Sox vs Twins April 3 game thread

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jhonnydanks @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 09:22 AM)
I'd say a delayed start time by an hour with a window to play in the 2-5 range. Wishful thinking as I'd like to take full advantage of the open bar.

don't stop get it get it.

QUOTE (jhonnydanks @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 09:22 AM)
I'd say a delayed start time by an hour with a window to play in the 2-5 range. Wishful thinking as I'd like to take full advantage of the open bar.

Just looked, and that's exactly what it says on weather.com (about the 2pm window; nothing about drinking your face off).

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 09:12 AM)
Eaton 8, Semien 5, Abreu 3, Dunn DH, Garcia 9, De Aza 7, Ramirez 6, Flowers 2, L. Garcia 4. Quintana 1

I guess Gillaspie still under the weather.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
If the game gets cancelled, it's a two-game sweep.

It won't be cancelled. It may get postponed, but it won't be cancelled.

Postponed--game will be made up

Cancelled--game will not be made up

Rongey makes this mistake, and it drives me nuts.

Sorry, I had to vent there.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 10:12 AM)
Eaton 8, Semien 5, Abreu 3, Dunn DH, Garcia 9, De Aza 7, Ramirez 6, Flowers 2, L. Garcia 4. Quintana 1

Why the f*** is Dayan Viciedo on the White Sox if he's never going to play vs RHP? Just deal him then.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 10:31 AM)
It won't be cancelled. It may get postponed, but it won't be cancelled.

Postponed--game will be made up

Cancelled--game will not be made up

Rongey makes this mistake, and it drives me nuts.

Sorry, I had to vent there.

Given these two teams' likely finish in the standings, there is always a small, small chance that it never gets made up.

Would love to hear one good reason why Tyler Flowers is starting again. Also, happy Ventura isn't overreacting and moving Semien out of the 2 spot. It's where he belongs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 10:53 AM)
The radar seems to indicate the rain should be gone by gametime. Maybe a slight delay to get the field ready.

I agree. Looks when they start, there won't be a delay. The 75 people there should be commended.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 10:55 AM)
Would love to hear one good reason why Tyler Flowers is starting again. Also, happy Ventura isn't overreacting and moving Semien out of the 2 spot. It's where he belongs.

So moving Semien out of the 2 spot would be overreacting, but starting Flowers 3 games in a row because he hasn't played well the first 2 shouldn't happen?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
Why the f*** is Dayan Viciedo on the White Sox if he's never going to play vs RHP? Just deal him then.

I really think the plan is just start ADA 5 days a week, boost up his trade value, then trade him at the deadline. You're gonna get a lot more value for a full time player vs platooning the 2 and trying to trade one. Zero problem with this if that's the case.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 11:05 AM)
So moving Semien out of the 2 spot would be overreacting, but starting Flowers 3 games in a row because he hasn't played well the first 2 shouldn't happen?

Semien and Nieto are supposed to be the future here, Flowers is more than likely playing for a contract elsewhere.