• Around the Horn
    • Rome is Burning
    • First Take (Morning Show)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
It's impossible to choose between SportsNation, Around the Horn and Rome is Burning. They are all beyond awful and impossible to watch.

+1

ESPN is awful these days. I miss the time when they weren't full of themselves. E60 is such a riot to watch with that camerawork. "Look at us! We're legit because we can pan the camera back and forth and in and out of focus!"

The morning show you were looking for was Cold Pizza bmags. And yes, that was by far the worse (Skip Bayless is the biggest joke on ESPN). But since I don't get up THAT early anymore, I'll go with Around the Horn cause of Mariotti.

PTI is damn good BTW. Only good thing ESPN has going for them.

I like SportsNation because they don't take themselves seriously. The whole show is opinion, fan interaction and craziness. Why not have a bit of fun in the afternoon? Besides, I'd rather see Michelle Beadle discuss sports than Tony Kornheiser.

PTI shouldn't be close to being an option. Best out there IMO

Around the Horn sucks. It was better with Kellerman but just seems like a clusterf*ck. Ditch it and make PTI an hour.

SportsNation won me over with their Karate Kid episode.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
PTI shouldn't be close to being an option. Best out there IMO

Around the Horn sucks. It was better with Kellerman but just seems like a clusterf*ck. Ditch it and make PTI an hour.

SportsNation won me over with their Karate Kid episode.

I'd assume that's pretty much unanimous about PTI.

Agreed on ATH. Reali is actually my favorite person on the show, everyone else is either extremely idiotic or can't talk at all and it's quite frustrating to listen to.

SportsNation is just a fun show imo. Cowherd does piss me off at times but I do like Beadle a lot and it'll usually keep me entertained over the hour.

My answer to the original question in this thread though would definitely be Rome is Burning.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
I'd assume that's pretty much unanimous about PTI.

Agreed on ATH. Reali is actually my favorite person on the show, everyone else is either extremely idiotic or can't talk at all and it's quite frustrating to listen to.

SportsNation is just a fun show imo. Cowherd does piss me off at times but I do like Beadle a lot and it'll usually keep me entertained over the hour.

My answer to the original question in this thread though would definitely be Rome is Burning.

Thank You! When Bob Ryan is on it, it is awful to try and pick the words out from his stuttering sounds. Woody Paige rambles on without getting to a point. I just don't like the show.

To add fuel to the show formerly called "Cold Pizza" today they had a MLB "expert" on discussing Jake Peavy and how he's healthy this year and ready to go, but then she said when he pitched for the White Sox last year it was "mixed results." OK, it was only 3 starts, but he was excellent in all 3 of those starts, it wasn't mixed...

I actually like PTI, but other than that I have zero use for the other shows, all though Sportsnation has actually done some OK segments and the female is cute and I usually check it out to see how she is looking. One thing that is comedy is once in awhile Rome will do a rant on soccer and those are hysterical.

They do broadcast an hour of the Scott Van Pelt show in the afternoon and I do enjoy that as well

I voted First Take because Skip Bayless is the most worthless analyst since Mariotti.

I would have mentioned the Scott Van Pelt Show just for his co-host idiot.

I dislike both especially after the Perfect. Skip Bayless claimed it was nothing special and Van Pelt wasn't there and his co-host didn't mention the perfecto, because no one likes to hear about anything but Brett Favre and Michael Vick.

It needs to be recognized that this selection of like 20 shows can be deduced to 3, 4 at most. I'd hate on SC but sometimes I like watching the highlights, and after all, I do hold a remote control capable of muting Stu Scotts shameful dialogue.

Rome's show may be lame on tv, but it's hella lot less lame than cold pizza/first take/espnnation/ourvieweresaresof***ingstupidthatwhydontwejustairthesameshowwithdifferenthostsZONE. People enjoy this s***? I flip to cartoons or public television while this visual migraine airs...

PTI is fun cause somewhere in that pile you may detect an actual opinion, even if lots of times it's only thrown out there to cause a "reaction".

Honestly, Rome as worst show? Wow. 99% of ESPN programming is more unbearable. Out of that murderers row of a lineup they fling at viewers unmercifully? f***, thats messed up.