Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Sox @ Indians
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:26 PM) Certainly doesn't help. We're not taking about an organization loaded with catching prospects. If they were so willing to deal him for two months of Dunn they're pretty much telling everybody they don't value him much. Did you see what the Nats were asking for 2 months of Dunn. How about we quit insinuating what Dunn is worth. Dunn was worth > 2 top draft picks. That is value. In fact, he was actually worth a little more than 2 top draft picks (since the Nats keeping him also helped there PR). The Nats were asking teams for TOP prospects and we ended up offering one of ours which ultimately wasn't enough to get it done. That in no way shape or form impacts his trade value amongst baseball. And this assumption that it was a horrible offer and shows that we have no value for him is ludcricious. His s***ty play is why we are willing to move him and why most teams could care less about him at this point in time.
-
Sox @ Indians
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:25 PM) I don't. I'm saying from Flowers' point of view. Baseballs a business. Flowers can't be concerned about where he plays, he just needs to make sure he hits and if he does, he'll have nothing to worry about. But right now, he's got far more things to worry about than whether he gets dealt or not (like not sucking).
-
Sox @ Indians
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:24 PM) Because he potentially killed any trade value he had. Mentioning that we were gonig to deal him doesn't hurt his trade value. His s***ty play has hurt his trade value.
-
Sox @ Indians
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:22 PM) Yep, an MVP caliber season from Konerko likely won't be duplicated even if he returns (I'm not quite sure where we're going to get the money needed for offensive upgrades and bullpen upgrades). KW is going to have to make a great trade with Danks as the ammunition. We probably have the ability to move a starter. On top of that our pen is going to still have Pena, Sale (unless he starts), Thornton, and Santos. While I realize those are young guys, they have talent and we know what Thorty has. Who ends up closing, I have no idea, but there is always a shot the Sox bring back Putz. Lets not pretend we need to overhaul the pen.
-
Sox @ Indians
Pierre!!! And than steals 2nd WOOOO!!!
-
Sox @ Indians
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:21 PM) There's no way we can expect PK to have a similar year in 2011 (IF we bring him back). And Pierre has overachieved. Like fathom, I'm not salivating over our potential offense for next year. Expect Paulie to have a similar year, no, but Paulie is a pretty safe bet to be a .280, 30HR, 90 to 100 RBI guy. YES, Tigers just took a 2-0 lead with 2 down and runners on 1st and 2nd.
-
Sox @ Indians
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:18 PM) KW totally f***ed up when he let it get out that Flowers and Jackson was his final offer for two months of Dunn. Why was that a f*** up?
-
Sox @ Indians
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:16 PM) Depending what happens with Paulie I think we're 1B/3B away from a great lineup. Thats a big if, since those are two major power positions. I think as of now, we will have holes at RF (Pierre/Rios are locks), 3B (no one), C, and 1B (Paulie a FA). Potential fits from within are: - Dayan Viciedo (we know he can't do it defensively at 3B, but offensively he has the ability to be a fit at 1B, but we'd be taking an awful huge chance switching from Paulie to Dayan - Teahen (personally I'd just let him be a backup that can get at bats from the left side in RF, 3B, 2B, and 1st) - Flowers (Not ready) - Mitchell (Not ready) Tigers just took a 1-0 lead with runners on the corners and 2 out.
-
Sox @ Indians
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 05:14 PM) I'm not exactly looking forward to what our offense will look like next season. Flowers isn't an answer. I think we are going to see a few tweaks to the club. I look forward to what Beckham can do next year, but clearly, we'll have to make some moves to upgrade the offense. However, our offense this season hasn't been near as bad as some of you would make us think. The unfortunate thing is with a legitimate DH we have a really good offense this year (hopefully Manny will be that). Last inning was awful, top of the order due up and I'm glad cause Pierre has been money.
-
Sox @ Indians
It is really amazing how bad AJ has been offensively this year. He barely ever hits the ball hard.
-
Sox @ Indians
Alright...Sox offense is going to get rolling from here on out
-
Sox @ Indians
Bad inning. Mowed Down Rios/Konerko/Quentin with ease. The thing that has stunned me with Q this year is how many times he's gotten himself out. For a guy with a good eye, that shouldn't happen at the rate it has to Quentin.
