Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 11, 2010 -> 12:27 PM) The Sox will be 6 back if they sweep. I agree losing is rarely, if ever good, and you could certainly argue this team isn't as bad as their record indicates. But this is simply not a playoff team, and if people are worried they'll linger half a dozen games back in July, leading to a bad win now trade by KW that won't change the fact that Minnesota and the loser of the Tampa Bay/New York AL East battle are better than us, I can understand that concern. I don't know why, but the standings thing I was looking at showed 7.5 games and I was thinking that this was a 3 game series. I agree an 8 game deficit is large, but there will be significant swings during the season and very rarely will a team play without a cold spell. That means it is quite possible that the Sox have had there significant drought where the Twins have not yet been subject to that. So just that alone will be a regression towards the mean. On top of that we have a buttload of games left with the Twins/Tigers and the regression to the means on our team averages will allow for a significant increase to our production and a likely hot-streak. The pitching should also improve, well at least from the rotation. Our bullpen will likely see regression amongst certain members but 2/3rds of our team should improve and I expect we'll see at least one big run. So as much as it might sound cliche, I believe that this team has talent and will be better. That doesn't mean there aren't holes that won't continue to be holes, but right now there is a s***load of holes, most of which will go away (for example..Jake Peavy is not a hole).
  2. Best sporting event in the world as far as I'm concerned.
  3. Stupid comment. Sox sweep and they are 4.5 games back. That is great for the organization as a whole. Losing is rarely, if ever good, especially when you have a lot of key parts and to me aren't incredibly far away. The offense is one of the worse of all time at this point in the season and it won't stay that way (judging by career norms). This team has some holes, but to act like there aren't very very good baseball players on the squad, we'd be lying. I'm not saying there is an easy fix, but this team isn't near as bad as the record indicates.
  4. The only thing I can really rip Kenny on is his short-sightedness when it comes to player development. We just haven't spend near enough in terms of international free agents and on the draft. Quite frankly it is an absolute mismanaged joke, especially for a team that spends as much as the Sox do on payroll a year.
  5. Jenks will be non-tendered if we still have him (barring him completely turning things around). I also note that I don't think Jenks is as bad as some indicate and I think it has more to do with his command and how much he dicks around now on the mound. And if Jenks does turn it around, he'll still be traded. That alone will create some payroll flexibility. I'm not sure what they will do with the rotation
  6. Titans finished off the sweep against UCR. Big West is weak, but Fullerton is coming on strong. I'm hoping they stay hot and a couple other top 10 teams falter, giving the Titans at least a shot at one of the 8 national seeds. Come on Titans!!!
  7. QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2010 -> 02:31 PM) As well as talent. And they have Heads, which is an instant deal breaker.
  8. f*** you all. Sox will win and all of the prior s*** will be done. Kick some ass Chisox!!!
  9. Remember this people. The Sox are hitting terrible with runners in scoring position, terrible with no one on base and our starters (outside of Danks) all are putting up numbers worse than there careers have indicated. That won't keep up and once the averages work out we will than have an idea of what are team will look like.
  10. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 11:17 AM) Robert Shiller (yes, that one) on the Housing market. The government supports for the housing market pretty much all end over the next month or two. After that, you've got a couple of months while things that close are absorbed into the data, and by the middle of the summer, we may start getting a sign about whether or not I'm right and the housing market still has a decent ways to fall. I think there is a shot that in certain markets which still are at risk for additional foreclosure exposure that we will see prices drop again by a decent chunk. Nothing like earlier, but I think there is the potential for another decline in the market. And to be honest, at least in the area I live in, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing because affordability indexes are still quite off the charts.
  11. RIP to one of the legendary broadcasters!
  12. I enjoy both lost and FF and it will be a shame if FF gets cancelled, just like it was a shame that Jericho got cancelled. I've watched lost since pretty much the beginning (around episode #7...I have no seen all of them, but last nights, which is on the DVR) and at the time I loved Jericho even more than Lost.
  13. And IIRC, Omogrosso has had tommy john before, so between a bum shoulder and a surgically repaired elbow the odds are stacked.
  14. QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2010 -> 12:49 PM) Haha, I remember that great play by Ensberg to turn the double play. Another forgotten moment from that game was Uribe absolutely butchering what should have been the final out, which resulted in Buehrle coming in for the save. I'll always remember the 2 plays Buehrle made to end the clinching game of the world series. Two plays where I feel he might have been the only SS in the game that could have made both of those plays.
  15. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ May 4, 2010 -> 12:01 PM) Why hasn't Tom Thibodeau ever gotten a head coaching job? It seems like he is always on the radar for a bunch of teams. Is it because he is waiting for the right job to come along and is just being picky? Given his success in Boston this seems like the likely reason. I think part of it is that the jobs that he was interested ended up hiring before he could go through the interview process since his team tends to play deeper into the playoffs (Boston). Chicago might have hired him back when they hired Del Negro if they ever really had the opportunity to take care of that.
  16. So here's my question of the day. If the Celtics take down the Cavs in this series, does Lebron leave?
  17. QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:35 AM) Cuban's out saying that the Mavs actually want another star to add to their team, and they could actually get one, if they did a sign and trade deal with Dampier's expiring contract which is not guaranteed at $13M, so who whoever acquires that can just waive him and it won't count against the cap, quite the handy trade chip. I can't see Dirk leaving Dallas just yet. FWIW, I know people on here don't like him at all, but if the Bulls want to sign a major FA, I think they only coach that they can "realistically" hire to do that would be Byron Scott, because he's really the only "name" coach out there that would probably take the job who is on the Bulls' shortlist. So to get a player, we'd hire probably one of the worse player coaches of all time. A guy who is a complete train wreck of a coach and is known to not talk to his players for weeks to months at a time if he's upset with them. No thanks. I'd rather go Brian Shaw if we can't get a big name coach. And Scott is not a big name coach.
  18. Peavy looked nasty. Real nasty. He had explosive stuff and the command is improving. He's still not there yet but that is ok, because very few guys can do what he can do even at the level he was last night, imo. Yes, Peavy is an ace and he will show you all that. Now its time for my boy Floyd to make this a winning streak!!!
  19. QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2010 -> 08:14 AM) From my view from section 113, he looked terrible still. Flying open way too much, and just pushing the bat through the zone. He was still opening up, but it was less so. He still swung through a couple flat out meatballs. I think he's making progress, but he's still not there yet.
  20. QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 4, 2010 -> 07:35 AM) I hope he has money leftover from when he signed. I think they make close to $60,000 at the least. Borchard is a pretty sharp guy and he has had some time at the major league level. From what I know he's invested his money, now who knows if he got bit by the real estate market or not .
  21. From what I've heard the org likes Shirek. He's got a nice arm and has a shot. Obviously the one issue is the so called depth in our rotation, especially since I don't see Hudson getting moved. The org is very high on him.
  22. Van Gundy, Collins and Phil Jackson are the only FA coaches (or soon to be FA coaches) who interest me.
  23. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 3, 2010 -> 03:55 PM) May I ask how exactly Ranaudo's stock has slipped? Not disputing this. I haven't followed too much college baseball this year. Drop in velocity/stuff? Performance? The latter wouldn't bother me nearly as much as the former would. It has suffered due to a combination of his performance and an injury. I could see him being available at #13.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.