Bush hater as some here, I think he was doing what he thought was best. He was just not a good executive, and he made a bunch of mistakes including one gigantic and tragic war. And for me, all I see is people poking fun at his lack of depth. On what planet is that hate? Now, Sqwert's post, borders on it. I'll give you that one, and so will he. I wasn't commenting on your post, rather the first few posts, which are clearly intended to do one thing and one thing only, call Bush an idiot and hate on him. They might say its not hate, its fact, but whatever.
-
Bush's Book
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 12, 2010 -> 11:51 AM) Just seems like you are overreacting here. I don't see hate x10, I see people hitting Bush for writing a lame book, by all accounts. I'm still going to read it, though. Thats odd, all I see is hate in those initial posts.
-
2010 Fall TV Thread
I want Lethal Weapon 5 to come out. It has been bantied about quite a bit and the Lethal Weapon series is an all time great.
-
Amazon Selling Pedophile Book
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 11, 2010 -> 02:53 PM) I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the author one day will be found beaten to death and stuffed in a dumpster. Your probably right.
-
Amazon Selling Pedophile Book
QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 11, 2010 -> 07:36 AM) Actually a how to break the law book may actually be illegal. What about the computer hacking books that exist? The author is disgusting though and anyone who buys the book has serious issues.
-
White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 12, 2010 -> 08:22 AM) Judging by the interations we saw from the Front Office on "The Club", there were some short-sighted thinkers. In general Kenny is an in-patient guy so he's bound to be a bit more short sighted. That said Kenny has a pretty good track record as far as our franchise record is concerned during his tenure. However, I would have no problem handing the reigns over to Hahn and I had thought it would happen sooner rather than later. I still think it will happen in the next 2 years. I thought it would happen this off-season though but I guess Kenny still has the juices. It will be an interesting off-season.
-
White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 12, 2010 -> 08:08 AM) I still wonder if Hudson would be a part of the Sox if Beckham could have made a play on a pretty routine grounder in Oakland that resulted in Hudson having a bad start. Also, I think the fact there were some in the Sox Front Office that didn't view Hudson as anything more than a #3/4 starter in the years to come caused the trade. The thing is, there is nothing wrong with a 3 or a 4. If we could turn Huddy into another Garland (i.e., solid quality pitcher who throws a ton of innings) I'd be content. And Garland was exactly that with the Sox.
-
White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread
Trading Hudson was stupid. They just gave up on him too soon. I like Jackson's arm. Check it, I love the arm, but the money taken on was what made is so bad, imo. All we as Sox fans can do is hope that Jackson pans out. Sox said they didn't like Hudson and it looks obvious that whatever judgment they made was too short-sighted. Who knows what might happen going forward, but they wrote a rookie off in a couple games, some of which were pretty darn good ones.
-
2010 Fall TV Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 06:22 PM) No "Cut Throat Challenge" on that list. Big mistake! Its getting real good!!!
-
Pale Hose Talk is Now Baseball Talk
One forum for all your off-season baseball discussion. If we don't end up liking it after a couple weeks, I am more than happy to move things back to the way they are. Otherwise, this forum will stay this way until pitchers and catchers report and at that time, the Diamondclub will reopen. If for some reason anyone wants a specific post moved from the Diamondclub let me know because I've made that forum invisible for the time being.
-
Off-Season Idea?
Ya, I'd go with an MLB Pinned catch all, plus the Sox pinned catch all, but any story big enough could be posted within the pale hose forum. I think it is a pretty good idea since we often through out ideas involving tons of players, even though many of them will never directly be associated with the Sox. Just my 2 cents and I am open to either way, but it was a new idea that had popped into my head that I felt might be pretty effective. Especially since the season should kick off with a bang. When pitchers and catchers report, Diamond Club would re-open.
-
Off-Season Idea?
What would people think if we had one giant baseball forum in the off-season? Ie, merge palehose with the diamond club so that all off-season topics are in one place. Part of me thinks it would create a lot more discussion plus prevent threads from popping up in two forums. The reason I say this is, I fully believe what goes on in another organization often times has an indirect impact as to potential moves the Sox or our competition might make. It would only be a temporary move and I wanted to see what everyone would think before I just went and did it. Let me know your thoughts
-
Brian Goodwin: Top 2012 Draft Propsect
I was actually impressed after I heard about how much of an effort the Sox made to get him. We knew when he was drafted that he was pretty much a lock to go to UNC. Kid has a ton of talent.
-
Payroll Resource
Just an FYI, but if anyone is looking for it, I've moved the link to the thread into the top of the sites header.
-
White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread
Big Hurt has opened up his own record label. Happened to see this on yahoo. http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=AjTFc25kzoQgezpz...Furn=mlb-283745
-
White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread
For those tidbits that are important, but don't necessarily deserve its own thread
-
2010 Fall TV Thread
Most of the shows I like are on the republican list. But I also love Friday Ngihts list on the other side. Cali, I noticed you left out The Big Bang Theory
-
Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread
All that said, I really hope PSU can beat Michigan State. If that happens than I fully believe 2 of Iowa, Wisconsin and OSU will be going to the BCS game. Most likely it would be Wiscy and the winner of the Iowa/OSU game. However, with all that said, Iowa will probably f*** up and lose to Northwestern and than beat Ohio State and totally make me look like an idiot, lol.
-
Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread
I will be rooting for a Wisconsin lost and the Hawkeyes to win out
-
2010 Fall TV Thread
What channel is this walking dead on?
-
Catch All Anything Thread
Those kettle chips are awesome. I love the bbq, salt and pepper, and salt and vinegar.
-
Trade Candidates for Kenny this offseason
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 6, 2010 -> 08:02 AM) I think the Sox trade Alex Rios. He had decent numbers overall, but his second half was worse than the numbers he had with Toronto when they gave him away. The Sox might be able to sell the entire line of work and might get some decent parts back for him, and free up cash money. If they could get Colby Rasmus I'd be a pretty supportive fan of that idea.