Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 07:49 AM) I'm far from a Star Wars fans and just find it funny how Star Wars nerds b**** and moan about Lucas and how he ruins the movies, blah blah blah, but as soon as they are re-released in the theatre, look who is chucking down their cash. f*** that. I haven't spent a dime on his movies since I saw revenge of the sith when it came out. George lucas has gotten enough of my money, and him rereleasing all of them in the theatres and in movie sets every time a format changes really pisses me off.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 07:47 AM) I'm curious how some people would look at Lin if he was in a Golden State or Houston jersey instead of a Knicks one. We all hate how the media overrates and overhypes players based on small sample sizes but the kid is putting up 28 points a game against NBA teams and NBA players. His numbers will definitely go down when Melo comes back and starts hogging the ball again, but if you can't enjoy what he is doing, I feel bad for you. Haters gonna hate, I guess. I don't hate Lin whatsoever, I just think that a tremendous amount of perspective has been lost in his small time in a Knick uniform. ESPN is now touting the Knicks as a title contender again because Lin lit up the Jazz, Wizards, Nets and Lakers. That is 3 lottery teams and a Lakers team that has completely lost its identity. Come on now, last night Magic Johnson said that he is a cross between Steve Nash and John Stockton. Are you f***ing serious? 4 games in the NBA after 2 years in the NBDL and all the sudden he is a cross between 2 of the top 50-75 players in NBA history? Hubie Brown couldn't stop gushing about his amazing court vision but didn't have much to say about his turnovers. Yes, the way the kid has come out guns blazing is very impressive, but I very much agree that we are seeing a player that hasn't been looked at too much on tape by opposing coaches and there will be an adjustment coming that will probably change the way he plays the game. Remember Brandon Jennings huge run early last season that included a 55 point game? There was a lot of chatter about how good he was during that streak, and he ended up fading like Steve9347's stonewashed jeans(I know you wear them steve. Don't lie) Plus, as previously mentioned, once Melo comes back Lin isn't gonna be putting up 20 shots anymore. I prefer reading articles and opinions that can compliment the kid without the headline "Lin Dynasty OMGZ!!!!!!!". That's all
-
2012 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (gatnom @ Feb 11, 2012 -> 06:43 AM) So, has anybody played Curt Schilling's new game, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? I saw a guy playing it for a bit and the combat system looked pretty fun. I had no idea Schilling was a big rpg guy... Oh yea he is. I remember back when I read an article in SI where he was making fun of Doug Glanville for being a "train" in everquest. Edit: I thought it was SI, but it must have been through espn or something. Here is some of it www.boston.com/news/globe/living/articles/2003/12/04/schillings_got_his_online_game_face_on/
-
2012 Films Thread
I will never forgive George Lucas for taking my favorite badass villain as a child and showing me that in reality he was a whiny little b**** when he was a normal person. Empire strikes back A New Hope Return of the Jedi Revenge of the Sith Phantom Menace Attack of the Clones
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Hollinger is pissed that Deng is an all star, he has been b****ing about it all day and on the daily dime. Yet, he doesn't mind touting Jeremy Lin as the future of the NBA because Lin burned a few putrid teams.
