Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Sox re-hire Jerry Krause as consultant
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 10:35 AM) At first I thought it might be a front office spot, and was horrified that we'd lose Beckham and Peavy for Strasburg or something else. But, a scout is fine. I believe Krause actually came from the White Sox organization originally, so I think this could be a good move and a rather intriguing one since Krause will be I assume heavily involved in what is supposed to be an improved latin American scouting effort. I'd like to start seeing some domino's fall and come into our lower and upper levels of the minors (and eventually the majors) over the next couple years. That said, we still aren't spending near enough on the latin players anyway (at leas not compared to the vast majority of the teams in the majors). Albeit, we have spent more than most every team on our Cubans
-
4/5/10 Opening day IGT. White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians
Is it going to rain or anything like that? I wouldn't be opposed to a little delay to enable me to get to the hotel and catch the tail end of the game.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 11:02 PM) A lot will depend on whether they can bring in a guy like Bosh, which will probably hurt Noah's rebounding a little going forward. As for Gibson, is he a 10-10 guy? Yeah possibly, but you look at a guy like Drew Gooden who has bounced around the league so much, I think those 2 are quite similar. Gibson isn't certainly a guy you build a team around and give out decent money too, as you can find quite a lot of those type of PF's in the NBA / draft etc. You can't really compare the two. Gooden is a better scorer, but Gibson is a superior defender (to the fact that he's a very good defender) and a better rebounder.
-
4/5/10 Opening day IGT. White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians
I'm in Texas for work and unable to watch, but you can bet your butt I'll be watching the replay tonight in my hotel room.
-
Does KW now make a play for Cust on the cheap?
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 03:11 AM) http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_leagu...?urn=mlb,231977 Or wait it out the first couple of months of the season, based on the performances of Kotsay and Jones in the spring? Would be an interesting addendum to the Moneyball movie! If the Sox had any interest in a player like Cust, they would have resigned Thome.
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
I don't know if anyone has been paying attention to Bryce Harper's first go round in Juco Ball but the guy is absolutely mashing. This past weekend he was 7-14 with 4 HR's. What is even more impressive is that he is 2 years younger than anyone else in the league and that it is a "wood bat" league. The guy is further cementing himself as the consensus #1 pick ($$$ aside). Harper is also on pace to shatter practically every offensive record in his respected JUCO's conference.
-
2010 AL Central Catch-All
Twins have been talking about trading Ben Revere (Top prospect) for Heath Bell.
-
No wonder why Brian Anderson could never hit...
QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 02:25 PM) There is no comparing the career's of Singleton and Anderson. Singleton atleast played a lot and his numbers blow BA's out of the water. I'm not comparing the careers, just stating that Singleton wasn't some special player. Singleton was a much better player than Anderson but neither were widely recognizable names.
-
ST: White Sox @ Braves, 6:05 CT
QUOTE (longshot7 @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 01:35 PM) I would hope Alex is in center for all 162 and if Jones or Kotsay HAVE to play the field, they're in RF. Alex's defense in CF is better than anyone else's on the team, even Andruw. I don't know. I am not going to say Andruw will handle a full season in CF or hit well enough, but he looks to be in great shape and is moving well. On top of that, Andruw has always gotten tremendous jumps which put his overall speed as less important than a guy who relied on purely great jumps to be a plus defender. I think Andruw is the best defensive CFer we have on this squad. However, over the course of a full season, Rios is better suited to play there (cause I think his body is better suited to hold up over a full-season). But Andruw can DH and will obviously sit against tough righties in favor of Kotsay.
-
ST: White Sox @ Braves, 6:05 CT
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 01:30 PM) Your opening day lineup? I'm ok with that lineup. A bit right handed heavy in the middle but offensively and defensively it should be solid. I'm hoping Teahen has a good year and we can get his bat a little further up in the order as the season goes on.
-
1000 posts for a white sox world series!!!!
- Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
Interesting article in the USA Today recently. My Hawkeyes are just one of 7 programs that have been able to self-support there program costs each of the past 5 years. A total of 14 programs were self-supporting during the 2009 season. I was shocked that Ohio State wasn't one of the 7 programs to be self-supporting in each of the past 5 years. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/201...subsidies_N.htm- No wonder why Brian Anderson could never hit...
QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 12:48 PM) Yeah but he's Brian Anderson. A total nobody. No network would hire him. Singleton wasn't really a big name. He had a couple solid seasons and played good defense. He did spend a short time with the Yankees. If he can make it, I'd have to think a guy like Anderson would have a shot if he wanted to do that.- Most starts per franchise in the '00s
99 out of 150 right. Got killed on Colorado and the Rays. That was tough. After finishing there were more than a few...oooh. Plus I had plenty where I had the name on the tip of my tongue but couldn't get the spelling right or only knew the first name.- Final Standings for AL Central
My MLB predictions are as followed: Giants Cardinals Phillies Braves - WC Cardinals play in the world series Angels Sox Yankees Devil Rays White Sox play and win the world series- White Sox Will Be Champions
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 10:08 AM) Hurray for stating opinion as fact! Yeah, I have big problems with both Heyman and Nightengale and it's funny: I don't feel like a dumbass for holding such opinions. The dumbass portion applied to Rosenthal. But I think Heyman and Nightengale both have a good idea as to what is going on in the game of baseball (ie, rumors, trades, ect). And I think the other people I mentioned also do an excellent job of having a grasp as to what teams are thinking/doing, etc. Not saying you need to agree with there actual opinions or analysis of the trades as those are seperate things but as pure baseball reporters all of those guys have a history of having good connections throughout baseball and have and will continue to break plenty of moves. And yes, I think people that call X reporter a dumbass because they were wrong on a rumor are complete jackasses. Now sometimes a reporter has a history of being an idiot and in those instances, well they are an idiot. I also think stat people state some of there conclusions based upon stats as pure fact too and ignore the non-statistical parts of the game that can also impact the game.- 2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
Elarton is going to pitch out of the pen I take it?- White Sox Will Be Champions
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 2, 2010 -> 05:04 AM) Its amazing how much more solid a baseball writer becomes when they count the White Sox as one of the best. I've read for years on this board that Rosenthal was an idiot. I like Rosenthal's columns, but am concerned about his prediction. It appears his pre-season picks haven't been on the money. Rosenthal is one of the best in the game. Anyone that calls him an idiot is a dumbass. Same with Gammons, Heyman, Olney, Nightengale, and Kurkijan. And yes, there are a lot of people on fan sites that are dumbasses and rip on good sports reporters because they don't say what they want to say or because the rumor that came out didn't turn out to be true. It's ridiculous.- Gloating ~ Who is off today?
I'm working today and flying on Easter Sunday for work.....so take that b****es!!1 LOL.- 2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 10:10 PM) San Quentin is a prison in California that contains all of their Death Row inmates. Ya, its a very cool nickname. Never heard it till today but I think thats what I want to call him.- No wonder why Brian Anderson could never hit...
This might be true. Who knows if the Twitter feed was joking or not.- Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 03:21 PM) Once again proving the Bears arent really sure what they are doing. The quote the Trib had from an NFC scout was pretty telling. It was along the lines of "good, he's one of there best players". The quote was in reference to Brown being cut.- No wonder why Brian Anderson could never hit...
Is this seriously true?- I am engaged...yes thats right
QUOTE (Molto @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 01:10 PM) More importantly, I have to give a freaking speech as the best man for this guy. Could use some help. It should be easy...Madam, you are marrying one grade A jackass. Thanks for taking him off my hands!- Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
It stinks but the Bears are diong the right thing cutting him as opposed to dragging it out. Brown has been a class act and I wish him the very best. He'll be missed, but I have no problem with Anderson taking over the job and given the money the Bears spent I just hope the new money saved goes into Atogowe. - Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread