Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
4/22 GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+2, WSCR 670
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 05:46 PM) It is just a way to pass the time as the game progresses. Tampa is good and this lineup could not be worse. The tone was set when he blew a two run lead by walking 6 guys. The thread should be as embarassing as the lineup, it is almost there. No, usually when things go bad it means there are more opportunities to have good, intelligent, discussions about what is going on, etc. All I see is non-sense that would make Cub fans look like Newton. I'm giving a notice right here and right now, for all of you people (and you know who you are), that continue to sputter out complete non-sense, take the time to make good posts or you will find yourself sitting out of game threads.
-
4/22 GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+2, WSCR 670
QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 05:41 PM) The Sox ruined this game thread, and many others, by being bad. No, comments that add absolutely zero value to the discussion are awful. Statements like he doesn't have 4 starts to figure it out, etc. He's got a Cy Young, was brilliant in 4 starts last year, and hasn't been near as bad this year as some of you guys seem to indicate. So when you take a game thread and spout the same stuff 1000 times that isn't even accurate or have a shred of fact to it, that is what ruins the game thread, because it fills the game thread with unintelligent nonsense.
-
4/22 GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+2, WSCR 670
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 05:41 PM) Sorry but there is not much to talk about. And talking about what a piece of s*** this team is ok. Talking about how Peavy is completely worthless, etc. How about some perspective people. I'm dissapointed but get yourselves in control cause these game threads are flat out embarrassing and to be quite frank ignorant.
-
4/22 GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+2, WSCR 670
Seriously, STFU people. You are the same guys that were busy talking about how awful Floyd was last year and what a joke of a pitcher he was too when he started rough. Give it a rest people. You are ruining the game thread.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 04:27 AM) Yeah that's a big difference between India and China. In India I was fortunate in that everyone there (basically) speaks English. In fact, everyone there spoke at least three languages - Hindi, English, and their local dialect. China, I don't know how true that is. Meanwhile, a lot of kids here in the States can barely speak one language, but that's another discussion. Kids are starting to learn english in China, but that is for the people who are pretty educated. Walking around and going to restaurants, etc, it will be very difficult to find anyone that speaks english. Usually you have to go with the old point method and order something with a picture otherwise you have absolutely no idea what you are ordering. Subways are pretty tough too, but they do have machines that translate into english. Beautiful city though, outside of the s***tiest air I've ever seen.
-
Gage is 27
Thanks for the bday wishes!!! Went to the circus in Shanghai last night for my birthday, it was insanely awesome.
-
Sushi in Chicago
QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 03:07 PM) I'm gonna be in the city next week, seeing if any of you fine classy people have any places to recommend... Your nuts. Sushi is much better in Cali.
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 09:09 AM) Anybody ever travel abroad by themselves? Is it recommended? I say this because I am most likely going to study abroad in Hong Kong Spring 2011, and I really want to explore Asia, possibly other places before the semester begins (it starts late, on Feb 1st so I would have about 3 weeks to travel, depending on how much I want to spend). I would go with someone but I most likely will not know anyone traveling there at the same time, and none of my friends will have the time or cash to do it too. I do have friends from Taiwan and other places offering to let me know where to go, and I have no problem traveling alone, just dont really know the whole international traveling alone thing. I'm in Shanghai right now and its a beautiful city, but by yourself you will have a lot of trouble if you can't speak or know anyone (i.e. friend, translator, tour guide, etc) who speaks Chinese, imo.
-
Where you met your significant other?
At Deloitte. Her and I started at the same time, became very good friends and it turns out we had a lot of mutual friends and grew up within 5 minutes of each other.
-
I don't like Andruw Jones
Closed
-
4/14 Gamethread: White Sox (3-5) vs Blue Jays (6-2) 6:07 PM
Damn....keep it up Andruw!!!
-
April Catch All White Sox Thread
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 04:16 PM) Seriously, all of those "I think the lineup should look like this" or "this lineup will solve the problem" threads need to have one catch-all. There must be two new threads like that every single day. Haha, I've made some adjustments, as you guys can see
-
April Catch All White Sox Thread
Hey, I hate these catch all threads, but I've seen enough people complain that it isn't aruond so I decided to add it. I'm also debating whether I should go in and close and delete some of these the sky is falling threads.
-
Simple Not Ideal Lineup Fix
Pierre is the Sox leadoff hitter and you don't make drastic changes 10 games into the season.