-
Sox @ Indians
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 04:58 PM) He's so abysmal defensively that whatever offense he brings to the table is negated. I don't think most people truly realize how bad he's been this year. Adam Dunn might be pointing and laughing. Carlos has no business, at least shouldn't have an business, playing RF. He really is a pure DH. He's been horrible.
-
Sox @ Indians
According to MLBN, Manny will be starting tomorrow.
-
Sox @ Indians
There is no denying that Q has the ability to be an absolute force in the lineup and given the possibility of Konerko being. gone our offense is going to need another bat.
-
Sox @ Indians
What is going on with Quentin. He's totally streaking offensively and outside of his hot streaks he's a pretty easy out and defensively he's been horrendous. I wonder if the Sox will move him this off-season since he'll be due a range. At the same time, you know the tools are there for him to just be a completely dominant offensive player.
-
Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread
Iowa will be beyond horrid.
-
White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:32 AM) It should be Sale since he is probably unavailable today from pitching last night. Uhhh, I want Sale on the post-season roster.
-
The Cove
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:30 AM) Like most fish? Why can't dolphins be used to feed the population? Types of fish have mercury, but the people in Japan certainly would appear to have zero interest in eating the dolphin meat. It is being mis-labeled as something else. The levels of mercury in dolphins and whales doesn't even compare to that in Swordfish and Tuna and even for those fish you are not supposed to eat it more than once a week due to the levels of mercury. Dolphins and large whales have such high mercury levels because they are nearest to the top of the food chain and thus what they eat his more concentrated than what the smaller fish eat. If my government were sitting here feeding me stuff that is poisoned, I'd be irate. Heck, people are already irate as to the issues that have been going on with all of the food related illnesses that are happening and how poorly the FDA is controlling and ultimately preventing these problems from happening.
-
The Cove
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:25 AM) Not sure what you mean by this exactly. So it's ok to kill dumb animals but not smart ones? Pigs are smarter than dogs. Bacon is? Bacon might not be a healthy dish, but it is fine to eat and won't cause birth defects like Dolphin will (which is laced with mercury way higher than the healthy levels). And yes, it is ok to kill animals when we are utilizing the meat to feed our planet (humans). Do animals eat other animals? Absolutely. And with that, I'm out. I'm not interested in debating whether humans should/shouldn't eat meat, etc.
-
Announcing the arrival...
Congratulations!!!!
-
The Cove
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2010 -> 09:14 AM) Can I ask what's the difference between people killing a dolphin for food and a pig for food? Well, I'm not going to go into a huge debate between being a vetetarian or a carnivore. However, I think there is a big difference in the way animals are slaughtered and as much as I don't want to say it, there is a major difference in the smarts/way we view different animals. I also want to point out that dolphin meat isn't even healthy to eat so quite frankly, they are just getting killed to be killed, because people knowingly wouldn't eat dolphin. It is being mislabeled as other kinds of food in Japan, primarily larger whales. At least with a pig, it is being killed and a lot of the parts are used to sustain our population. Same as plants are killed (so to speak) when we eat them and other vegetables.
-
The Cove
What were your thoughts. I watched it and enjoyed it and am looking forward to the upcoming show Blood Dolphins. Personally, I hope that the documentary and the upcoming show will help make the situation far more public and hopefully put an end to what is going on in Japan. The video footage they get at the very end is absolutely horrifying.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
I think Green Bay is going to win the superbowl
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
I thought the line looked a lot better this past weekend. Good, no, but better, absolutely. Cutler looked different. While it was his worse preseason game of the season, he seems to have a better demeanor on the sidelines and I liked some of his post-game comments. I don't expect our offense to be dominating. I thought the defense looked quite a bit better, but still not there. Better pass rush and we did it without our starting LB's. In general, prior to watching the game I was really really nervous, but after watching I felt a little bit better. I have no idea what to expect out of this team but lately I had been thinking 6 or 7 wins at best, but I'm thinking that could change if our coaching staffs can continue to build improvements. Especially on the offensive side of the ball.