Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. SoxAce replied to RockRaines's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 01:56 AM) Second, I feel like the only other obvious choice is naming him Rock Raines. That's what I was thinking as well. Or at least Raines' first name Timothy. (Tim) Maybe Frank as the middle name.
  2. Not a bad thought, especially with Frank being elected in the hall of fame and all. (as well as Paulie's last hurrah and Abreu being the biggest international signing we've had in our franchise)
  3. I must be out of loop about Bagwell. Other than being Ken Caminiti's good friend and teammate who he trained with at times in the off-seasons (although Ken himself said he used him when he got to San Diego and his numbers spiked in SD and also the state of Texas being a gold mine with PEDs back in the day so even Biggio has been questioned), I can't find a report or even strong allegations that he took roids. Hell, even his body change doesn't seem to be drastic at all. He's the one player I am stumped about the accusations, other than those. His numbers didn't take a "trajectory arc down", which you normally see when a player is taking them as he ages (or is that when he's clean?). Now, he might of used them in 95 back when he first started weight lifting, but that doesn't explain his 94 year when he wasn't quite as big yet. http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/...r-jeff-bagwell/ http://www.examiner.com/article/jeff-bagwe...-steroid-rumors http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2010/12/29/j...t-use-steroids/ http://www.jeffpearlman.com/the-blinders-o...-andy-deshaies/ Here's his interview a few years ago addressing it. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hof11/columns/story?id=5963276 Again, not saying he did or didn't cause even I have my doubts but it's odd... seems as of now (and I say that because MLB is still not releasing full names), he's a victim of the assumption.
  4. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Under the radar first ballot unfortunately, thanks to the two Brave pitchers.
  5. My favorite white sox player of all time. My second favorite player ever next to Griffey Jr. I nearly teared up when I heard this.
  6. QUOTE (RibbieRubarb @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 10:06 AM) Considering the Steroid or PED era could traced back as early as 1986. He shouldn't be voting for Morris either based on his criteria. BTW...Nice to be back. Wow.. nice to see you again Ribbie.
  7. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Die thread! Die!
  8. Handzus and Hossa named to Slovakia. (both will wear the A in the Olympics) Sweden just announced their roster now. Hjalmarsson, Oduya and Kruger named to Team Sweden.
  9. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 04:50 AM) LOL sources As Row pointed out, they offered him an extension just last week. They wanted to keep him, but Luol thought he was worth Josh Smith money, actually more. That sealed his fate. Like I said, that was not too long ago Bulls were in on keeping him. Two weeks later, things changed. Still better than any rumor/prediction you've ever said on this site.
  10. Outstanding trade. Apparently the Bulls were doing some postering to try and nab more. Can't say it didn't work. Glad they changed their chance, although not being serious with an offer might of made this not surprising.
  11. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 01:15 PM) Dinner with GarPax? Not telling. But if there's news to report, I will make sure I give my interview to Flapship right away.
  12. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 01:04 PM) The Bulls’ game-plan for the immediate future is coming into focus. League sources with knowledge of Chicago’s plans say that they’ll definitely be looking to deal Luol Deng before the Feb. 20 trading deadline. Deng is a free agent this summer and the Bulls don’t want to pay him anything close to top dollar. The second part of their house-cleaning: They intend on using their amnesty move this coming summer to part ways with Carlos Boozer. Boozer is scheduled to make $16.8 million next season. As we reported earlier, Derrick Rose has caught wind of the plans and is none too thrilled about being part of a rebuilding project. Tom Thibodeau won’t be very happy with it, either. http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1566399 No time like the present, Bulls... Unless the Bulls FO suddenly changed their minds from the past week or two from whom I've talked to, I'm not buying this B.S.
  13. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:35 AM) Ha, not sure what happened. Meant to say that I don't believe the Sox are in a position to be trading away young resources like this in any form. They need to be stockpiling those. This is the kind of move you make when you are trying to put the team over the top, not to merely add a piece. Plus, I really don't like how high they'd be buying on Castro either. I just don't think it makes sense. Agreed 100%.
  14. SoxAce replied to Rowand44's topic in SLaM
    Thank god I'm off. But.. I literally have no food at home (no grocery shopping) to truly be a bum. Decisions...
  15. QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 2, 2014 -> 05:50 PM) Depends if you mean in terms of contract they actually signed, because I'd take Mike Trout and his contract over anyone in baseball, by a large margin. He has been worth almost $100M in his first two years. LOL, insane. Meh, you'd start with Longoria first as far as hitters.
  16. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 3, 2014 -> 08:41 AM) Of course, the last pitcher the Sox drafted in the first round before Sale was Poreda, so who knows if they know what they're actually doing there and in the developmental portion of the minors. Scouting staff was still a bit different back then. I believe the whole "agenda" of change from their usual philosophy was the draft two years later with the Mitchell selection (although some would argue which the top 10 pick, Beckham selection a year before) not to mention the hiring of some new scouts/firing of a few/switching locations of other scouts/etc. In fact, the scout who recommended Poreda was technically "demoted" from scouting more of the Eastern states.
  17. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Very... *probably my last post in this thread for 2013 as well.*
  18. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Obviously not talking about the poster Nuke right Greg? (damn ptatc screws up again)
  19. Still the greatest ever. Shame it had to end that way for him, but karma is a b****.
  20. QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Dec 26, 2013 -> 08:01 AM) I agree, and when teams are winning, teammates become much easier to put up with I suppose. I've had Don Cooper's quote at the top of my sig (well.. sigs.. as I've had a few, but his quote has always stayed... as well as Oizo ) since 2005. Every year the chemistry thing comes up and every year it usually gets squashed.
  21. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Hope New Years Eve turns out this good, weather wise.
  22. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 28, 2013 -> 06:36 AM) Forte and Marshall to Pro Bowl. Alshon Jeffrey snubbed.
  23. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    X-Ray on my wrist was negative yesterday morning, thank god.
  24. 212 cologne for men. (Eau De Toilette) It's money for me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.