Everything posted by Balta1701
-
**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**
Mariano > Mauer.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Xenomorphic behavior by the Twins in this series.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Very embarrassing, Nick Punto.
-
**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**
"an unbelievable, unbelievable bonehead baserunning error by Punto" -Twins radio guy.
-
The Democrat Thread
We had that discussion a while back about how that crowd in D.C. couldn't possibly only be 75,000 people. The estimate for this one is somewhere in the range of 150,000 people. It looks like an awful lot. Which I think suggests pretty well how hard it is to judge the size of a crowd from a limited image.
- Alphabetical Conversation Thread
-
**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 05:58 PM) Pavano has to be a HATED man in New York. He basically stole 4 years of 40 something (I can't remember the exact amount) million dollars from them and hardly ever pitched in the process, and now he's flummoxing them tonight after doing so twice during the regular season. There's the return of the favor.
-
Thome wants to return to Chicago
QUOTE (WCSox @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 04:41 PM) You're not going to get either him or Thome for $2M. I could seriously see Thome's value this offseason being well under $4 million.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Smells like it.
-
**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**
Seriously, it's game 3 of the ALDS and the pitchers the Twins have thrown out so far are Duensing, Blackburn, and now THE Carl Pavano. How the Hell did these guys win the division with that as their starting rotation?
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 03:58 PM) It's obvious Denver is going to tie the game and leave WAY too much time on the clock. How do teams never learn that they can't leave time on the clock for Brady or Manning?
-
FutureSox Post-Season Top Prospects List
Brandon Inge?
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Quality spending that will be if all it turns in to is another 6 fouls on Shaq/Howard.
-
Thome wants to return to Chicago
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 02:34 PM) Abreu is a stud! Thats the guy i want! The Angels struck gold with this guy. Nick Johnson is an intruiging name. It will be interesting to see what direction KW takes with that DH spot. . Abreu simply isn't moving unless you offer him a real good deal. I'll bet after a good postseason he'll be looking for 3/$30 and will probably get close to it.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Now that the Bulls aren't asking him to do anything more than be an adequate backup center, I have little problem with him. I think he's an adequate backup center, which isn't bad for a 2nd round pick/a $1 million a year deal.
-
FutureSox Post-Season Top Prospects List
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 02:06 PM) I don't think anyone is going to LOVE this list simply because there are so many players to choose from when you get outside of our top 6-8 or so. Personally I'm most surprised about Miguel Gonzalez missing this list after the season he had as a rookie catching prospect. I understand it because we don't know a ton about him yet, but it's just kind of odd because 18-year-old catchers who hit the baseball open eyes very quickly. There are a lot of players capable of making big leaps up the rankings over 2010, like Morel and Retherford did this year, and Gonzalez is one of those guys. The other side of that "Problem" though, that people won't necessarily love any version of this list, is that it's actually a good thing. You have a handful of legit guys at the top, and more than likely KW will either trade them for legit pieces or a good percentage of them will go on to become legit contributors to the big league ballclub. Then you have a whole lot of in-between guys who are either at the lower levels or who are moving up but aren't yet looking great...the odds are that if you have enough of those kind of guys, you'll be able to pull some decent big leaguers out of the list.
-
Mat Gamel Discussion
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 10:33 AM) To fuel the fire, Phil Rogers mentioned that the Brewers are telling teams that Price is staying, but the would listen to offers for JJ Hardy and Mat Gamel in exchange for pitching. The question is...can Kenny do it without dealing Hudson?
-
Thome wants to return to Chicago
One thing that anyone thinking should keep in mind is...what is the market likely to be for a guy like Thome this offseason? Basically, an up there in age LH DH. The fact that he's a Dh limits him to half the league, and teams like Boston aren't likely to be in to him because they have a DH. Let's look for a moment at the potentially available corner OF/DH types this offseason Milton Bradley Jim Thome Carlos Delgado Bobby Abreu Vlad Guerrero Nick Johnson Aubrey Huff Hideki Matsui Jermaine Dye Randy Winn And that's not including the bigger names (Holliday) that will get money from the Yankees or cardinals. Point is...if you're in the market for a veteran Designated Hitter...there's a lot of options out there, and there's not going to be a lot of teams willing to spend money at that spot. I'd take Thome back, but I'd limit to maybe a $4-$5 million bid, because there's others on that list I can get for teh same price more than likely.
-
**Official Yankees vs. Angels Thread**
I'm surprised that you included teh Twins in the title.
-
**Official Red Sox vs. Angels Thread**
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 01:01 PM) Wow, Papelbon might just be run out of town. That was a hell of a turn of events. Papelboner for Jenks + Fields.
-
**Official Red Sox vs. Angels Thread**
Gotta admit, I don't like the Angels and was slightly pulling against them, but if they were going to win, it's nice to see them take down Papelboner in the process.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Luol Deng stinks.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Bad shooting from Luol deng. Argh.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Zippo couldn't light a fire under me right now.
-
**Official Phillies vs. Dodgers Thread**
QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 06:58 PM) Thome's real rusty, I bet. Anyone interested in having him as part time DH/part time hitting coach next season? Part time hitting coach? Do you knwo something about his being a good hitting coach I don't? For the right price, sure I'll take him back as a DH, although I might shop around a bit for a better deal, with guys like Johnson, Delgado, etc., possibly on the market as well.