Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
I preferably would like to see the Bears package on of their multiple third round picks with the 19th pick to move up and take Floyd, and then focus on someone like Jackson or Colston. I wouldnt want to see the loss of the first round pick either. Of course, the Bears could play semi conservative and wait for Jeffery/Sanu/Wright in the second round as well. I really thought Jeffery was going to be a high pick, but his weight and reluctance to run for scouts is really pushing his value down
-
2012 AL Central Catch-All thread
Holy cripes did Sizemore become a fragile and brittle guy.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:20 AM) All you might need to make this a "poison pill" would be a large cap hit in year 1. Yeah, and if that happens, the Steelers walk away with the 19th pick.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:11 AM) Where did they wind up re: the cap after their restructurings? I dont think they are closed to finished yet, which is why they elected to keep the franchise tag and not apply it to Wallace. I believe a lot of their older defensive players are going to be considered for offseason cuts, Ward was the first step, they also are going to be releasing Komeatu, Aaron Smith, I think Timmons is also on the block. Also, I didnt see it posted here, but Kris Deilman is calling it quits after that scary concussion/seizure incident last season because doctors wont clear him to play
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 2, 2012 -> 08:08 AM) Begins. 4 beers. Returns is forgiveable. If you would have said Forever or & Robin, well, you would be perma-banned from this thread and all film related threads
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
unless a team puts a poison pill in Wallace's contract, I fully expect the Steelers to match whatever contract is offered to him.
-
Arch Madness begins
The final list of historical marks made this season
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 09:02 PM) See, I almost dont want to see big crossovers in those next 4. They ought to work well on their own, without the other guys. Each is a strong character, don't rely on Stark to carry them all. It depends on how they want to present the narrative of the greater story. They certainly can have a one-off adventure for any character, but the relationship between the characters is already being developed, it has to continue. That doesn't mean Captain America has to have a team up with the hulk or whatever, but I think we will see a lot of communication between the characters going forward.
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 07:26 PM) That's the thing. At least they've developed the characters, but they probably have to develop each character's relationship with every other character. That's incredibly hard to do while also intertwining a main plot that you care about. They don't have to put excess effort into the relationship development because it will be ongoing past this movie. I think the relationships will all be rough in this movie, and the friction and friendships will be worked in in the Thor 2/Iron Man 3/Captain America 2/Hulk 2 movies. Then, the next Avengers movie it will be more refined. Gotta wonder how far Marvel wants to take it. Will they allow a bad movie within the string of movies ruin the continuity and force some sort of reboot?
-
Arch Madness begins
Here is the full schedule 2012 MVC Men's Basketball Tournament At Scottrade Center St. Louis, MO Thursday, March 1 Game 1 - Indiana St.(17-13) vs. SIU (8-22), 6:05 p.m. Game 2 - Drake (16-14) vs. Bradley (7-24), 8:35 p.m. Friday, March 2 Game 3 - Wichita St. (25-4) vs. Winner Game 1, 12:05 p.m. Game 4 - Illinois St. (18-12) vs. Northern Iowa (19-12), 2:35 p.m. Game 5 - Creighton (25-5) vs. Winner Game 2, 6:05 p.m. Game 6 - Evansville (15-14) vs. Missouri St. (16-15), 8:35 p.m. Saturday, March 3 Game 7 - Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4, 1:35 p.m. Game 8 - Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6, 4:05 p.m. Sunday, March 4 Game 9 - Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8, 1:05 p.m.
-
Arch Madness begins
Tonite Indiana St vs SIU at 6 pm, then Drake vs Bradley at 8:30 pm. Arch Sadness begins and ends tonite for SIU!
