Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 05:02 PM) I'd be curious to hear from the 9-11 group on here. What and why do you believe? That is one I can't get behind at all. I'm a pretty tough person to offend, but I honestly get offended and appalled at the talk of the 9/11 conspiracy. I can't believe that people think the government would pull something like that off. Pearl Harbor would be one thing and even than while I talk about the possibility that FDR knew, I think the most likely scenario is he had an inkling an attack was happening but he didn't know the exact date and time, etc, so it was hard to truly be prepared.
  2. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 07:54 PM) My brother in law's wife has been there more times then I can count, and she's fluent in Russian - done some work over there. Maybe I can have her email you? Absolutely.
  3. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 07:57 PM) Yeah, I know. lol. I hope they help him out with COLA or per diem or whatever you'd call it. I won't pay a dime during the 2 weeks I am there, so they'll be helping me out, haha. Whenever I travel on business nothing but the company card is used. I'm allowed a couple tourist type things to do that are reasonable as well. Hell, I got another question. What is Russian food? I honestly have no idea.
  4. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 07:30 AM) You cannot associate the frequency of a black swan event, over a very short period, with any sort of trend. If over 5 or 10 years, you start seeing a big increase in no-hitters and perfect games, then maybe its meaningful. But to look at the 19th, 20th, and maybe 21st events of something happening in about a MILLION games played, and try to draw any sort of conclusion from it, just isn't meaningful. Over the past 2 years, no hitters, 1 hitters, 2 hitters, and perfect games are up a total of 50% over the average of the most recent 10 year span of the Steroid Era. I think it is interesting to note how much baseball is shifting back to a pitchers league and I think we will see the way the game is played get altered a bit in the near future. Some of the little things that help you scrap out a run or two will become more important. As will having guys that can play incredible defense.
  5. QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 11:06 PM) Its because of the steroid crack down, get use to hitting going downhill It is a combination of no steroids, no HGH, and more importantly no amphetamines. Players aren't able to get "up" like they used to, especially on extended road trips, etc. In addition to that we are entering an era with some really really good pitchers. And I don't think perfect games are going to become a common occurrence. Hitters today are more patient than ever before and while they might strike out a lot, they also tend to walk more.
  6. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 08:29 PM) If that umpire is not fired, then I'm done with baseball. Come on, that is pretty ridiculous. Joyce is one of the better umps in baseball. He just made a really terrible call at an awful time.
  7. Steve, very cool stuff you and Rangercal have done.
  8. One minor correction, 2 of the 8 battleships were actually sunk. 2 took significant hits but were eventually repaired and went back into use.
  9. I think they'd get him for nothing. What would piss me off is that the organization should be spending money on our draft as opposed to spending the money on saving a sinking ship. Just my 2 cents though because as of this point I can't see how we could possibly justify buying when our team is completely underperforming. I'm an optimist but right now they are just dragging and dragging. Could they pick it up and dominate, absolutely, but I'm not going to continue to sit around and wait for it to happen.
  10. Wow, awful luck. That was a basehit up the middle...turned into a DP.
  11. Alright Kotsay...Titan pride.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    So Tracye Thompson is now out for a s***load of time, undergoing surgery?
  13. I assume it would be worthless to look into Joe Crede? I know he isn't very good, but defensively he was still rock solid last year for the Twins.
  14. http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/...6315/pearl.html Above is a site on the Pearl Harbor conspiracy.
  15. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 12:28 PM) There is zero chance any leader would have left his navy exposed in that way if he had an inkling of a time or a place.. Not the entire fleet. They knew that a Japanese first strike was a strong possibility. But that was why the fleet moved to Pearl; to respond to a potential first strike I thought the majority of the big cruisers and aircraft carriers were not stationed at the base the day of the attack? Am I mistaken?
  16. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 11:42 AM) The more I have read about FDR in the time period of 1939 to Dec 6, 1941, the less I agree with that. He talked over and over again about needing the one incident to be able to break down the isolationist movement in the US, and he had been taking us step by step to war, without most of the country realizing it. He himself was busted by the one and only Chicago Tribune days before the Japanese attack that there would need to be millions of troops sent to Europe to defeat Hitler, and that meant us. Everything indicates he wanted it to happen. FDR even lied about the events of a couple of our incidents in the Atlantic with the Nazi's to try to make the case for war more palatable to America. FDR also knew by ordering an oil embargo against Japan, they would have to start attacking either the Dutch East Indies (Britain) or the USSR, which had already been attacked by Germany, to find an oil supply. Heck reading some of the things that FDR and Churchill were talking about during that time period that have been released, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he knew Pearl Harbor was coming ahead of time. I fully believe that FDR was aware of Pearl Harbor. Albeit, Balta & Badger bring up logical counterpoints.
  17. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 01:45 PM) The only guy who has been an above average defender by any reasonable amount has been Rios. There is no way Rios makes up for Teahen. Pierre, Rios, Beckham, and Ramirez all I would imagine are above average on the UZR. Ignore the above, Kalapse said it much better than I did.
  18. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 01:39 PM) Teahen himself has given away more than that. Things like that are exactly why I can't get behind fielding stats as some sort of reality. Teahen has given up more than the average, but other guys are giving up less than the average so the weighted hole is only 4.6 above average.
  19. BA Hot Sheet Chat on Jordan Danks:
  20. BA Hot Sheet Chat on Hudson:
  21. Chisoxfn replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    Ya, one thing I'm very congnizant of is the fact that you can't really take cabs and stuff like that in Russia and to not be flashy. One of the coworkers I'm going with is Russian and lived there up until they were 17 or 18.
  22. Chisoxfn posted a topic in SLaM
    I'm going to be going to Moscow for business for 2 weeks and I was going to see if anyone has ever been and if so if they have any advice of things to see/do or not to see/do. I'll probably have 3 to 4 or so days where I won't spend a minute working, but I'll also have might nights free to see stuff as well. Thanks
  23. Good luck Sqwert. You can definitely use a garment bag as your carry on (as long as it isn't some massive garment bag). Heck, I have a pretty good size garment bag that I use as my carry-on when I fly for business.
  24. I'm curious to know whether scouts like him more than Kenny Jr at least. Kenny is a great athlete but the guy can't stay healthy and was such a ridiculous overdraft.
  25. Thanks Guys & Gals. Honeymoons Friday, was married this past Friday. Enjoyed a couple days of summer bbq's afterwards

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.