Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 07:40 AM) So a Sequel to Xo is likely to happen? I would pay to see that. All of the main characters from First Class are signed on for a 3 picture deal IIRC. Wolverine I am very skeptical about, that is a tentpole franchise that has been totally ham-handed the entire way. I watch that Wolverine movie and still wonder if the director ever read a Wolverine comic or if they just watched the 90s XMen cartoon. Fox has this intensely brutal, animalistic character that they are turning into a love-lost sappy action hero.
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 09:28 PM) Dwight just went for 25 and 24 against the Heat. But yes, let's not underestimate Noah's help defense on LeBron. Noah, Deng, that worthless until 2016 Bobcats pick, and another non-Rose related asset for Dwight. Make.it.happen. Hopefully Thibs coaches Dwight and Rose in the AS game and they can quick sell him on the idea of playing in Chicago, lol
-
The Pet Thread
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 06:42 PM) Is carsick something smaller breeds get? Neither of our goldens have ever gotten carsick (They go apes*** over taking car rides), and none of the other dogs in my family (2 labs, golden, and a lab/shepard/mutt) have ever had this problem. But my roommate had a Whippit (sp?) and she said it would throw up every single car ride and they just got a new whippit, and apparently it threw up when they brought it home. I'm glad Goldens (or maybe just ours) don't get carsick because that would be disgusting to have to deal with in a car. Do you honestly think the size of the breed has anything to do with it? I think it is just as random as people getting carsick. I had a malamute that got sick in cars and my basset did too. My basset just decided he was done with that on the 7 hour ride home from carbondale and would sleep the whole way.
-
2012 Films Thread
- The Pet Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 07:41 AM) So yesterday I went to a local butcher because I was picking up 40 pounds of chicken necks...when I went to pick him up, he told me about some other products they offer. They make something themselves they call "dog food," which is ground beef with beef organs such as hearts and livers, as well as bone meal, which is basically ground bone. They told me they would sell it to me in bulk for $1.39 lb, which I am absolutely stoked about. I can make this the base of my dog's diet at about 1/2 the price of what I am currently buying, and use the green tripe and other more expensive products I am currently buying to supplement this. Kyle, they also sold femur bones for $1.39 lb and marrow bones for $3.69 lb. Some of these femur bones and chicken and turkey necks could definitely do the trick on your bassets, at least in the future. This adds up to about $56 for 40 lbs of food, which is about half what I was paying to get shipped in to me. This morning I added some of the bone meal to their regular food and they absolutely loved it. I already get them femur bones from petco, they like them already. Right now I am kind of feeling them out with what they do and do not like. Both of them obviously have weak jaw muscles because they havent had anythign to chew for pretty much their whole lives, and it shows. They will work on the bone together for 20 minutes at a time, then you can tell they need a break, so they nap. I am a big believer in natural bones and no rawhide. I just hope once Wilma has her dental procedure she isnt in so much pain that she doesnt want to chew anymore.- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 09:02 AM) I never understood why people think rookies need 5 years to become impact players. Victor Cruz wasn't even drafted and caught 82 passes his second year. Clay Matthews had 10 sacks in his first. Aldon Smith had 14. I could go on and on with rookies playing well. I just look at all the teams that have won the Super Bowl the past 5 years and all those teams drafted well and signed a free agent here and there. At the same time, the Bears dont have enough draft picks to fill every need. IMO Bears need to get at least to the second round of the playoffs for Lovie to save his job, and hoping a rookie can provide what Smith, Cruz and Matthews provided isnt always the best way to win- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 08:55 AM) Really with the age of the key defensive players, the entire franchises window is closing. With the way football works with teams popping up every year out of nowhere, I am not a big believer in windows slamming shut. Teams rebuild on the fly every season, sometimes it works, sometimes it falls flat. Lovie is in SMA mode right now, so hopefully he doesnt go out looking for guys that can help win NOW as much he gets guys that can help win now and for the foreseeable future, and also lets hope that Emery can fill the gaps in the draft. It sucks that this year is a lame duck year for Lovie. Players and Agents are aware of situations like that, and sometimes they will stay away in order to find something stable.- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 08:39 AM) I think spending big money on free agents is usually a bad idea. Lovie doesn't have the time to wait for drafted players to become impact players.- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
Jay wanted Bates before, i like this- 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 10:55 AM) Chauncey Billups could be done for the year I saw achilles injury on espn and knew it was bad- 2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 09:44 AM) It does look cool, but it feels a little too early for a series reboot to me. Eh, it will be 5 years since the tremendously disappointing Spiderman 3. It doesn't bother me too much, I'm just going to pretend that movie didn't happen anyways- 2012 Films Thread
