Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Happy Birthday SHIPPS!
I you Jiff. (yea I went there) Happy B-Day you sexy piece of ass. :cheers
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 09:55 PM) Jameer Nelson cost us this game tonight, 2 blown lay-ups and numerous TO's. He hasn't been 100% since he had the knee surgery and needs to have some time off. Nice effort to fight back in the 2nd and the 3rd Q's though I guess. He was just terrible down the stretch. Then again.. I expected a Cavs win all along. I knew Lebron was crazy good, but man did he murder you guys down the stretch. Unless the Celtics find the fountain of youth, and the Magic gives Dwight the ball more, this will probably be a Cavs-Lakers finals.
-
Frank Thomas retires
QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 06:56 PM) Awwww mannnnn... This is the man who should have broken Aaron's record. NOT Baroid. See you in Cooperstown, Big Hurt. Ditto. (though Griffey Jr. should have broke it too) I'm still pissed that Giambi stole his MVP in 2000 more so. Imagine if Frank wasn't robbed from freak injuries. My lord his numbers would have been incredible. I'm glad he got his ring though. To the greatest right handed hitter Ted Williams has ever seen.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 04:59 PM) Heyman says "the Tigers' offer may actually be a bit north of $14 million over 2 years, but damon still may prefer 1 yr. chisox, braves also trying" Looks like I was right if thats true, and honestly.. it makes the most sense for Damon. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 05:32 PM) I take it Aj and Damon are really tight? Yea they are good friends. I caught what A.J. said on CTL. He and Damon both are neighbors in Florida, not to mention kinda grew up playing baseball. (I believe they both went to the same H.S. and played high school baseball together) He also heard the Damon rumors (though that might have been from Kaplan telling him too), and is definitely on board. Says he would love to have him, good friend of his, also said it would be good to have him at the top of the order for Becks, Quentin and Konerko to drive him in. Then after that.. alot of Gator/Meyer talk..
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 04:31 PM) http://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/8980407917 looks like he'll end up a Tiger after all. Figured as much.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
Some of that could be deferred and such. As Mike said, perhaps Damon feels he can get more in FA next season and he could sign a one year deal instead. If I was Damon however, I would have a better shot going to the postseason with the Sox than you would with the Tigers, even though the Tigers are a solid team. I just think it'll probably go down to the Twins and our Sox as far as this division. Hopefully he feels the same way. (though the tigers can definitely surprise)
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 03:45 PM) How the hell wouldn't Damon fit Guillen's lineup. He does a lot of things that Ozzie wants from his hitters. Son is about as dumb as his father in baseball decisions. Luckally, at least Ozzie knows the game. If this means Andruw Jones sucks it up in ST, we can outright release him.
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 02:24 PM) My philosophy on this topic is that you shouldn't be friends with a woman, at all. Woman are just as afraid of commitment as we are. They just won't admit it. Especially college age women. When I was single (so long ago), I had no desire to just be friends with any woman. Like I've said before, the odds are in our favor. If you are at least a decent guy, you are like a left handed pitcher with good control and can get guys out. Woman outnumber us dramatically. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, I'm just being general here...we all need to be men. It seems that men born over the last 35 years don't know how to be men. A woman wants a man, if you're not a man, she will control every aspect of whatever relationship you may be in with her. There's no need to fear rejection, go for what you want. If she is not interested or on the same page, move on. Always be on the same page with a woman, or you will not be happy. But, by all means, do not let a woman control you. She's the one who should fear losing a decent guy. I'm not saying any woman is replaceable, but if she isn't "the one," then she is. I personally couldn't just be friends with someone I was attracted to. It's not cool. Now, if you are in a "friends with benefits" situation, enjoy the ride. As long as that is what you want. I've been happily married to a woman for 5 1/2 years, we treat each other as equals and partners and we wanted the same thing out of life. Probably the only thing I don't agree with from your post. The rest is spot on however.
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (DirtySox @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 03:08 PM) White Sox in too? http://twitter.com/JimBowdenXMFOX/status/8977380156 Looks like sox management is finally getting their head out of their ass with the rotating DH, especially when you can do it with a much better hitter in Damon than Kotsay/Jones.
-
Dye says "crowded outfield" prolonged his slump
Soxmachine pretty much sums it up perfectly..
-
i am drunk
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 11:13 AM) Is it badd when I'm buzzed, on the way to being drunk, before lunch time? For the record, your gettin robbed this year for the best drunk poster. More of a reason why I'm not a fan of the awards. I did vote for you too J4L. 2009 was definitely your year.
-
Why isn't Ricky Henderson ever in Steroid talk?
Canseco mentioned a player that is in the hall of fame right now (span of 3-5 years ago.. who knows) that has taken PEDs. There was actually a thread on it (as on many boards) with speculated names and Rickeys name was brought up the most. Canseco (I think 2 days later) said publicly, it was not Rickey however.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Noah was bad enough losing, but Rose and the Bulls still can give any top teams fits. Game would have been alot closer if Rose didn't get hurt. Hopefully it isn't serious or lingering or else as Mike said... we might as well look to the lottery and/or pray a top tier FA sees something he likes here. You can see how much the Bulls suck w/o him. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 10:48 PM) Orlando vs. Cleveland should be a fun game to watch tomorrow. That is very good test for you guys. Also nice to win in a blowout to rest the big boys to face IMO, the best team in the league. (especially with Kobe hurt for the Lakers)
-
Insanity
Insanity workout It's pretty much exactly like P90X. Only your not spending money on pull up bars, yoga mats, weights, etc.. your using your only body as the weight and your also plateauing in 60 days. Same with the nutrition plan, etc.. Pretty incredible workout I'm looking at, not to mention saving a lot of money.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 03:45 PM) probably because his name is easier to spell than Ndamukong Suh. You kiss your mother with that mouth?
-
Workout Tips & Tricks
QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 03:26 PM) I've heard that to gain muscle size the best way is to do your 1st set at 10 reps, add 5 lbs do the 2nd at 8 reps, and add 5 lbs again and do the 3rd at 6 reps. Make the last set to failure. This way you're telling your muscles that they need to grow. I've been doing this for about 3 weeks now and I've already seen a difference in size and strength. I think I'll be sticking with this workout technique. What if you only have dumb-bells and no weights? Highest amount of weight I got is 10 lbs. I usually do pushups (usually a couple sets) then up it by 10 every 2 weeks.
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 12:57 PM) Girls really, really like it when you make them feel sexy and give them positive attention (not to the point of being a "simp" or looking like a p**** though... it's a general rule that doesn't have that many exceptions). If you can pull this off you can get away with saying pretty much anything (within reason). "So when you gonna let me hit it?"
-
Help me get myself correct
QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 08:10 PM) Nice work man. Keep it up. Maybe when you become a real man you can come into the P90X thread... Or... if I ever get a job again.. Believe me I wanted to do it since the beginning... but I'm too broke to afford it.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
I would say the Indiana coach cost them the game. How he didn't put in T.J. Ford and Troy Murphy down the stretch when they were torching the Bulls all game is beyond me.
-
Help me get myself correct
Started working out 3 weeks ago. I've done alittle of Flash's idea which helped and alittle of my own. So far... even the family has seen results. Gonna do one more month before I show off.
-
Free Agent Tracker
QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 02:16 PM) Crasnick just tweeted the Twins signed Jacque Jones to a minor league deal. http://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/8868404219 If the Twins would smart, they would call him up when Freddy Garcia pitches.
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 02:10 PM) why doesnt a girl just write that book and be a billionaire then? Because they dont even know what the f*** they are thinking. Because even if she/they wrote the book, men would still never understand it. Thats just the way of life.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
Quiet Falapse.
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (soxman352000 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 01:57 PM) I'm hoping it is. I'm just really confused right now about what she's thinking. If any man knew what a girl was thinking, he'd write a book and be a billionaire by now.
-
How well do you remember the 2005 roster
24/25