Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:48 AM) Jason, a lot of how you feel about your network depends on how it works for YOU personally. I had Sprint for years and years and always battled with their customer service reps (who, in my experience, were brutal), and I always struggled to get service in my own house. Granted, I could get service out in the middle of nowhere where no Verizon users could, but not in my own home. I have AT&T now, and I have not had any issues with it. But that probably has everything to do with the fact that AT&T is solid here in Vegas and I get great reception in my place. But who knows, maybe if I lived two blocks over the reception would not be good and I would think AT&T was brutal. As for the phone, well, the iPhone/Blackberry debate is very similar to Mac/PC. I'd say a lot of the debates have a direct impact on what your use is for them. From an email perspective, I really like a blackberry. For everything else (aside from the fact that I'm an anti touch person), the Iphone does better, imo. And you are right on phone networks, I was basing my comments on the annual nationwide surveys that are done which pretty much bashed ATT. ATT has really dropped the boat on there network and focused more on the iphone market than anything else and when Verizon gets the Iphone (and Verizon's network nationwide is the best in the US), ATT is going to take a beat. Sprint on the other hand, has the 2nd best network in the US and some very interesting technology that could jump them to the top (WIMAX) plus the fact that they are going to be the 1st network to be 4G. Sprint does have the s***tiest phone selection though as they have focused more of there attention to the networks as opposed to negotiating phone deals and for long-term business use that might have been a bad idea because they lost a hell of a lot of customers to ATT/Verizon. Verizon has the best Android phones and ATT has the iphone. Sprint basically has the blackberry (which isn't unique), and a few android phones (but not the best one..imo).
  2. QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:47 AM) Why is Jones playing CF not Rios. :@ SMH Jones is the beter Cfer, imo.
  3. The Tea Party movement seems to be growing steam. While it isn't technically tied to the Republican party, it certainly seems that as of now it has rallied up the Republican base and that the Republican party will be making some serious noise come November. Interesting, since most everyone had been dismissing this movement to ignoring it in the main-stream media.
  4. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:16 AM) I really don't think that's accurate. People rip the iPhone, but only because of the carrier that Apple has it's exclusivity agreement with... I am not an iphone person and I rip the fact that it is on the nations s***tiest network ATT. But as a pure phone, if the price was even for everything I probably wouldn't buy an iphone. My carrier doesn't offer the iphone so I have a blackberry which I love. And the reason I wouldn't buy an iphone has nothing to do with the OS and everything to do with the fact that I can't stand having only touch as an option. I like buttons for my texting, etc. One day that might change, but as of now, I'm old fashion with my phones. The Iphone outside of the fact that it has ATT and data plans are expensive through ATT (and Verizon for that matter) compared with the plan I have through Sprint an the non touch is as good of a phone as there possibly could be.
  5. QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 10:57 AM) But the Zune is crap compared to an iPod. That isn't disputed. What I am saying is that everytime a decent new product is made by someone else, it is hailed as the next "iP_____ killer." If Google had manufactured this product, I just think there would be far more praise (yes, people would point out it's shortcomings), but far less vitriol would be spewed. Let's face it, any time a company is wildly successful such as Apple has been over the course of the past 10 years, there is a portion of society that puts forward a disproportionate quantity and degree of undeserved criticism. I think with each new product Apple unveils, that seems to become more and more apparent. Everytime a laptop comes out, I don't hear people saying, this is an Imac killer? Why, because Imac gets completely destroyed when it comes to the market share of laptops within the US and World. When it comes to the iphone they are by far and away the most innovative company out there and the first to really revolutionize things. Everyone else is playing catch-up so clearly it will be referred to as the Iphone killer. Why, because those companies are going after the #1, top dog.
  6. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 10:31 AM) Eh, Tony Pena got beat by a good pitch that was blooped in for a rbi, I wouldn't look too much into that. As far as Jenks, the wildness is obviously a bit concerning but it's not like he was getting hammered out there and lets wait until he gets into a save situation before we decide that he's done as a closer. He's never been good in non save situations and that's something you think Ozzie would have realized by now. Oooh, in no means was I saying Pena made a bad pitch. Most all of the Tribe hits last night were on good pitches or were bloops. But they were still hits and I remember all last season I'd watch a close game go by the way side as the pen folded (the actual result). I think we have a solid pen and I'm not about to say oh god, here we go again. I'm just saying it quickly made me remember last season and how bad our pen was. In terms of Jenks, I think he'll be fine as a closer, I just think his mentality right now isn't that of a closer. He wants to flash all of his pitches and that is great if he's got a full game to work his pitches and get a feel for all of his stuff, but he's a closer, he's got 1 inning and he should be firing his best stuff all of the time.
