Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 13, 2010 -> 08:18 AM) While I do believe he's probably the best player in the NBA, it is not "by a wide margin" when you consider some other comparable star players. Kevin Durant? Kobe Bryant? Carmelo Anthony? You think he is better than those guys by a wide margin? Yes. He can score better than them and on top of it he's the best PG in the entire league. The guy is the best at every position on the floor except center and even than I think he could do it. The guy is ridiculous.
  2. QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2010 -> 09:02 AM) If you get him on your team, you automatically become an NBA title contender. I guarantee that if Chris Bosh is the only player the Bulls sign this offseason, fans will be very disappointed with him in no time. He's from the Carlos Boozer school of no passing and no defense. Bosh makes the Bulls significantly better but he isn't on the same wave length as LBJ. Hell, Wade isn't even near the option LBJ is. Wade isn't as good of a player and the fact that he also has an injury history makes him even worse of an option. Clearly I wouldn't cringe at the thought of either of them, but LBJ >>>> EVERYONE ELSE IN THE NBA.
  3. QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2010 -> 07:40 AM) Agreed, I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading. Completely agree. I'm stunned and speechless. LBJ is the best player in the league by a wide margin.
  4. QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 13, 2010 -> 04:58 AM) 38,000? No 3800. That is worse than peanuts, haha. How could you even live off that. I assume they would provide you with meal allowance plus living expenses, etc and than the 3800 would be the paltry amount for all other expenses?
  5. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 13, 2010 -> 05:41 AM) Go to google and type in "Find Chuck Norris" and click the 'I'm Feeling Lucky' button Hillarious.
  6. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 12, 2010 -> 09:20 PM) http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-sp...,6820249.column What the **** Jerry, what the ****. I think Doug Collins would be a great hire. I'd also be ok with Callislimeball (w/LBJ), Lawrence Frank, or Cheeks. And of course JVG or Phil Jackson.
  7. QUOTE (Cali @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:11 PM) And I hate you.... To be fair though, I hate "downtown" LA. It's the worst downtown in the history of downtowns. Hollywood is really not that interesting I don't think, but some folks find it interesting, all in all Hollywood is pretty dirty, is the best word I could use to describe it. At the very least just take a drive up the sunset strip if you're into rock n roll history and see some of the clubs (Whisky, Roxy, House of Blues/The Riot House) Universal Studios blows, Disneyland, while expensive is waaaaay worth it and Anaheim isn't that far, and if you get on the 5 at like 10am on a weekday it only takes about 45 mins to get there from the Valley. San Diego is NOT a hour away from Los Angeles. Santa Monica is really nice, the pier and promenade are musts. West LA in general is a pretty cool area. Burbank has a lot of studios if that interests you (Warner Bros, Disney, NBC and technically Universal Studios is in Universal City but it's literally right across the street from Warner Bros.) Don't go on the 405. (I have to every morning...it blows) I agree with your assessment. The studios would be cool and you can even opt for a tour of those studios and Sunset is a must see for music history. Doors being the house ban at the Whiskey, etc. Ooh, LA does have a ton of very cool bars though. And San Diego without traffic is about a 2.5 to 3hr drive from LA.
  8. QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:14 PM) The French dip origin is still up in the air. Cole's claims to have 8 years on Philippe's. May have to try both. Ans several of those bars are on the hit list. Not the she-she poser bars, but the serious cocktail destinations. I've been to Phillipes. Haven't been in like 10 years but when I was a kid I remember that place being amazing.
  9. QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:14 PM) I thought it had a lot to do with Viciedo was a butcher at 3B despite Cubano trying to convince us otherwise and the fact that the wsox are so high on Morel. That is what I have always thought and I was ok with the fact that we are moving him because we don't think he can play 3B. But the article specifically mentioned how having Teahen changed where we were going to play him. And that would be a real stupid reason.
