Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Chisoxfn replied to Chi Town Sox's topic in SLaM
    I'm going to piggy back a bit off this. Also, Sonix, I'll be there, barring volcano issues, in about 3 weeks for 10 days. England and France. So I'll pass along some info of what I liked, didn't like, etc.
  2. Chisoxfn replied to Chi Town Sox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 17, 2010 -> 05:10 AM) Hostel Gotcha. I was thinking Hostel, but when he specifically mentioned not staying in a brothel, I thought maybe he was referring to some sort of personal experience or funny story he had heard of.
  3. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2010 -> 11:26 AM) Andre Eithier is leading MLB with a .392 average and 38 RBI and is at the top of the NL with 11 HR. He broke his pinky finger in batting practice. Not sure yet if it's a DL trip or not. Thats a bummer, guy is having a triple crown start to the season.
  4. Fullerton swept the rival dirtbags on the road this weekend to clinch a tie of the Big West title and clinch a postseason birth. 19th consecutive year the Titans have reached the postseason (3rd longest streak in the nation). It is also there 32nd postseason bid in the colleges 36 year history of playing baseball. Record climbs to 34-14. Pretty crazy considering at one point this year, the Titans won 2 out of 3 to bring there record above .500 to 12-11. Titans are 22-3 in there last 25 games. Miami and Florida State are the teams with more consecutive post-season births, both with 30+ seasons in a row.
  5. Chisoxfn replied to Chi Town Sox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ May 17, 2010 -> 01:05 AM) Whatever you do... don't travel to Slovakia to visit a brothel. :-/ I hear a story coming?
  6. I happened to be able to listen to the games this weekend and Wimpy sounded real good. Condolences to DJ and his family.
  7. I don't think AJ will bring the Sox much other than cash savings, but I could be wrong. Maybe you can get one of the Rangers young catchers that they haven't been able to develop, not sure. But I think now would be a good time to move AJ and consider letting Flowers try it up here. Probably a bit too soon as Flowers still has adjustments to make, but it is what it is.
  8. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 16, 2010 -> 04:58 PM) With all the ripping of the White Sox hitters and deservedly so, how come this guy gets a free pass? It most likely will be the second year in a row he's going to go into June with an ERA hovering around 7.00. Maybe he pitches better later, maybe not, but these games still count. If Jose Contreras put up the same numbers people would have been calling for the White Sox to eat his contract. Gavin has sucked this season. The stuff is there, the defense behind him hasn't been great and he's given up a lot of cheap hits. I'm not concerned about Gavin. Clearly his production has been disappointing, but he's the least of my worries. I said as much last season too.
  9. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ May 14, 2010 -> 11:38 AM) Yeah he seems to be a 25 guy now for a lot of people in the prospect industry. Trout was one of the guys I really liked. That said, I had zero problem with the Mitchell pick and I think a lot of scouts were drooling over Mitchell late last year in his pro debut. No one could have expected his injury.
  10. QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:16 AM) Continued... Jameson Taillon is the big name here, despite a so-so spring he's probably the no.2 talent is the draft behind Harper, although it doesn't sound like he's going no.2 at this point. People gush about Tallison's pure upside.
  11. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:47 AM) That is a load of crap. This stuff is everywhere. Heck our entire football conference barring two schools have the stuff. All they have to do is ask around for injury numbers. The numbers seem to indicate that more injuries occur on that stuff than on grass though. Albeit it is far better than old fashioned astro turf.
  12. Time to man up and sweep a team. come on Sox!!!
  13. Sounded like the Bears wanted to wait until there was further research done on the field surface before making the change. I guess I can understand that. Albeit the Bears grass just gets beaten up.
  14. QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2010 -> 07:55 AM) Head to head Rose just looks head and shoulders better than Rondo. Rondo just cannot contain D Rose and I think Derrick is very close to becoming one of the elite dominating players in the league. He is that good. Against the Cavs he was the best player on the floor for alot of the series. Don't forget that against the Cavs, Rondo looked amazing too. Mo Williams is a garbage defender. I think Rose is > Rondo, but I think people tend to underestimate Rondo a lot, especially because he's the best defensive PG in the league, imo. Rose on the other hand is a pretty damn terrible defender most of the time (mainly due to lack of commitment/focus).