-
April Catch All White Sox Thread
Yes, I hate these threads, but I've seen a lot of people request it be brought back. The thread will be replaced each month though so that it doesn't get too excessive. To start off the thread, the buzz out on the west coast is that Adrian Gonzalez is in talks with the Padres on a new contract that would be worth a reported 160M over 8 years. I heard the above on ESPN Radio 710. It was not during a sports center update, rather was mentioned by one of the guests that was on the show (I didn't catch his name) but he sounded like a beat reporter for the Padres. Either way the above was news to me as I haven't read it anywhere on the web.
-
Everyone at my job should be fired.
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:03 AM) Where are you going to in China? Have you ever been here? I'm in Hangzhou, about 1 1/2 hour train ride from Shanghai. I've never been, I'll be in Suzhou and Shanghai the whole time. I'm there for business and will be staying in Pudong.
-
Seriously Ozzie?
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:19 AM) I never said it was right. This is Ozzie. This is what he does. The sad thing is that it works. And what he said is unaccepatble. I don't give a s*** why he did it. It is wrong. Should I go encourage killing babies to get the attention off of showing up late to work? f*** no. If I my subordinate didn't finish a project on time, should I tell the CEO about how If I didn't finish a project on time I'd get piss drunk and wasted and end up in jail. No, I'd get laughed at and fired. Ozzie speak makes sense and I understand it, but when he crosses the line he crosses the line and this comment said by anyone other than Ozzie would get creamed and probably fired. In fact, outside of some of the most respected people in the game, they'd be gone. When you add in the history of antics there is no dobut that this is a fireable offense. It won't happen but
-
Seriously Ozzie?
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:14 AM) It would seem like it, but this works. I'll bet if you listen to talk radio, very little is said about the hitting last night, and they spend a ton of time on Ozzie's statments. There are better ways to get the focus off of your players than by encouraging violence. If he wants to get his attention he should blast about how ownership should fire him or something ridiculous like that which has no impact on the young kids that follow and look up to him. And lets face it, Ozzie is the face of the franchise so to many people he is the spokesman of this franchise and as far as I'm concerned these comments are a slap in the face to a shareholder (i.e. fan).
-
Seriously Ozzie?
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 07:04 AM) The team won't do anything until people start canceling season tickets because of what Ozzie said. Well I'm blogging about it. I'm so damn appalled at this.
-
Seriously Ozzie?
QUOTE (SteveB23 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 06:50 AM) Who cares? The team is playing like crap, not hitting, striking out WAAAAY too much. That's what matters. You know, call me old fashion, but the conduct of the players of the team I root for and everyone associated with it is important. If Ozzie was the CEO of a fortune 500 company, his ass would get canned or in serious trouble for this statement. He continues to make statement after statement and really at this point his comments have gone too far and he makes this organization look bad. I actually like Ozzie as a manager, but the stupid comments he says/does are getting out of control.
-
Grillin'!
Charcoal isn't that bad. You light the stuff a bit before and get great flavor. At my parents we had gas and it works good too, is very convienient and tends to not have the flareups, etc. However, Charcoal gives great flavor and as you learn to use it, it really works awesome. I got a Weber a couple months back and so far it has worked great. I'm still learning on it though.
-
Your ultimate mobile electronic device
I like those ideas Matt, but I'd also like to be able to integrate my phone navigation directly into my car as opposed to needing two separate navigation (I don't actually have nav in my car, but I don't see the need for having two). In addition, I should be able to listen to the radio via my cell phone, opt for satellite radio if I wanted, and be able to stream baseball and football games on my phone if I so choose.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 13, 2010 -> 04:37 PM) Well, I'm at the airport posting on my iPad and the airport WiFi signal is working just dandy! I don't care what you guys say; this is the perfect device for the airport...I have several movies downloaded, some books downloaded, and plenty of battery life to boot! I'm not going to lie, sounds like it would be pretty useful for my 11 and 14 hour flights to and from Shanghai coming up.
-
LOST!!!!
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 06:25 AM) "evil" Michael was motivated by protecting his son. Michael is now dead. So I think he's being genuin. I believe the producers said that Smokie is locked onto either being the smoke or Locke. Sine Jacob's death, he can not take on another bodily form. Well, I dont' recall Michael ever saying that they should go talk to Locke and I think the plan is going to blow up in there face. But it is also the only way to get the original losties back together and my gut instinct tells me we will finally see most of the original cast eventually work together to try and kill flocke.
-
Everyone at my job should be fired.
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 06:40 AM) Honestly I only read the thread title until now. Sattire at its finest!