-
Pearl Jam
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 12:58 PM) Pearl Jam is ok, but they are no Nickelback. Nickelback is ok, but they are no Limp Bizkit
-
Pearl Jam
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 07:24 AM) Atleast you honestly gave it a chance by listening to their best albums. I can respect that. It's unreal how much of a polarizing band they are. You look at a band like Soundgarden and you have tons of "meh's" on either side of the fence (yeah, they're OK I guess; nah, but they're OK I guess). You don't see nearly as many "meh's" with Pearl Jam, and I've honestly never understood why. It's not politics (yes, conservative; no, Ted Nugent, f*** that guy), it's just taste in music. Some like them, some dont. I just think that's how it is. I think a lot of it also has to do with where i was in my life and what I wanted in my music. I was about 15 or 16 when I first got major exposure, and i know you probably dont remember but STP hit at the same time. I really got into STP, that was what I wanted in my music, Sex Type Thing, Plush and Wicked Garden were my favorite songs for quite a long time. I just wasnt into a lot of the music the PJ was putting out, it was far too moody for me. It is just preference
-
Pearl Jam
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 06:56 AM) This isn't against you, Kyle, but this is really the thing that frustrates me. As a huge PJ fan, I like the songs that are played on the radio (in order of most to least played, it's generally Even Flow, Alive, Jeremy, Yellow Ledbetter (will never, ever, ever, never, ever, never stop being one of my favorite songs of all time...this is actually probably #1 when I think about it), Black, Daughter, Betterman, and then maybe Animal. I remember hearing Spin the Black Circle 1 time and I damn near s*** myself. But those songs are barely PJ at all. There are a ton of people that have Ten as a top 10 album, and I already said I feel that Yield is a top 25 album. In fact, I'd be lying if I said I hated the album. In fact, I love it. Moreso, tracks 4 (Why Go), and then 7-11 (without looking up I believe it goes Oceans, Porch, Garden, Deep, Release (which is also the only song I ever had a great trip to when I still smoked). But many people and 99.9% of radio stations are overexposed to their "super" hits that they are turned off to the band itself...those mentioned above. The same thing happens with The Beatles too. I have The Beatles' "#1" CD but I refuse to let anybody ever play it, because there is no value ever captured in that CD...it's snatching great lines from great poems and piecing them all together... "By Dylan Robert Thomas William Frost Williams a red wheel barrow Nothing gold can stay Rage, rage, into the night." Means nothing, but, looking at each individually, they all mean something. Obviously, an extreme example, but true all the same. Still, there are those that dislike or hate Pearl Jam. That's OK with me. Just another ticket I might get. I gave it my best shot to like them. I owned Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, No Code, and Yield at one point or another. I am a firm believer in playing an album front to back on the first listen to get a feel on the album. I tried, I just dont like them. I can appreciate them and their place in music history, I just am not a fan. Being a DJ just solidified it for me.
-
Pearl Jam
Sorry Wite, i had plenty of exposure to them at the radio station I worked at, I just never got into them. Wite's middle finger for me
-
2012 Films Thread
If I had to order the XMen movie I would like this X Men 2 X men First class X Men X Men Wolverine X Men 3
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 09:47 PM) I liked the Wolverine movie and thought First Class was s***, but I don't read comics so I didn't have demands for the story. The Wolverine movie was the best story of the mediocre X-Men film series so far. Ouch
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 08:24 PM) At this point it's genuine amusement. The guy who would otherwise be the #3 wr on their roster was one of Chicagos biggest drug dealers. The Bears could spend their top 3 picks on wr this draft and genuinely still wonder if their wr corps is undermanned. Clean house, get Cutler some weapons. That's what we wanted, that is what we are getting. Hopefully a bookend tight end to compliment Kellen Davis as well.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 07:43 PM) I know. I'm being a fool. But just the extremely remote possibility of a Dwight/Rose pairing is too much for me to totally ignore. Man, you're set up for the next 5-6 years with those two in this hideous conference. Shaq/Kobe lite. Please resume the beating of previously mentioned deceased horse. I will keep the small flicker of hope alive in my mind
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 06:59 PM) IMO, there is no sense in which the Bears not bringing in a free agent WR is not a gigantic failure. And that doesn't include Roy Williams either. The Bears WR corps right now, that they can count on next year on opening day is: 1. Earl Bennett 2. Devin Hester 3. Dane Sanzenbacher. Roy Williams is a FA, Sam Hurd has other issues, and Knox might never play football again. Say what you want about the O-Line, the Bears need 3+ warm bodies for WR, and there's no way around it. Lol I don't even know why you brought up Hurd. Besides the fact that he was immediately cut, that guy is probably going to be in a small cell for a long period of time.