New Spiderman looks extremely cool- 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
i wonder what JaVale McGees mom thinks about that- 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
All I can say is if this team ever can get 100%(meaning everyone available, obviously Deng will never be fully healthy) healthy the offense should be pretty scary.- The Pet Thread
- The Pet Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 03:32 PM) It's pretty solid...the breeder that I got my Blur from had him on Blue Buffalo before I convinced her to switch to a brand called Precise, but it depends on breed. What kind of dogs do you have, Joe? i could be a total smartass and tell you to read the beginning of the thread Golden Retrievers- The Pet Thread
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 02:01 PM) Sometimes you can order the medicine as a flavored liquid, that can help considerably. They have pill pickets and other things at pet stores, they work better for dogs than cats. Cats are amazing at spitting pills. I went with a roomate in college to her cats vet appt, they used that pill tweezer thing and her cat still got it up. It took 3 times to get it down- The Pet Thread
My pill trick is to put the pill(s) in the middle of a piece of bread and squeeze the bread into a ball around the pill, then run water over the bread so it gets slimy/gooey and give it to the dog. My dogs never ever chew it, they just swallow it. Some dogs just know though, and force you to get those vet pill popper devices that are like a reverse tweezers- Super Bowl 46 thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 11:59 AM) Thing is, Hernandez dropping that ball was a good thing. 10 yards in exchange for 20 seconds wasn't what the Pats needed. The Pats needed to be moving the ball forward, hernandez and branch dropping those balls back to back were 2 first downs lost, and at least a closer chance for brady to launch the ball. Yeah, it stopped the clock, but it wasn't such a great thing because of that.- The Pet Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 09:23 AM) Did you do it yet? Because you don't need to...you can bring them back just fine by starting with the bones now...I've read all kinds of stories about dogs' teeth coming back to healthy condition just by changing their diet/giving them raw/meaty bones. You really dont understand the damage here, Shack. Under normal circumstances, I would try that. This is not normal circumstances. If you want, PM me your email address or cell # and I will send you a picture tonite when I get home. It is EXTREME damage. There will be tooth removal as well, I am sure of it. Imagine pulling your dogs lip up so you can see his/her back teeth. You see the white healthy teeth leading to the gums. What I see is a small sliver of white tooth, followed by a plaqued/blackened/rotting part of the tooth that leads to the exposed root, followed by what looks to be some sort of solid grey matter(it looks like grey putty, that is the only way i can describe it) about half an inch wide between the root and the gumline. It is truly hideous. Giving her some bones isnt going to fix this- Super Bowl 46 thread
Hernandez dropped the very next ball after the Branch drop/deflection. Hernandez' was 100 percent a drop. Branch, they didnt show the replay enough but i was fairly sure it was defelcted- Super Bowl commercial prediction contest
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 09:23 AM) I recognized them, I just didn't understand what was going on in the ads? What were they doing? The first one I saw they were watching the game and one Polar bear was crossing his fingers, arms, legs etc because he was superstitious, so the other bear was nice and gave him a straw to drink his coke. The second one I saw the bear fumbled the coke bottle through a group of bears and knocked them all down, but didn't drop the coke. Those were the only two I saw- The Pet Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 04:19 PM) That's ok...you can reverse the effects! After 250 bucks, i can try- Super Bowl commercial prediction contest
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 6, 2012 -> 08:09 AM) M & Ms commercial was awesome. I still have no idea what those polar bears were about? My favorite commercial was the Sasha Baron Cohen movie preview just before the game, looks hilarious. Really? That was the Coca-Cola Polar bears, they have been around for a long time- The Pet Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 5, 2012 -> 08:52 AM) Dogs do not have the enzymes in their saliva to properly break down grain products, which is where a lot of these problems stem from. This is just one of many reasons why not to feed your dog grain-based foods or TREATS. What they don't swallow sticks to their teeth and decays them, causing bad breath. Bones will automatically clean a dog's teeth. And when I say bones, I don't mean a grain-based product in the shape of a dog bone. By bone I mean the skeletal remains of a carbon-based organism. Give your dog a raw bone, or a raw, meaty bone to chew on from time to time. This will clean their teeth and provide mental stimulation as well as emotional satisfaction for your dog. Best of all, you will rarely, if ever, have to clean his teeth. Thats what I do. Unfortunately, that is not what her previous owners did - The Pet Thread