Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Fantastic news. Getting him into the AFL will be big because it will at least help get him ready for next year so that he can maybe start next season and hit the ground running.
  2. QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2010 -> 12:56 PM) Remember that due to the Peavy trade, we have an absolute lack of pitching in our system outside of Hudson. That's why I'm confident they'll take a college pitcher with 1st pick. James Paxton might be my choice.
  3. QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 27, 2010 -> 12:28 PM) I've been hearing a lot of negatives regarding his pitch recognition as well, and how it's far away from what it should be at this point. I don't think it's in any way realistic the Sox consider him with the 13th pick. Wilson is basically a tool shed. What he does with those tools, no one will know. From a production standpoint and where he is right now, he has major major flaws to his game. Whomever drafts him will need to have a very good player development department and obviously Wilson will have to have a great work ethic and be able to adapt and make the necessary changes to his game.
  4. Could people be speculating at the Sox changing managers at some point this season if all goes wrong and this be a devised move to try and start putting out some ammo for why they could be getting rid of Ozzie.
  5. QUOTE (iamshack @ May 27, 2010 -> 11:30 AM) Oh give me a break. Ozzie is a polarizing figure. There are simply going to be those that love him, and those that hate him. And most managers aren't polarizing so you than have a wide variety of guys willing to play for you. This is a pretty damning article. I guarantee one or two of those agents is whomever represents Bmac and Brian Anderson.
  6. Chisoxfn replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    I will say this though, after reading that write-up, it put everything into much better perspective to me. And the idea is definitely plausible and makes a s***load of sense.
  7. Chisoxfn replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 27, 2010 -> 07:19 AM) Jacob planned to kill MIB? If the only way that is possible is with a EM-immune person like Desmond, how did he expect Dharma to do anything? Any why would the Others KILL the Dharma people? MIB corrupted Ben? How? Ben only ever took orders from Jacob via Richard. That was the one thing that stood out to me. I could see it if Ben didn't take his orders from Richard.
  8. Good stuff Ozzie. Heres a guy that stood out a little to me. Seems like he could be a nice value pick in the 3rd to 5th.
  9. One thing we know is you can bet your ass the Sox will draft some prep guys from Florida. Heres a short Q&A blurb about 2 Florida preps:
  10. Here is an interesting take fro ma scout on Bryce Harper: What I find so interesting is the fact that we are talking about a corner outfielder. I think there is a huge difference between whether Harper sticks at C vs becomes an outfielder and it seems like a ton of teams want him in the OF because he can/should reach the majors quicker. Still, despite his massive power potential and the fact that he's one of the most hyped draft picks of all time, there is still a major bust factor that exists (per this scout).
  11. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 27, 2010 -> 08:43 AM) If the Sox take the route of a college power pitcher, I would point to Matt Harvey/Ranaudo. Another name I like, albeit not at our pick is Sam Dyson (who knows where he will go). Dyson has a first round arm and I think he could make it as a premium reliever in time if he ended up not having enough to be a starter. Total enignma, but a pick I'd love outside of our 1st 2 picks. I really think Gary Brown in the 2nd round makes a lot of sense for the Sox given the fact that they want athletic outfielders. I dont' know if Brown will hit enough, but if he does, boy would he be a great guy to have in our order for a long time (fast, terrific baserunner, terrific defender, can play any OF position at a plus, imo, strong arm). He just won't hit for power. Here is what Dave Perkin, a scout, says about Gary Brown: Like I said, I really really like Brown and would love it if he was somehow there in the 2nd when we pick. I doubt he gets out of the supplemental 1st and I also don't think he'll go in the 1st due to his minor injury (Broken finger).
  12. One draft experts take on the top of this draft: Just something to consider given the fact that I think a lot of us are more high on the hitters than the pitchers. I'm starting to warm up to Wimmers. Seems like a guy that can pitch and has enough velocity to actually be a top of the rotation guy. Not sure if I love him, but I dont' think he's just a low upside starter that we like. He has a pretty good arsenal.
  13. Here's a name to look out for in the 3-7 rounds: Chad Lewis, from Marina High in Orange County. He'll probably go from the 3rd to the 5th. Real nice set of tools.
