Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. The next 200 PA will determine if he has any value to anybody, including the Sox.
  2. dogpile time! He confessed in a personal message to me that he has a macro on his gaming keyboard and he only had to hit F2 for that post to come out. [this may or may not be true]
  3. Took a few more walks from Jose but as a classic low average high slugging corner guy. He was a bit before my time as well I think I only know him through RBI baseball.
  4. I think his new normal is 250/290/500. He's selling out for power. Classic aging slugger profile. That's like a 110 wRC+ and a 1 WAR DH/1B. Sorry Jose, gotta move on in 2020 bud.
  5. Jose Abreu is turning into Dave Kingman, isn't he?
  6. Fair enough. I don't really have a dog in the fight. Colome is an decent closer but he's not elite and only the elite ones really get much at the deadline.
  7. it's a shit move to come in and pile on but FFS I'm sick of people with shitty arguments online getting butthurt when someone with a better argument calls them out. Someone was using RBI to value Jose Abreu and it's just as dumb to use blown saves or saves for Colome. Disinfo and misinfo is ripe online, it's time to push back against bad arguments.
  8. if it was one game I could deal. it's a daily basis with him.
  9. Season has become an exercise in frustration.
  10. we have backups everywhere now so it's not surprising but FFS.
  11. I think Rickie said that he's sneakily one of the best all around athletes in MLB and I actually agree. It's pretty incredible to be able to play a MLB average SS and CF.
  12. ah shit here we go again.
  13. OK LOPEZ IT'S BEEN DONE BEFORE. YOU'VE GOT 5 INNINGS OF 3 RUN BALL. IF YOU GO ONE MORE INNING WITHOUT GIVING UP AN EARNED RUN THAT'S A QUALITY START.
  14. Can you give my 20 year old body back if you're coming from the past?
  15. I'll take the one walk and just pretend he was consistently in the zone.
  16. Holy fuck he didnt cough up the lead. Baby steps.
  17. Sox need better analytics and tools for these guys. Whatever they are asking him to work on isn't helping.
  18. What exactly did Lopez work on in the offseason?
  19. Certain teams are. The Knicks are a good example. For the first time in 40 years a superstar in his prime (tail end but whatever) wants to sign with them and then he blows out his achilles. You can only try and hang in their but as you get into middle age it gets old. Last time the Sox were good I was in college FFS.
  20. High ankle sprain is word from White Sox this morning. Got the ASB coming up maybe miss 15 games maybe 20.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.