  7. QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 10:42 AM) So you're going to claim that if this product was made by IBM or Google the reviews by PC owners would be just as critical? I'd flat out tell you that a Zune is crap compared to an IPOD.
  8. By the way Shack, I'm sure Apples are f***ing ridiculously good machines and I'd hope they would be at there price-point. If I had unlimited money I'd probably buy an apple and run it on bootcamp or whatever its called now-a-days so I can run both operating systems. But as of now I don't and I think there are very good PC products out there that do a great job at a lot less of the cost and I'm sure there are plenty of other products with s*** components that will have issues and do a crappy job.
  9. QUOTE (striker @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:45 AM) Nevermind, I read your later post. Yep. And I actually think Phil Rogers (whose been brutal lately) brough up a very good point as to why the hell have the Sox not worked on some of these guys to make it better. I also have a radical opinion that the Sox should use Jenks as a starter. He f***s around way too much in the pen and I think it is because he loves showing off all of his plus pitches. He threw a couple nasty change-ups last night, he has a good fastball that he can get to run, and we all know about his nasty curve. At this point, I think he actually has the make-up to be a real freaking good starter. It'll never happen, but I'd support the move.
  10. QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:48 AM) I would hope that Jones would be the primary starter, but Kotsay has gotten both starts against RHP so far. Carmona is a tough starter and on opening day I think Ozzie wanted to give Kotsay the start with Rios in CF. Ozzie has said that Jones is going to play a lot early on and we will see it, especially against Minny.
  11. QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:38 AM) They use far, far better materials in their machines than most PC manufacturers. They also spend much more on the design and contruction of those machines. Which is why you get such a high quality and build. Maybe I just know people that have had problems, but I have 2 buddies that are huge apple fan boys and they have both had 2 of there harddrives die on them in the past couple years (on machines that were Whether we are talking video cards, hard drives, etc.
  12. http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/artic...reer-leadership I assume you don't need a degree, but I could be wrong. I have a friend who works for UPS and It is about as good of a career as possible for you to go in without having that college degree (benefits, solid pay, etc). Wanted to put that out there since I know there is a good chunk of youth here. And if someone is in college, I'm not telling you to drop out and do this. But I also don't think you necessarily need to go to college. I think the importnat part is that after high school you either go to college and do what you want there or learn a trade and continue to develop and hone a workable craft.
  13. QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 06:50 PM) It's called a deferred liability, first of all. Second of all, they'll pay. Don't worry. And it's not some trick. Third of all, you can thank your Congress for this (without regard to party - but I'm sure it's some evil GOP plot against government and paying off the private sector, because it always is.) Ditto what you say!
  14. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:33 AM) Getting nothing done against their mediocre bullpen was very disconcerting. Letting Teahen face Laffey was disconcerting with a running on 1st in a 1 run game. I was screaming at my TV to make a move to Jones (if you wanted to swing away) or to simply put in Omar Vizquel to bunt and move AJ over. Teahen went on to get ahead in the count, 2-0, and than hit into a double play. Ozzie really disspaointed me becuase this wasn't the only time that I was yelling at my TV for Ozzie to do something, but he didn't. It is early in the seaosn, now is the time to be overly agressive to set the tone to your entire club and Ozzie wasn't. It is probably the only thing that really bugged me about last night's game (outside of the fact that we blew a 3-0 lead with Peavy on the mound...which should amost never happen). I also was bummed that our pen blew a game that was tied (that happened so f***ing much last year).
  15. No, I don't think Ozzie is going to flat platoon Jones and only play him against righties. I think if Jones hits well, he'll be the primary starter who will only sit against tough righties (with Kotsay replacing him). If Jones doesn't hit well, than you'll probably see Kenny make a move for a more permanent fixture.
  16. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:20 AM) I'm not saying AJ has a rocket for an arm, but many of the pitchers give him zero chance Floyd and Garcia will get ran on and it isn't on AJ. But Peavy, Danks, and Buehrle should all do enough to make it at least difficult. And once Hudson replaces Garcia we'd only have Floyd who is a tad bit slow to the mound. Of course Jenks is completely useless at slowing down the oppositions ground game.
  17. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:14 AM) There is already an upper echelon defensive catcher on the team - problem is, he can't hit. I assume you are referring to Castro? He seems solid but I don't know if he calls a great game and is a true complete catcher. And you are right, he can't hit. Or are you talking about your boy Lucy?
  18. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:15 AM) I think that's more so he was that desperate to get out of Carolina. He really wanted to play OLB in a 3-4 system for a while, but he won't obviously get that opportunity in Chicago. This actually happened when he was still in a 4-3 set-up and happy in Carolina. And Peppers 2 sack season (2007) also happened in a 4-3 defense, not with the 3-4. I believe it was lsat season when they made the switch to the 3-4, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
  19. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:18 AM) And you're on the "horrible" Vista. You should really upgrade to 7 as it hogs way fewer resources. I got to take the iPad home last night. The thing that will make it endlessly entertaining is the same reason people like their iPhones or the iPod Touch... the Aps. Each contains 5 or more minutes of entertainment. I did notice the iPad froze a lot, I assume with any new device this will be fixed in future software downloads. Hell, my Palm Pre only recently stopped having any issues and that was after it got the software update to the Palm Pre Plus. I hope you are ready for Palm to go bankrupt, because it is inevitable. They really have been putting out a poor product for a while and with the Android buzz they are going to need some sort of revolutionary new product (or to get acquired) to save them. I'll never bet against Google. I'm also not going to be against Apple either. I might not support it, but they've marketed the hell out of themeslves and have become the cool thing to do. There margins have to be pretty fat too, but I don't know what sort of fixed costs they have and how much they spend marketing, etc vs a PC. Cause I'd have to think the actual cost to building a mac vs a pc aren't too different, even though the prices are significantly different.
  20. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 08:18 AM) And you're on the "horrible" Vista. You should really upgrade to 7 as it hogs way fewer resources. I got to take the iPad home last night. The thing that will make it endlessly entertaining is the same reason people like their iPhones or the iPod Touch... the Aps. Each contains 5 or more minutes of entertainment. I did notice the iPad froze a lot, I assume with any new device this will be fixed in future software downloads. Hell, my Palm Pre only recently stopped having any issues and that was after it got the software update to the Palm Pre Plus. I'm actually on Windows 7 at home, which I love. But I had Vista at my job 2 companies ago and used it every day with no issues. My last company I worked at and the current company I work at now are both still on XP and that op system was really rock solid, imo. 7 is super nice though too. Works great at home. Does everything I could ask of it.
  21. My boy Floyd out there to pitch in the rubber game!!! And this might be a crazy thought, but if I were the Sox, I'd look hard into finding an upper echelon defensive catcher who could START. When you build a team around pitching, it also means you need to have a strong defense and our run-game defense is the worse in baseball (well outside of Boston). That would be a little more acceptable if we had a team that planned on scoring a s***-ton of runs, but when you built your team to win 3-2 games, you can't afford to be handing over 2nd to anyone that gets on 1st.
  22. I've used Macs for work from time to time. I'd be lying if I said I was a mac expert. I consider myself to be well above average on a PC. I'm not quite a computer programmer, but I'm smart enough and technologically illiterate to get things accomplished and that might be why I haven't had significant issues with a PC (because I don't think of stuff as work-arounds, I just know how to get it accomplished). However, when I've used macs I've just never gotten comfortable and that might go back to the fact that I've never had to work on a mac for a month period in a row. Usually if I did, it was for a couple days and away from the mac I went (happily too because I feel completely lost and uncomfortable on them). So again, I might not be the best person to talk to since I haven't used both religiously at any point in time. Well, except when I was a kid. I used to only use a Mac computer for the first few years and than when I switched to PC I was so much happier. But that was so long ago that it doens't really count.
  23. QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 07:32 AM) Well, to be fair, I said it made peoples' computing experience a disaster, not their lives a computing disaster...) Secondly, so because it managed to work and be functional, it was not a complete disaster of a product? Is that the standard that you have come to accept from Microsoft? Is that a reflection on what they have done to PC users that those users are willing to accept something that merely manages to "work" and be "functional"? My PC has done everything I've needed it to do and hasn't stopped me from doing anything I couldn't. There has never been a time where I looked at my computer and said, s***, if only I had a mac I could do this or if only I had a mac I wouldn't have this issue. Never has that ever happened to me. So since that is the case, I can't really justify paying double for a machine that for all intents and purposes to me, will do nothing better for me. And I'm not referring to an Ipad, I'm referring to a Mac compared with a PC.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.