Everything posted by fathom
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Well, I looked up their heights: Manny is 6'3", Yonder is 6'1" and Jay is 5'11"
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
This....is good
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
You positive that's not Jon Jay?
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I will say it's definitely not a DR Team WBC hat.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
We sure that's even Manny?
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Lots of rumors going around that Astros might be in on Harper, and then there's this story about the Yankees/Dodgers/Cubs with Bryce: https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/philadelphia-insider-jim-salisbury-confident-cubs-are-still-bryce-harper-sweepstakes
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
This is from the Philly fan who got the Segura trade right (even if it was rumored on reddit prior to being announced):
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
They foulked that trade up
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Damn diminished-skills clause
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Mr. September
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Second movie role for you after Bellas super fan in Pitch Perfect 3
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
WSD with his latest blog on LozanoGate
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Nah, it would be because no one gave him a good enough offer and the Yanks were able to come close to matching his best offer.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Still reports out that they want one more starting pitcher option. I'm not saying Gray signifies that they're going after Kluber, more that the wheels seem to be in motion for them to execute whatever plans they have.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
If he comes in and is a pain in the ass or struggles? I would also imagine Manny would want the first 3 years to be very high AAV.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
btw, Yanks seem to be close to trading Sonny Gray and a reliever (Kahnle and/or Holder). Got to hope this isn't all setting up for them to trade Andujar for Kluber.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Good find, and something that makes a lot of sense.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Where it gets fascinating is how many other players besides Manny and Harper are in limbo waiting for their decisions. Guys like Pollock and Moustakas should wait until they decide to make teams more desperate.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Also notice the lack of any tweets relating to his contract today? Feels like it's going to be a while.
-
Yankees sign Adam Ottavino: 3yr/27m
I'm also not sure how long he'll hold up. He's definitely fun to watch, but he's already had one major injury and he has some interesting mechanics.
-
Yankees sign Adam Ottavino: 3yr/27m
I don't disagree with them choosing not to
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I read that Lozano article on Deadspin again, and this paragraph is quite interesting: "He'd do this one thing all the time," a former co-worker recalls. "Say he'd get an offer of a million. He'd go back to his player and tell him they'd been offered $800,000, but that was way too low and he'd do what he can. He'd wait a few days, accept the original offer, then tell his player: ‘I talked them up to a million. See how I fight for you? See how I fight for you?'
-
Is anyone else embarrassed and somewhat worried about the lengths White Sox going to get Machado?
2018 was definitely challenging, but one thing it did was illustrate the need for some star-power from outside the organization. Thus, why Manny makes sooooo much sense.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I've believed all offseason that Olney and Levine have the same source
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Which is why 7/175 just makes no sense as being accurate