Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    Both movies had impressive visuals that carried mediocre love stories. People just freaked out at the ship sinking scene in Titanic
  2. I dont think Bret would step in the ring unless he WAS absolutely ready to go. He has always been very concerned about the perception of him and his legacy, he wouldnt want to come off looking bad
  3. They are saying the source of the complaint is Adam James, son of ESPN NCAA football commentator Craig James(who also complained)
  4. The s*** hits the fan for Texas Tech's HC Mike Leach
  5. Certain games just pique my interest and I stay with them for a long long time. I can still play Romance of the 3 Kingdoms for NES and never grow bored
  6. If you dont like the poll or the thread, stay out of it.
  7. Mark DeRosa supposedly close to signing with the Giants Braves and Troy Glaus have also agreed on a deal that they will announce after the New Years. Bruce Levine reporting that the Cubs are looking at Jose Contreras, Scott Podsednik, Marlon Byrd, Ryan Spilborghs and Kiko Calero
  8. QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 04:11 PM) I am so glad the Colts decided to call it quits on the rest of the regular season now, keeps my Dolphins as the only perfect team!! Oh, and if there were only 5 good teams back in the 70's why didn't anyone else do it? If it was the Bears who had gone undefeated everyone would hate them too and Bears fans would defend them the same.. I think the part that rubs everyone the wrong way is Mercury Morris and Co dancing and popping champagne every time. Its one thing for the fans to rub it in your face, thats what they are there for, but the players should have a little more class about it. And I understand it is only a few of the 72 Dolphins that hang on to that tradition(although it has to be getting close to the point where there arent many left, that was 37 years ago, holy cow)
  9. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 04:19 PM) I'm not disagreeing with what they said, it's just repeating what I said. Ribbie and Shack were actually clever. I was posting like the person above me
  10. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 03:23 PM) Ah, I get it. The only pictures I saw (the one guy and the two girls) just show them standing on top of a cage. I didn't realize they were open. Do a quick google image search for croc trap and there are better pictures to show what the cages look like. If you look at the first picture I posted on the thread, you can see the two friends inside the cage because their fingers are gripping the wire
  11. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 01:32 PM) A couple of old ones that I've watched again recently: 'In Bruges', gets better each time. 'Made' with Vince Vaughn, pretty funny and must hold the record for having the F word used most often in the history of film. I love Vince Vaughns character in Made. You just want to absolutely kill him throughout the whole movie for being such an idiot. I saw "You Kill Me" with Ben Kingsley, Tea Leoni, Luke Wilson, and Bill Pullman the other night and that was a decent movie. Some of it was a little forced, but there are a few pretty funny moments
  12. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 01:34 PM) Maybe I missed something, but what's so dangerous about this? The crocs are locked in a cage. These people are dancing on top of a cage. It's not like they're willingly jumping into a croc-infested pool just to see if they'd live. yeah you are missing something. Those are baited, open croc traps. The crocs get over 13 feet in length and can absolutely come out of the water and snatch one of those kids off the top, those are top predators that take down massive prey, and like I said earlier they usually attack when they are within 3 feet of their prey. Plus, in the first picture, 2 kids are INSIDE the trap while the 3rd is dancing on the top.
  13. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 12:33 PM) You're supposed to post like me, not regurgitate things I've said. you are supposed to post like the person above you, not disagree with everything they said about you
  14. Hey look, more smart young Australians
  15. QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 09:10 AM) I think if the Colts with the Super Bowl, nobody will care about this game. But the Jets are now in at a wildcard spot. What do the other teams fighting for that playoff spot think of what the Colts did? I think other teams should worry about taking care of their own business instead of hoping another team will lose
  16. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 09:10 AM) In 2000, we could have said we were set for 10 years with Kip Wells, Parque, Mike Sirotka, James Baldwin, