Everything posted by SoxAce
-
It's about that time of the year again...
QUOTE (beautox @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 05:40 PM) #roadtocameron I prefer Matuella.
-
8/23 at Yankees
Sanchez with a double.
-
Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham
Haha. Q may be a young pup, but when he targets you, your done. Oh and historically, Sanchez has more power from the right side. This is one of those outliner seasons where he has had a power surge/maturing into his body.
-
White Sox at Yankees
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 10:03 PM) He gets a pass until he gets a team that should win. I mentioned it before, according to Soxtalk, the LF sucks, the CF is good but is always hurt, the RF sucks, the 3B might be OK, the SS needs to be traded, the 2B is awful, the 1B is awesome, the C sucks, the DHs and bench need to go away. The bullpen is awful, and at least 40% of the rotation is garbage. Only green sox could manage this team to 130 wins. I don't think I've heard anyone here say Avisail Garcia sucks. (yet) I agree with you to an extent though.
-
Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham
Love to see Sanchez getting a chance. I may be a bit biased as he's probably the best hitter for average out of the three and he's nearly two years younger but I've liked him since I saw him turn a 100 mph fastball for a double in the futures game. Just a pure hitter.
-
Game Thread- Orioles @ Sox 7:10 PM CT
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 09:16 PM) Where the hell did Putnam even come from? He's been great this season He's finally been given a chance. He's been great with us. Even Cubs fans are shocked how good he's been.
-
Game Thread- Orioles @ Sox 7:10 PM CT
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 09:24 PM) Jackson wasn't traded because of performance. He was traded because he was about to become a free agent. I still believe he was bit of a head case om the mound though. Pretty much the black Javy Vasquez.
-
Game Thread- Orioles @ Sox 7:10 PM CT
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 08:38 PM) What a horrible thing to say. And EJax was pretty decent with the Sox so I am going with Vazquez. Neither are bad choices. I agree with Jackson though. Javy did pitch here for 3 years. Jackson was pretty much one and done.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 07:19 AM) Between all the bad stuff off the field, the way players are used and abused by teams, suddenly a talented kid shows a little bit of attitude and he is treated like the devil. The modern day Jim McMahon.
-
Orioles vs White Sox game thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 10:07 PM) Well this is another step closer to that great draft pick, right? The road to Matuella/Aiken? Idk someone else can come up with the clever catch theme for that.
-
Orioles vs White Sox game thread
Cleto 98-99 tonight. If he can ever harness his control, he might make a terrific closer.
-
Orioles vs White Sox game thread
Cleto is at least fun to watch. Young, fastball reaches triple digits, and is unpredictable to watch pitch.
-
Orioles vs White Sox game thread
Lol wow. Lindstrom is getting touched up. You can replace diarrhea with solid crap, but it's still s***.
-
Orioles vs White Sox game thread
OT: but the Little League Team from Chicago won tonight. Great for those kids.
-
LLWS Thread
Nice to see those chicago kids avoid elimination and advance to fight another day.
-
Orioles vs White Sox game thread
I'll say it again.. god I missed you Avi.
-
8/18 Games
QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 08:56 PM) With so many interesting hitters in Charlotte, they give the ML at bats to Danks. It would be nice to see if any of them can hit ML pitching, but some will likely be given away after the season. Danks has been red hot since his recall and is finally getting consistent ABs in the ML level. I have no issues with him getting the at bats when most of the interesting prospects are all in the infield. Now if you want to argue Beckham and Dunn then go right ahead. But it's not like he's going to be taking at bats away from Eaton when he comes back and Avi is our RF for a while.
-
Orioles vs White Sox game thread
Sale.. 6 IP 8 H 3 R 3 ER 2 BB 8 SO. And this is without his best location. Just the everyday Ace s***.
-
8/18 Games
Knights pouring it on now. They just put up a 7 spot in the 7th inning.
-
Orioles vs White Sox game thread
Damn that ball was killed. Sale isn't locating well tonight.
-
Orioles vs White Sox game thread
Avi just hustling down that line. Almost beat it out. God I missed him.
-
8/18 Games
Everyone in the Knights lineup has at least one hit tonight. That lineup is fun to keep an eye on and this is with Phegley and Micah out of it.
-
Orioles vs White Sox game thread
Kinda wanna see Hawk get a bucket of ice water dumped on him tomorrow... too bad I have to work.
-
Official NHL 2014-15 Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 10:49 AM) Sounds like he is just gonna be insurance down in Rockford, Raanta will still be the backup in Chicago That's good for Rockford. He is an outstanding AHL goalie. Probably insurance in case Crawford gets injured and Raanta flops as well.
-
Official NHL 2014-15 Thread
Hawks sign an old friend..