Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. "He’s currently pitching in the instructional league down in Arizona and there’s some video of Kopech, who appears to have a new delivery. It looks like Kopech has a similar delivery to Jake Arrieta and Yu Darvish, who both don’t have a full windup even when there are no runners on base. You can see that in the first video, where Kopech only takes a slight step before delivery a pitch." I noticed it, but thought their was a runner on base in the first video. Interesting.
  2. That.. and before he was "Cooper'd".
  3. He is definitely a hot dog.
  4. He was already at 97-100. It would be insane if he actually threw even harder than that. I think the highest I've seen him throw in a game was 101 (although I've heard him hit 102 in Boston's system).
  5. That is a great deal for DeBrincat. Strome should be next.
  6. His defensive numbers sucked at Wrigley too. Dude is just a terrible defensive player.
  7. Avi Garcia 2 run homer too by the way.
  8. Ex Cleveland Indian Yandy Diaz has 2 solo homeruns. Rays up 4-0 right now.
  9. Vizquel was one of the more aggressive managers in the Southern league as far as running/stealing with his players (sometimes to a fault). He does alot of dumb bunting, but it's not nearly on Ricky's level. I'll guarantee Anderson, Robert, Madrigal, Moncada, etc. all will have 20+ SBs under him, barring injuries.
  10. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-chicago-bulls-neil-funk-retire-20191002-eemeyjeemrhgtgc2jfmia3pola-story.html
  11. He said since Lovie which is probably the last good coach the Bears have had. The fact Nagy already has more wins than the other two in barely a year and a month of coaching is very telling.
  12. Fathom has long been on the trade Madrigal bandwagon and I don't believe he has 0 issue at all giving up Cease for the right package FYI.
  13. Gotta feel for the kid.
  14. Wow.. Trent Grisham might've just ended the Brewers season.
  15. This is sad and hilarious at the same time.
  16. I'll give you that as his xwOBA is identical to Tim Anderson. Timmy had a higher BABIP as well although Timmy's hard hit % was about 2% higher. But again though... sample size with Dom. We really don't know what he is at this point. I am definitely not giving up a high end spect for him btw.
  17. Grandal is such a stud.
  18. SoxAce replied to Buehrle>Wood's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    He's definitely soft, but that won't deter me from giving him what he wants.
  19. Annnnd it's gone. Wendell Carter Jr. and Daniel Gafford suffered injuries in first day of camp.
  20. I wonder what the Mets would want for Dominic Smith. Was a former top spect for them and was considered the future at 1B before Pete Alonso destroyed the minors and majors and took his job. I can't imagine them playing him at LF, especially with his foot issues. Fangraphs had a good article about him finally starting to figure it out back in June before he got injured. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/dominic-smith-is-hitting-himself-out-of-a-pinch/
  21. That rainout screwed the Sox. I fully believe if that goes 5, Tigers probably would've won and we'd be picking 10th. But hey... we can thank Ricky for playing guys like Castillo so much down the stretch that he had enough big hits to effect games.
  22. Yea I was just about to edit my post.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.