  15. QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2010 -> 06:43 AM) I was reading some blogs to get everyone's opinion when I saw a few people talking about how Mo Williams is better than Rose, then I closed the window. Bhahahaa....Mo Williams is so overrated. I could see a debate between Rondo and Rose at this point. Rose is the more explosive scorer and might be a better passer, but Rondo is a superior defensively. Rondo also has an assload more weapons, which helps. So in short, I'd still take Rose over Rondo. My pg ratings are like this: Steve Nash - Maybe he isn't the best, but he sure as hell is fun to watch and boy does he make the Suns work Deron Williams - CP3 was hurt this past year, Deron is pretty darn good all around Chris Paul - Pretty freaking good. When 100%, he's the best. Derrick Rose - I think he has more upside than anyone on this list Rajon Rondo - Pretty f***ing good Tony Parker - Fantasy stats are meh, but he's still young, and when healthy is a very good PG Jason Kidd - he just isn't the player he used to be, still an amazing passer though.
  16. I don't know. Shaq has been pretty valuable in short spurts. It is just a matter of whether he is ok playing 15 minutes a game in the regular season and maybe 20 in the playoffs.
  17. QUOTE (SHIPPS @ May 14, 2010 -> 05:26 AM) I am so extremely horny today. And NO this is not intended to be a pornographic post for my own pleasure or use. It is just an out of the ordinary type of hornyness that I dont quite know how to deal with while I am at work. LOL Ah f***...and I'm going to see you later today. I'm scared.
  18. SOB, yet another show I really enjoyed gets cancelled. Nothing will ever top Jericho though. How that s*** got cancelled I'll never know.
  19. Please come to Chicago....please come to Chicago...please sign with Chicago LBJ!!!
  20. QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 13, 2010 -> 01:26 PM) It's almost impossible to argue Chris Paul vs. Deron Williams. They are almost identical in production. But I give Paul the slight edge in defense and shooting. Deron Williams is definitely a top 10 candidate though, as is Carmelo if I expanded my list. I only put Deron over Paul because of Pauls recent injuries. Prior to this year, I would have had Paul over Deron and Nash. Right now I have Nash over all, but that is probably partly because of the system he plays in. Such a f***ing amazing passer and dynamic player though. The way he makes guys better is just ridiculous.
  21. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 13, 2010 -> 01:51 PM) Well that's easy. Kobe is 10 years older. By that logic if I had to choose between Grant Hill and MJ in 1998 I'd no doubt go with Grant Hill. Kobe's still a better player than Durant, IMO. I agree, Kobe is a better player. My list would go something like this: 1. LBJ 2. Kobe Bryant 3. Dwayne Wade 4. Carmelo Anthony 5. Kevin Durant 6. Dwight Howard (without foul troubles I'd move him up) 7. Steve Nash 8. Deron Williams 9. Paul Gasol 10. Chris Bosh 11 ettc. CP3/Duncan/Someone I probably forgot.
  22. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 13, 2010 -> 12:32 PM) I get what you're saying. I just can't bring myself to take Durant over Kobe. Even at this point. For one game, I'm taking Kobe over Durant. If we are talking about who I'd sign as a FA if both were out there right now, it would be Durant.
  23. I'd love Austin Wilson.
  24. QUOTE (SHIPPS @ May 13, 2010 -> 09:50 AM) Facebook had the potential to get me in many troubles. Learn to be smart kimusabi!
  25. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 13, 2010 -> 08:54 AM) if it was a one time instance, then yeah, whoopdedoo. but it isnt. Like I said, I want Lebron, but he earned his rep as a showboater He can also do things no other player in the league can do. MJ had his tongue thing and did other stuff. Did he showboat as much as LBJ, hell no, but it was a different era and back than you'd lose your teeth if you showboated like that. Now a days it just happens.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.