Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Official NFL Thread
Next week, the Colts will shock the world. Just remember that and this line. "Greg Pratt doesn't ask the water for permission to gently caress it -- he does it anyway, at the barrel of a penis." Best line I've ever heard.
-
Kyle Lohse anyone?
QUOTE(almagest @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 09:51 PM) Yep. As I've said in other threads, though, I don't think its any of our concern as fans to care what the White Sox payroll is, or how much they "save" by not signing a player. That being said, if the Sox are going to give a pitcher close to 10 mil/year, it'd better not be someone like Kyle Lohse. I don't want to go to the Cell next year and pay close to $100 to see him consistently give up 4+ runs over 5 innings. I'd rather go see players who at least have the chance to have an upside. Fantastic post.
-
Rolen and Glaus swap
QUOTE(CT_Sox @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 06:09 PM) or he could end up in SF SF and the Angels would make the most sense for Crede especially SF who are known to like the veterans. The thing with them is they don't have much that we want (they will not give us Lincecum or Cain) and I think KW wants more impact/ready guys instead of spects at this time.
-
2007-08 NBA Thread
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 07:34 PM) John Paxson has no balls, so I'm sure nothing will happen. The only trade he can make is sending Tyson for nothing and swapping Aldridge for Tyrus. 2 losses. Alright, I'll give him a win on Deng and a break even on Curry... Curry could have been a huge win if he just keeps Aldridge. IMO, Tyson's contract was more of a loss. He wasn't worth the $$ he got so moving him alone is a win. I still can't believe that people think Tyson's numbers now were gonna be the ones he would have put up for the Bulls. He just couldn't do it. Not to mention he's now playing for the best young PG in the game (arguably the best PG in the nba not named Nash/Kidd) who makes his teammates better. (Tyson wasn't gonna do a damn thing with Hinrich running the point) The Tyrus pick I loved just cause of his potential, but in some instances, I hated it cause we need lost post help (Tyrus might be miles ahead of LaMarcus in potential, but LaMarcus would have helped us with the little things we needed and would have been a solid player and a better piece to the puzzle than Tyrus) Hell, we might still lose Deng (just take the damn contract mr. injury prone Luol)
-
2007-08 NBA Thread
IMO, This tells me that a. The Tyrus pick was basically a mistake/trade bait, b. Wallace signing was a bust/didn't go to plan. I'm one of Tyrus biggest fans (damn shame that the horrid Hinrich stays but there isn't anyone out there who you can say is an impact PG thats avaliable) but if you get a T-Mac, (despite his legs being 33-35yrs.+) see ya. But I'm hoping it's just Wallace/2nd rounder or Wallace + rounder + Gordon (who makes the most sense to go) We'll see if this is true.
-
Least favorite Sox players
Andy Gonzalez. Congradulations. Action Jackson and Borchard as well.
-
Rolen and Glaus swap
QUOTE(BureauEmployee171 @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 06:29 PM) Heh, if only you knew "why" Rolen didn't like LaRussa. I'm too afraid to state it publicly, though. I may never work in MLB again. And no, it is nothing "obscene" or anything like that - it has to do with another player on the team. Very interesting. How about you PM it to me?
-
Comcast adding WCIU HD (SOXNET)
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 11:02 PM) Except the 10 times a game where they come back late from break and we miss the first pitch or 2 of the inning. I did say "not much"
-
ozzie looking at colon
QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 10:47 PM) I read that the Mets were about to sign him but backed out after looking at medical records. Yikes. Kinda reminds me of our trade for Otsuka for Chris Carter, but us killing the deal cause of his medical report (luckally we turned it into Quentin) I'm not sure KW would do it unless he feels Colon's medical records are worth gambling on.
-
Comcast adding WCIU HD (SOXNET)
QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 10:44 PM) when it comes to this stuff, yes... but my brain is ultra fast when it comes to football (and math) You sure???........ and fixed. But as far as WCIU finally though. I'm in the minority who loves WCIU because I live in the area, it comes out the most clear on screen, and theres not much screwups you see (CSN, ESPN) on the network. But all in all... good.
-
2007-08 NBA Thread
Most people are going to be hearing of four players in the NBA "the most and as far as their positions and consistant game changer" for years. PG-Chris Paul (D-Will a close second) C-Dwight Howard (jury still out on Oden) SG/SF-Lebron James (Wade is there, but injuries are a b****) SF/PF-Kevin Durant (future is damn bright) Game changers. Well... they stick out the most in my mind.
-
Comcast adding WCIU HD (SOXNET)
QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 10:40 PM) I'm a bit slow... I knew it!!!!!!
