Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. I am now hearing just the D-Backs and BJays making a trade. Miguel Batista and Orlando Hudson for Glaus.
  2. Well everyone (especially the veterans here) knows how I feel about mr .300+ 7-10 hrs 60-80 rbis 15-25+ sb 70-80wlks 50-60ks and so on Reed. He will always be my favorite non w.sox player and I still believe he'll be a good (semi-great) player for a long time.
  3. Happy birthday "kid"
  4. Yea I was with my grandmother when I heard this. Dungy is very faithful. He'll get his family pass this. Prayers go out to the Dungy family. I will never understand anyone who does suicide though. Can your life be that messed up to take your OWN life? I know I shouldn't get into that or why he did it so I'll just keep quiet. I just wanted to throw that out there.
  5. It's sad cause I still believe Cotts can be a very good starter for years to come but we have so many starters that the bullpen will probably be his future job even though thats not bad at all. There are some lefties available but I don't mind someone in our system or just Cotts being the only lefty. I believe LAA didn't have one lefty in their bullpen throughout the season or the playoffs so that's how much they think about their bullpen when they have some great studs down there who are nasty against any lefty or righty.
  6. I might say # 20 when/ if Garland is gone.
  7. I'm sure it's a f***ed up thanksgiving for Rowand. Just won the WS and to get traded from a team you've known all your life a day before thanksgiving won't get ya in the mood for turkey I'll tell you that.
  8. To this day, I have still not been the same since we won the World Series.
  9. I have mixed feelings about it. Boy do we have flexability though considering teams like Florida need young OF'ers and we have a ton of them. Of course some can be dealt better than others.
  10. QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Nov 24, 2005 -> 04:58 PM) Gathright is fast, but that is it offensively. He won't hit above .300 in the majors, no power, poor plate discipline (39 K, 10 BB in 203 at bats.) Jerry Owens is a gonna be a better player b/c of his plate discpline. We don't need guys with speed just for the sake of having speed. I agree with you to some extent. I do believe Gathright will hit .300. I'm not saying .320+ but .305 or so is not out of the question. (hell he hit .276 which isn't bad in 200+ abs) I know he hit .300+ in the minors which doesn't mean he'll do the same in the majors but he does not strikeout much or walk so you know he'll put the ball in play. I still like Gooch in the 2 hole. I don't know why people here are riding him off tryin to move him down. I would put Gathright down maybe 8th or 9th in the line-up kinda like they were doing to Willie this past season. They can us his speed more to distract the pitchers down in the line-up more like Pods was doin so he can set-up the top of the order. (gives Pods, Gooch, Thome more RBI chances) I'm alittle lost right now cause I just found out yesterday comming home from work about the Rowand trade and how I think it's f*** up they announce this before thanksgiving.. but that's just me.
  11. Roger said his mother did say that and us and his team would be in the world series. It was odd because she told him to pitch for her and the score would be 12-1 or something like that. Whats f***ed up is that was the actual score in that game.
  12. If I were a Cards fan I'd stay too knowing that Busch stadium won't be around next season and it holds alot of baseball memories there.
  13. I'm actually happy for Biggio and Bagwell at least getting a shot in the W.S. Those two deserve it. They aren't getting a ring though
  14. If you are the original JoeBatterz you are a deceiving new. I've been on this site for a long time so I followed THE joebatterz post of old. Hell the date I joined is deceiving.
  15. QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 08:20 PM) Crede is by far the best at it when it comes to homers. When he knows its gone, he puts his head down and runs the bases. Naw I would say Podsednik
  16. Did any sox fans here get pissed when our fellow sox player Carlos Lee did it? Just wondering.
  17. God we are winning this. I can f***ing feel it!
  18. I have my opinions on why I don't like this policy one bit, but on the other hand, maybe thats why I respected Jordan so much cause not only did he go to college to enhance his knowledge, but he always looked professional.
  19. Girardi is a good person. The only yankee that I remember staying around giving autograpghs for the fans. Class act.
  20. Man I just wish Kong wasn't so slow. Who knows how many infield hits this man has gotten taken away from him. If he had Pods/Willie's speed he would be hitting .300+ every year because of those infield hits that goes as outs for him. Poor.. poor.. Konerko.
  21. SoxAce replied to Brian's topic in The Diamond Club
    QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 10:33 PM) I see SoxAce in here!! Hey buddy! Long time no see. Whats up Addy. I only have the weekend and alittle bit of Monday (my computer still isn't hooked up yet; I'm waiting for the anti-virus) but it's good to be on soxtalk again.
  22. SoxAce replied to Brian's topic in The Diamond Club
    QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 10:18 PM) People b**** about small market teams all the time. About how teams like Pittsburg have no shot at winning, and they're always crying poor. Want to know why they lose? Because they make stupid decisions, like not protecting Chris Shelton on your 40-man roster. The kid had a .962 OPS in the minors, and they don't protect him. And now he's in our division. And man, it looks like he can rake. The Pirates organization is "retarted" anyways. How the hell can you trade a talent like Ramirez and get absolute garbage players (B. Hill was pretty decent but not a star) and also trade tons of other great talent is beyond me. Thank god they got a O. Perez cause Giles was their only ticket they didn't screw up for a hot commodity.
  23. Harden and Street are hands down better than anyone on that list anyway.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.