-
The Pet Thread
QUOTE (G&T @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 05:45 PM) So how do you feed a dog a raw bone? Doesn't it contaminate the floor? Do you feed them in a crate? I have given my dog butcher bones before, and it is a mess at first, so you have to give them a good area that isnt carpet to get them started. Once they clean off the bone, which usually isnt long, and they start chewing on the bone to get to the marrow it is fine.
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (mumbles3k @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 05:56 PM) I've never understood why people don't like that movie. It's funny, has some good performances, and the action set pieces are choreographed exceptionally well. I've seen it twice, and it holds up. But if you take out Knight and Day, we're left with Walk the Line and 3:10 to Yuma, both of which were crap. So I don't know... Sorry you liked it, I thought it was terrible. Walk the Line was good, so was 3:10 to Yuma, I thought Kate and leopold was awful, Cop Land was meh. Hopefully he surprises me and it is good, I certainly don't want it to suck.
-
Mother files $900 trillion lawsuit
Obama is going to need to come up with a new bailout package for this
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 12:37 PM) Yeah, it's pretty woeful. Wolverine was such a comic badass. What they could do with the Magneto/Adamantium ripping storyline... space travel, everything, it would be tight. Or at least give us an actual badass Wolverine movie with him hucking around Canada and dealing with his demons (and bar fights, lots of bar fights). I actually think the best Wolverine moment we have had was his cameo in first class when he told Magneto and Prof X to f*** off when they found him in the bar drinking.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
This is one instance where I would look at his amount of yards and ask you "have you seen him play?" Im not a big fan of the eye test, but i have never wanted a WR so far away from this team as I have wanted Knox. Im not going to argue with people who think he is a fine 3rd option. To me he is a microcosm of what has been wrong with Bears WRs in the past......well, forever. Small, questionable hands, horrible routerunner, cannot block, but he is fast so people think he is worth something. I will pass.
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (mumbles3k @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 11:20 AM) I hated the first Wolverine movie too, but this new one is from the writer of THE USUAL SUSPECTS and the director of KNIGHT AND DAY. That seems like a pretty competent combination. Still wish Darren Aronofsky would've stuck around, though. I wouldnt use Knight and Day as my selling point, lol
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 11:22 AM) I don't know that I'd necessarily translate "3rd WR" to "Slot Receiver" any more. My meaning is more like "3rd option". If you put say, Jackson and Bennett on the other side of the field, with Forte in the backfield, the safeties have to either bite on the run or bite on the other 2 WR's, leaving Knox effectively single-covered. Yeah, in this one small instance in this one play you are drawing up, sure. Let the guy run fast down the field to catch the ball. Other than that, he is worthless.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 09:23 AM) Knox would be a reasonable fit in that 3rd WR spot if the Bears had 2 WR's ahead of him, where he could stretch the field and face single coverage regularly. He's at least an asset, if put in the right role then he's effective on the field, so losing him does hurt. He doesn't like contact, run horrible routes, and you want him in the slot? Sorry, but he is just a short fast guy who hasn't really done much in his career to warrant me caring if he is on the team next season.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Im not going to be sad if Knox is gone. So what if he led the team in receptions, he was the tallest midget. And most of those receptions and yards came from Hanie because Cutler could not find Knox consistently. I hope he regains full mobility and strength, and employment elsewhere.
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 09:10 AM) Yeah, I wouldn't pay to see a "Wolverine" sequel, and I didn't pay to see the last one, so I totally get where you're coming from on that one, I just really enjoyed the Fassbender/McAvoy version and thought that was really well done. I really enjoyed First class as well. My only criticisms are very minor. I wasnt a fan of the CGI for Beasts face, and i thought that Azazel was tremendously underused, especially towards the end. Everything else I really enjoyed
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 07:40 AM) So a Sequel to Xo is likely to happen? I would pay to see that. All of the main characters from First Class are signed on for a 3 picture deal IIRC. Wolverine I am very skeptical about, that is a tentpole franchise that has been totally ham-handed the entire way. I watch that Wolverine movie and still wonder if the director ever read a Wolverine comic or if they just watched the 90s XMen cartoon. Fox has this intensely brutal, animalistic character that they are turning into a love-lost sappy action hero.