  10. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 01:56 PM) I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron dragged it out 3 weeks after July 1, visited with like 8 teams/cities, etc. I just imagine he's that type of person. That's why I'm so insistent that you sign the first player willing to sign. Remember, there is literally like a 2 week smooze window so he could still meet with a few teams without dragging out the process so to speak. I
  11. If I wasn't out in Indy for business, I'd tell you we'd have to catch a game or have a beer together.
  12. And I'm closing this thing down.
  13. QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:51 AM) Thank you....who didn't play the Lovely Ladies in order to earn more money?? Such a great f***ing game.
  14. QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:25 AM) Yumm. Good beef I assume? Anybody ever go to the Stinking Rose out there? Interesting looking garlic themed restaurant. Ya, very good. Here's a link with some reviews. Santa Monica Promenade is a cool place to walk around. http://www.yelp.com/biz/lalas-argentine-grill-los-angeles
  15. QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:25 PM) Yumm. Good beef I assume? Anybody ever go to the Stinking Rose out there? Interesting looking garlic themed restaurant. I almost went last year but went somewhere else instead. I think its supposed to be pretty good, expensive but good.
  16. QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:24 PM) We have the theme parke here, sure, but Disneyland still has some allure as the first one with some history. Probably no time to hit it though. San Diego we might be able to pull off. Anybody have any thoughts on Catalina Island? Mariners are in town to play the Angels while we're there, but probably going to pass due to time constraints. Catalina isn't that great, but than again I might have different interests than you. Kind of a neat place, but to me nothing real special and it gets boring pretty quickly. I've snorkeled there and camped there and from a camping environment it can be a cool place to go. But to just spend a day there given the short period of time you'll have I definitely wouldn't recommend it. If you are in LA, you'll probably want to do Hollywood (even though I personally think it sucks). In general I think you will be dissapointed by LA. It really isn't that great of a city. Albeit there are some nice options for restaurants and the star thing can be interesting. We don't have any real amazing museums or anything like that and nothing super historic to see. San Diego Zoo/Sea World are kind of cool, famous places. I guess the Getty could be a good thing to see if you like art museums. I can't comment too much cause it isn't really something I'm incredibly interested in.
  17. QUOTE (SHIPPS @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:20 PM) This is one of your favorite cities in the world soooo.... Whoa, whoa, I f***ing hate LA.
  18. QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:25 PM) How will Rauch feel about blowing the save today? I hear he feels bad for when he left the park early, so he's going to help the Sox leave the park with a WIN today!
  19. If you want some argentinian food, go to this place called lala's jim. Its real good. I'll write up something more descript for you.
  20. Rios and Paulie will go back to back. But worse case, the Mojo Potatoes will rely on Bacon in the 9th! Cause without Bacon...you don't have good mojo potatoes!
  21. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:06 PM) I think they would...but I doubt they'd consider moving him for Luol Deng, and we're not going to be able to offer up anything else of significant value. Talks have happened in the past, but the Bulls are concerned whether Jefferson is the right fit in an up-tempo offense. I'm not sure if the Twolves are still interested in Deng or if they would need draft picks and something else as well. But the Wolves have had past interest in Deng and appear to have soured on Jefferson as I remember reading that they were open to moving him.
  22. Mojo Potatoes say....lets score with a side of Bacon!
  23. I think the Sox are going to do this. Time for some Mojo Potatoes!!!
  24. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:55 AM) Deng doesn't have the foot work to guard a two. The Bulls do need another sniper for sure, but those aren't that hard to find. With James playing the 4, Deng would stay at the 3. Noah would guard the premiere offensive big and pretty much no team has two bigs of which would pose any match-up issues for the Bulls. In the case they played a big team, Gibson would get more minutes. I'm not saying it is ideal, but it is a definite option.
  25. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:51 AM) Deng is almost necessary to move as he won't have a position if LeBron comes here. The Bulls could be ok. James can easily play the 4 and the Bulls could have a ton of match-up problems. The team would still have a need for an outside shooter off the bench though. I do think Deng would be a good option to move though for a more natural 2 guard or another big man.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.