Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. Ah my bad, I confused Rickie's comments last year with his college position. For whatever reason Rickie was pretty effusive of Vaughn at 3B in spring. Said he looked like a guy that could stick there. Regardless, we've seen Vaughn in all of what, two games in left and he already looks just fine out there. Certainly better than Eloy. Good scouting by Chicago internally. He's fine there.
  2. I love Jomboy, he cracks me up.
  3. Probably like a 1-20 where he is pulling off pitches and/or swinging at junk. Hopefully TLR can see it, he certainly has the experience.
  4. If they really want to try and protect him I would start thinking about using him as an opener. He seems like a guy that could give you three good innings more often than not.
  5. How would he have gotten lost? The Rule 5 isn't any time soon, right?
  6. Wait what? Is this true?
  7. Kopech looks amazing. I don't know how you can keep him under 100 innings. He looks like a guy that is going to replace Dylan in the rotation sometime around June 15th.
  8. One thing I couldn't stand about Rick: maybe it can't be measured accurately yet, but "pixie dust" is a thing and until the League adjusts you ride that pixie dust as long as you can. Keep starting him. The worst thing that can happen is a he cools off and gets benched. Until then, ride it.
  9. As I was reminded in the game thread I think it's easy to pencil in that all our youth got 600+ PA last year when in reality it was closer to 200 for most of them. He's still like in his 1st real season. Maybe Jose can talk to him a bit about laying off junk outside. It's something Jose has been able to work around and overcome for the most part.
  10. And in life, it's amazing what some people can do when they start seeing the end coming up on them. Kudos to Carlos, better late than never.
  11. Frankly I thought after his shoulder surgery he would never hit 97-98 again but somehow he did last night and sat around 93-94. Much better than the velocity last year. He is a new man if he can occasionally dial it up and as a 5th starter would be a helluva asset.
  12. @South Side Hit Men can you shorten your signature please?
  13. Come on ump help us out for once.
  14. Moncada looks broken again.
  15. Robert has great at bats and horse shit ones, wtf.
  16. I turned the radio broadcast on Len and DJ work well together.
  17. I will go on the record and say all those guys were wrong. Just watch him out there! Fathom is spot on.
  18. Good inning Carlos.
  19. Rodon looks awesome.
  20. Lol the 2nd part is superfluous.
  21. swing the god damn bat.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.