June Catch All White Sox Thread

OK, here is the upcoming schedule for June. It starts with a nice 9 game homestand and then on the road to NL teams

1 June - Texas

2 June - Texas

3 June - Texas

4 June - Cleveland

5 June - Cleveland

6 June - Clelveland

8 June - Detroit

9 June - Detroit

10 June - Detroit

11 June - @ CUBS

12 June - @ CUBS

13 June - @ CUBS

15 June - @ Pirates

16 June - @ Pirates

17 June - @ Pirates

18 June - @ Nationals

19 June - @ Nationals

20 June - @ Nationals

22 June - Braves

23 June - Braves

24 June - Braves

25 June - CUBS

26 June - CUBS

27 June - CUBS

28 June - @ KC

29 June - @ KC

30 June - @ KC

The way I see it anything can and might happen and it is long overdue to be our turn to get a break and get the bats to start waking up. If we can get 2 quality starts in each series and turn them into victories then we have 8 of the 9 series we can potentially win. Of couse this is all speculation but we should be able to feast on the NL (Flubbies included) to the tune of a 11-4 or at least 10-5 record in those 15 games. That is certainly enough to at least get us to the .500 mark. It is a long shot shot but as noted I only see the Rangers series as the difficult one because eventhough the Tribe has owned us that isn´t going to be forever and we always play the Tigers and Royals well. OK Flame Away..

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 games until the break. I think they have to go 25-12 to be really in it. So it's either get hot now, or AJ could be gone in a couple weeks, and then the dominoes will probably start to fall on trades.

Flav, I agree but I think the more immediate objective is to get to .500. Then you build on that momentum.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 31, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)
37 games until the break. I think they have to go 25-12 to be really in it. So it's either get hot now, or AJ could be gone in a couple weeks, and then the dominoes will probably start to fall on trades.

That'll be hard to accomplish going 25-12. With the way we've been playing I can see us going 16-11 in June. Hopefully we play better and make it 18-9. That would make one great June.

Edited by WilliamTell

Seeing that we aren't a .500 team after 2 months I don't see why all of a sudden we're going to play well over it for a month span.

I see ur point but I am optimistic and hopefully the batters below the Mendoza line will ake up enough to get some clutch hits in the right situations. Not expecting anything and I admit .500 for the month might be more realistic but hey we have to have hope.

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 31, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
Seeing that we aren't a .500 team after 2 months I don't see why all of a sudden we're going to play well over it for a month span.

Beckham and Quentin getting on track would do a hell of a lot to improve this team. We've been saying that for about 4-6 weeks now though too, so who knows.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 31, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
Beckham and Quentin getting on track would do a hell of a lot to improve this team. We've been saying that for about 4-6 weeks now though too, so who knows.

Ditto Peavy and Floyd.

Texas is good. We'll see right off the bat if we can win a home series against a good team. Then lousy Cleveland again?

We're going to find out quickly if the Sox indeed are playing better or if that is a myth.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 31, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)

Well over the past 34 games, we've been a .500 team. That first 2-week stretch to start the season really got us into a terrible hole. Considering the next month means more games at home and weaker opponents from the NL, I could see us enjoying a pretty good stretch. Hopefully one that gets us playing more consistent winning baseball for the remainder of the season

Well over the past 34 games, we've been a .500 team. That first 2-week stretch to start the season really got us into a terrible hole. Considering the next month means more games at home and weaker opponents from the NL, I could see us enjoying a pretty good stretch. Hopefully one that gets us playing more consistent winning baseball for the remainder of the season

I am gonna be cautiously optimistic and say anything that gets us to .500 or a couple of games above close to near the end of the month is doing real good considering our offense has been asleep pretty much of the season.

That NL schedule is no cupcake. The Braves could easily sweep us and the Cubs have good pitching and could dominate our hitters. The Nationals are playing really well and we can only hope and pray we don't have to face Strasburg, because he would own us I'm pretty sure. Heck even the Pirates are competitive and have a few fun guys to watch play.

As a Sox fan, I hope they play well and support them through the thick and the thin, but the smart baseball person in me knows they really aren't that good as constructed. All of the guys struggling right now need to break out of it and the pitching needs to be sharp and on their games in order to win. We need more consistant pitching performances to believe that we come jump back into the race.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 31, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
Texas is good. We'll see right off the bat if we can win a home series against a good team. Then lousy Cleveland again?

We're going to find out quickly if the Sox indeed are playing better or if that is a myth.

Yeah, but they are bad on the road.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:53 AM)
That'll be hard to accomplish going 25-12. With the way we've been playing I can see us going 16-11 in June. Hopefully we play better and make it 18-9. That would make one great June.

I pretty much agree with this. If we can eclipse .500 by the end of the month, that would be a massive improvement and may preclude Kenny from selling players off (except Jenks, who is certainly going onto waivers and may be claimed in late August).

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 31, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
We tend to hit fastball dominant pitchers. Don't write us off so soon.

He is filthy with pinpoint control. I know we have handled fastballers better than junkballers, but I think the world of Strasburg. He will be dominant when he arrives for the Nats.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ May 31, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
He is filthy with pinpoint control. I know we have handled fastballers better than junkballers, but I think the world of Strasburg. He will be dominant when he arrives for the Nats.

I know the guy has been a stud, but he hasn't faced a single major league team yet.... and you're already putting an "L" on the schedule?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 31, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
We tend to hit fastball dominant pitchers. Don't write us off so soon.

We also suck against first time pitchers.

But it would be pretty darn great if we lit him up.

It´s my hope we feast on the Flubs, Nationals, and Pirates for a 9-3 record in those 12 games. GO SOX!

GO HAWKS, 2 down, 2 to go!!!

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (Disco72 @ May 31, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
I know the guy has been a stud, but he hasn't faced a single major league team yet.... and you're already putting an "L" on the schedule?

Seriously. The idea that a guy who has never pitched in the majors is a lock to win his third game is pretty ridiculous.

Single season since 1901, 18+ IP, 100% relief, highest WHIP:

2.667 - George Grant, 1929 (24 IP)

2.571 - Randy Williams, 2010 (18.2 IP)

2.559 - Albie Lopez, 2003 (22.2 IP)

2.509 - John Briscoe, 1995 (18.1 IP)

2.508 - Mark Wohlers, 1998 (20.1 IP)

2.500 - Rich Loiselle, 2001 (18 IP)

Single season since 1901, played for CHW, 18+ IP, 100% relief, highest WHIP:

2.571 - Randy Williams, 2010 (18.2 IP)

2.164 - Jesus Pena, 1999 (20.1 IP)

2.143 - Clyde Shoun, 1949 (23.1 IP)

2.120 - Scott Eyre, 1999 (25. IP)

2.085 - Ehren Wassermann, 2008 (19.2 IP)

2.067 - Cliff Politte, 2006 (30 IP)

2.000 - Joel McKeon, 1987 (21 IP)