Kyyle23
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT
Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
I don't know how many more errors are possible in this game. The bulls suck at pretty much everything tonite
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 04:58 PM) The front office isn't THAT conservative. Remember we are only a year and a half from the team selling off pieces so they could make a run at 2 max players (LeBron plus one) and after extending Rose and possibly Noah would've pushed them way into luxury tax territory. They failed, but they gave it the best effort they could've been reasonably expected to, and IIRC Forman has already looked into the possibility of getting Howard at least. Fair enough, I guess I am saying that I am used to the conservative nature and won't be broken hearted if it doesn't happen
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 04:16 PM) I'm really struggling to see all this worrying about Dwight. It likely will not happen. I am really not worried about it. If it happens, awesome, I would be ecstatic. If it doesnt, hey, I am used to the Bulls FO being conservative and believing(too much) that what they have is good enough to win a Championship. What I dont understand is why a lot of people(yes YOU Quinarvy ) are acting like some of these trade ideas are possibly too damaging to this teams chemistry/depth etc. While many NBA reporters/columnists/journalists also believe this has no chance of happening, there has been a universal agreement that pairing Rose and Howard is scary for the rest of the NBA for a long stretch of time. It is such a no brainer to make these trades, any of them. I am just commenting on the ideas. Im not sitting here thinking it is going to happen.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 04:09 PM) Mirotic would actually be the perfect fit next to Howard and Rose. If he is required for Howard, so be it.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 03:26 PM) Taj >>> Boozer at D Boozer >>> Taj at O What is more needed next to Howard? I dont know, but lets make sure we dont lose Mirotic and Charlottes pick
-
2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 11:29 AM) What? You're crazy. Deron had a great tournament, but in terms of stats during their college careers, Dee Brown had better numbers and was more consistent. Even in 2004-2005 he had better numbers and he was an All-American, Sporting News Player of the Year, and Big Ten Player of the Year. Edit: and Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year. who had the better numbers during the title run season? Im just curious, I really dont know. All i know is that people that season were saying "Dee Brown, yea i like him. But man, DWill has come out of nowhere and we really like him"
-
2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 10:20 AM) Look, even Kyyle, a certified J4L hater agrees with me. i certainly dont hate you, i just think you are a little quick on the trigger with your judgements and usually too stubborn to back off your initial snap assessment. And I was just making a call on your small point. Your larger point is a different discussion. Having Melo in college for a minimum 3 years isnt the travesty you think it would be, but I think we all knew Melo was ready to make the jump to the big boys.
-
2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 10:14 AM) Melo was like an 18-year old freshman and did what he did. What would he have done as a 20-year old junior? won his 3rd championship in a row?
-
2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 10:02 AM) I can't agree. I think the tournament is incredibly entertaining and I enjoy watching the game but the quality and level of play in college just doens't compare to the NBA. And that is coming from someone who thinks the NBA has a lot of quality issues. The quality doesnt bother me. It is the officiating that always bothers me. Superstar calls and maddening inconsistency just drive me insane.
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 08:53 AM) Whatever the total money is, that doesn't matter at all. If there's a team looking to turn themselves into a super bowl caliber team, he's worth more than that to a team and you know that. The big issue is the cap space. If all of this was moot as you are saying, he will be traded. I highly doubt the Colts would prefer to lose Manning for nothing. I also highly doubt a team is willing to mortgage their immediate future for such a large question mark. If Peyton never plays another down and some team goes all out and sends everything to Indy for him, that team could be screwed for the next 2-3 years in the draft. That could totally bury a team
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 02:57 PM) http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1_17-32.asp would love to see this draft for the bears. Based on this draft I'd go with Alshon over Dwight Jones and in the 6th I'd go with Russell Wilson over the RB they had the bears taking, If the Bears wanna go with a RB in the 6th I'd rather have Herron. I'd go with 1 RD Decastro 2 RD Jeffery WR 3 RD Cam Johnson DE 3 RD Orson Charles TE 4 RD Nate Potter OT 5 RD Cliff Harris CB 6 RD Russel Wilson QB Based on this draft While I would love it if it happened, I see no way that Jeffery slips to the Bears in the late second round. That guy is a physical freak, he is going to be a hell of a WR
-
Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 11:08 AM) Look at him before NE, he might be better than Bennett but the gap isn't that much of a difference. Brady makes players around him better similar to Brees/Manning. I love Bennett, but it is really hard to say that the gap isnt much of a difference. This is from Welkers wiki(obviously debatable but it is there): Then he goes to the Pats and has continuous 100 reception seasons. I dont care who is throwing to him, 100 catches is what it is. He has always been known as a great route runner and he has pretty good speed. Bennett has a long way to go to be put on the same level as Welker IMO
-
2012 TV Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 08:18 AM) Didnt need to see that dude's shlong. Self esteem low enough. LOL right? Good lord that was just a mean thing of HBO to do, that man is in the wrong niche of the film industry
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 08:49 AM) This is accepted, but the best answer would have been NBA I know you follow the NBA enough that I don't even have to state either reason. Its just fun poking at the ridiculousness of the NBA sometimes, despite how great it is.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 08:33 AM) Pretty much every impressive Blake Griffin dunk has involved him using his off-hand to abuse the head of the other player. I'm not exactly sure why it's allowed. NBA refs making confusing and conflicting calls and non calls? Say it aint so
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Perkins is the official b**** of twitter today
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 01:22 PM) Reasons why if it's more than Noah + firsts, it's bad. Noah + Deng: We could at best lose around 20 rebounds here, at worst something like 15. Brewer is not as good a rebounder as Deng. Mirotic + Bobcats Pick: Those will be the next guys to step in and help Rose when Boozer and Rip are gone and Deng/Noah have aged. have you looked at Dwights rebounding numbers? Ever? Noah and Dengs rebounds are pretty much mitigated
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
The only thing I wouldnt be all that pleased about is the more-than-likely inclusion of Hedo in the deal. but yeah, I agree with J4L. You do this deal immediately and twice on sundays
-
THIS DATE IN SOX HISTORY/"MOCK SOX"
+1 follower
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
once again they focused pretty much all of their resources on stopping Rose because nobody else could step up and be the #2. If the Heat did anything else it would be a bad strategy. The Bulls needed Deng, needed Rip healthy, and needed Boozer to be effective. They had none of it. There was positive news though. Noah with his 4th double double in a row
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
Well, this game is going about as well as a game could go with no deng, no cj, and no boozer.
-
Man shoots neighbor's pet Labrador
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 01:28 PM) Except that 1) there won't be a court of law (at least not one we will hear about), which is my entire point; and 2) Milk could give about some "due process" for this loser, he's just trying to be a freaking contrarian. If this were your dog or your friend's dog that got shot and I came in here spouting off about how we need to hear about this wonderful drunk's virtues, you would tell me to go to hell. I already made my point about how i feel earlier in the thread. He isnt changing your mind, you arent changing his. The mudslinging is starting, and it needs to end because you are both stubborn and wont back down. Thats it.
-
Man shoots neighbor's pet Labrador
It is safe to say we have hit "agree to disagree" territory here. Lets just let this one go and see what happens in the court of law
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 12:18 PM) Skiles took Jennings out of his rhythm by sitting him on the bench so long after he got off to that ridiculous start. If you are the Bucks and you have a player rolling like that against the Bulls why not ride him until he stops making shots? knowing Skiles, he probably wasnt too happy with the way Jennings was going about his shot selection. Jennings was hot, but his shot selection was atrocious, he was nailing fadeaway three pointers. Skiles hates when players play like that, he was probably trying to send a message. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 11:21 AM) When the Bulls play the Heat Deng usually guards Lebron, Wade was left for Brewer or Bogans. My guess is that Brewer starts on Lebron and Rip/Rose guard Wade. If Rip isnt still hurt
-
Sox still listening on Gavin
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 09:16 PM) I've lost a lot of respect for Oswalt. That p**** wanted no part of the AL. But look at it from his perspective, he doesnt want to go out getting lit the F*** up in the AL when he can at least keep his ERA respectable thru the end of his career. He knows he doesnt have much left in the tank, and he has been flirting with retirement for a few years now, plus all of his recent injury and personal issues. It is probably best for him to stay with what he knows and where he is comfortable.