  14. If the Sox take the route of a college power pitcher, I would point to Matt Harvey/Ranaudo. Another name I like, albeit not at our pick is Sam Dyson (who knows where he will go). Dyson has a first round arm and I think he could make it as a premium reliever in time if he ended up not having enough to be a starter. Total enignma, but a pick I'd love outside of our 1st 2 picks. I really think Gary Brown in the 2nd round makes a lot of sense for the Sox given the fact that they want athletic outfielders. I dont' know if Brown will hit enough, but if he does, boy would he be a great guy to have in our order for a long time (fast, terrific baserunner, terrific defender, can play any OF position at a plus, imo, strong arm). He just won't hit for power.
  15. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2010 -> 08:27 AM) Dwyane Wade questions Bulls' loyalty towards their ex-players. No word yet on whether or not Ex-Bulls John Paxson and Randy Brown agree with Wade that ex-Bulls aren't part of the organization. I think Wade will have that question interviewed when he talks to Bill Cartwright (who was a coach for us for a long time and eventually our head coach), John Paxson (GM), BJ Armstrong (former asst. GM who left to become an agent), Pete Myers, Bill Wennington (commentator), etc. One thing JR is known for is the fact that he is very loyal to guys who were a part of his organizations for the most part. Sure, there are the occasional problem areas (i.e., Carlton Fisk) but I think Scottie and MJ both wanted to do different things more than anything. I think both would be welcome in with open arms. Jordan owns his own team and Pippen pretty much dissapeared from the spotlight.
  16. Chisoxfn replied to retro1983hat's topic in SLaM
    I enjoyed the finale and I loved the show.
  17. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 26, 2010 -> 05:47 AM) It's hard to pinpoint just one thing as being my favorite, but one of the best things about the trip was the cost of goods. Obviously there are tradeoffs and most of the goods' quality suffers, but I still got quite a bit of stuff for right around $300-400 (and it would have cost easily twice that over here if not more). But just the general experience of being in a huge city and completely immersing myself into an entirely different culture was a scary yet wonderful feeling. It was easily one of the best times of my life. I did not, but that would be amazing to see. The sky was awful though huh? The EXPO was pretty amazing though wasn't it? I can't believe they spent that much money for something where everything but a few buildings will be demolished in the next year or so.
  18. Chisoxfn replied to flavum's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 25, 2010 -> 08:08 PM) Jimmy Ballinger (flying under the radar here) has yet to allow a run (21 IP) this season. Pretty cool to see, especially for a guy who is in an age appropriate league. Ballinger has a pretty solid arm. He's a prospect and a guy to watch.
  19. QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 26, 2010 -> 07:58 AM) Piliere's 1st Full Mock Draft I wouldn't mind Sale either. Better bat than Castellanos at this point, and is projected to be a true power guy. I don't like his defensive shortcomings though. He's pretty much Travis Snider 2.0 I'd be exstatic with either guy. I really like the bat options better than the pitching options as of now. I haven't feel in love with too many pitchers, especially the ones the Sox are likely to target. Castellano's has the tools and potential to be a machine at 3B.
  20. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 26, 2010 -> 06:41 AM) I wonder if, once June 1 rolls around, it might not make sense to give Peavy a 15 day "Tired arm" DL trip and give Hudson a few starts. It won't happen. He'll pitch through this. He's got to get sharp. His stuff has been there for plenty of the starts, his command has just been shoddy most of the time.
  21. QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 25, 2010 -> 01:47 PM) This pleases me. The guy has real nice offensive tools.
  22. I wouldn't necessarily call Mark dominant, but the guy has a Perfect game and a no hitter. On top of that he has been one of the most consistent and reliable pitchers in baseball and at times been one of baseballs best. In fact, when you look at his stats over long periods, the guy has been one of the best in his reign. He'll need to play for a while and stay above average, but he has a shot to make the HOF.
  23. So heres a picture from the event on Sunday. http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7431/dsc0033gq.jpg
  24. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 23, 2010 -> 01:56 PM) I take that as meaning your fiancée is Vietnamese? Yep!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.