-
Bodily Fluids and your Fellow Man
Donated blood once a year. (will try to do better) Donated sperm five days a week..... to the toilet.... (again, will try to do better) Most of you old crusty men here should try to donate the hair that falls out. Once you reach 40, it's the beginning of the end anyways.
-
Tigers not a lock for AL Central title
On paper, the sox will be automatic 3rd place favorites if the Twins do indeed trade Santana. (or barring what we do something else) Maybe that should be another BearSox prediction since the Twins would be, basically, in rebuild mode (with Liriano comming off surgery and a nice farm) and will be playing alot of kids and have a ton of ?? in the rotation. IF they trade Johan.
-
Santana to the Mets?
QUOTE(bschmaranz @ Jan 10, 2008 -> 11:43 PM) I couldn't begin to imagine what Santana would be capable of in the NL. It's f***ing scary just to think about. Hopefully the Mets do get him. I love seeing him pitch, but never against us again. Let that be the NL's problem. IMO, the Mets will be instant favorites to go very, very far. I'll say this, more than likely the Twins will have two studs (Guerra, Martinez) that will be damn good in the future and I like Gomez alot (he just needs experience.) Hopefully the Mets get this done one way or another.
-
1986 Birmingham Roster
I respect him in 93', but I completely forgot how horrible (offensively esp.) Officer Karkovice was. Good lord.
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 10:50 PM) It's supposed to be pretty deep defensively from what I know. There you go. Draft a stud that has enormous potential to be a #1 defenseman and BAM.... herpes.
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
Whoever that can be able to watch the game tonight, can you keep some of us posted on whats going on/who won, etc..? I would greatly appreciate it.
-
Soxfest 2008 Jan 25-27 PALMER HOUSE HILTON
QUOTE(max power @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 08:11 PM) He would definitely embarrass pretty much anyone here if they tried to contest their baseball knowledge with him. No, they probably wouldn't cry, but everyone would think them an idiot. I hope one of you dolts asks him some of those questions. Well, part of me hopes you realize you're far outmatched too. You've got to be kidding me. Of course this doesn't surprise me comming from a poster who would actually eat human flesh (young infants at that) before he passes. No offense of course, but I guess it's your opinion of a smart/casual fan's lack of knowledge.
-
2007 Post ASB White Sox Catch-All Thread
Sometimes its the trades you don't make fellas/or get lucky/ which can be good in the long run (he winded up getting released a few days later.) Otsuka was basically a W.Sox till medical reports We basically turned it into Quentin thank goodness.
-
Konerko to the Angels?
Damn the Angels are getting the "not so good" end in these rumor/proposed deals. I've talked to a few of the fans and they already hate Crede (consistantly talking about his horrid .305 career OBP) and want nothing to do with him. (they LOVE Fields though) Who knows about these rumors though (hell yesterday there was a Kong, Crede for Santana, Figgins, Shields, Walden rumor but I didn't bother posting it even though it looks like a more realistic rumor than the Kendrick one) but hopefully it can get resolved one way or another. Crede and Santana is what they call "crap for crap" (which I don't get) so they see it as Kong for Kendrick/Figgins/Shields/Spier/spect/whomever.
-
Gio, Sweeney, DLS
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 05:58 PM) Shelby Not a pitcher. I would say the true stud will be in a few years (read first name on the bottom of mah sig) or unless we draft a pitcher this year with high upside.
-
Music Thread
QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 02:47 AM) In my opinion, no band has fallen further from their height than Metallica, with the possible exception of the Goo Goo Dolls and Aerosmith. Not in terms of popularity or sales, but in terms of my enjoyment of what they do. Metallica was my favorite band by a long shot (bad pun intended ), but that seems like forever ago now. I still listen to their old CDs Critic. I'm not into alot of these newer bands these days. But I know what your saying. They're still awesome though. Oh yea, Lupe Fiasco is the s***. That is all.
-
Konerko to the Angels?
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 11:31 PM) Buehrle. LHP's are just perfect for Safeco Field. That's why Bill Bavasi overpaid for Jarrod Washburn in FA and for Ramirez from Atlanta in a trade. It'd allow them to move Morrow back into the pen for at least 1 more season. IMO, I would say Vazquez as well. I don't think enough people here realize how many teams like him. He could bring in a nice little package if dealt. Of course we won't deal him. I am a Vazquez fan.
-
Thanks to those who run Soxtalk.
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 04:14 PM) I'm a little suprised you didn't bring up Matt Nachreiner though. So am I.. but I guess I'll save you the humiliation. You were way off on that one.