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
LOL, I like the "this looks like a 419 scam with clipart" quote in that Mutumbo article. Man, could you imagine flying in one of those countries with 10 mil, and immediately upon landing realizing that you were not leaving with any money, or anything bought with that money. That must have been quite a sinking feeling
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 02:28 PM) But everything about how the movie is made - from the acting, the cinematography, the music/sound effects, etc - is not a cookie cutter production. It's breaking the mold and thinking outside the box. I'm not suggesting that it's the best movie ever, but for a comic book movie it definitely stands apart. And thats the thing about why I disagree with you here. Captain America, Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man are all different movies in tone, subject matter and delivery. You telling me that they are cookie cutter movies tells me you either didnt watch them, or decided ahead of time that you hate them and wont bother to watch much to give them a chance. The entire Avengers story is an evolving story. Hopefully they can continue to push it towards the Civil war storyline, because if they can pull that one off I will be a very happy person.
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 01:56 PM) I think inherently I dislike them too because they're the least creative movies made. They're based heavily on a source material that people already like. It's Hollywood being lazy, especially when they make 2, 3, 4+ movies about them, often times without changing the style at all. I think that's what differentiates Nolan's batman movies with Favreau's Iron Man movies. One is a unique, newly created version of a basic story, the other is basically just bringing the comic book to life through a done-a-hundred-times-before production. LOL no it is not. They are based on the Batman graphic novels. The only movie that stands alone is Batman Begins, but TDK is basically The Long Halloween, and lots of the trailers are making people think that TDKR is going to be a new take on Frank Millers "The Dark Knight" as well as Knightfall.
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 02:10 PM) I love all the recent comic book movies. As a long time comic book fan, they seem to be finally getting them right. FINALLY the studios are starting to realize that you cannot mess with the source material. Fans will kill it, repeatedly. It also helps that Marvel launched their own studio, so they have creative control now
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 12:43 PM) I'm probably going to get killed for this, but just because they made comics doesn't mean the stories didn't completely suck. It still remains very difficult to mesh that many lead characters together, no matter what you have to work with. No, I wont kill you for it. There were plenty of storylines in all comics that were hilariously bad and embarrassing. But at the same time there is also a well established set of stories that a director has in hand that he/she can put into a movie, and these stories are very well regarded and read over and over. Like I said, it can totally get screwed up, I understand that. I dont think it will, but it could be And jenksismyb****, you hate everything. So your take doesnt surprise me.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Steve your deng picture is freaking me out, it looks like an Interpol Most Wanted Poster. WANTED FOR CRIMES AGAINST OPPOSING TEAMS AND HUMANITY: LIEUTENANT DENG
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 10:11 AM) Cleveland Cavaliers. I understand that game was exciting for Knicks fans with the dunks and comeback and such, but that team was acting like they won the Finals.
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 12:53 AM) That Avengers trailer looks cool, but that's a really tough project. The lead up movies have all been good (other than Captain America, meh) so I'm still looking forward to it, but it's very hard to throw all these developed characters together and have a good story. Then again, I'd be happy if it was just a 90-minute fight scene with all those superheroes. It really isnt, the scripts are out there in the form of many many comic books. I am pretty sure when The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man were filmed in 08, Marvel had a Avengers idea in mind, so they basically gave themselves 4 years and 5 movies leading up to it so they could get it right. That isnt to say that they cannot screw it up, because they certainly can.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
That bug story was fascinating. I wonder if the Zoo that has the breeders has looked at the genetics of them. You have to imagine a species with such a small population is doing something strange to survive 80 years.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
See? I was right. That was good
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
I had an ex girlfriend that lives there, I have been through there a few times. I have seen some of the buildings that were destroyed. A tornado is an awesome, terrible thing
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
oh. this should be good
-
Braun tests postitive for PEDs
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 08:48 AM) Yeah I did, but didn't memorize the guy's name. Thanks. Oh im sorry, I thought you were the guy that busted me out on tiny details in the middle of arguments with me. My bad
-
Braun tests postitive for PEDs
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 08:43 AM) THe answer here is probably obvious, but um, who? Do I honestly have to ask you this? Did you read the article?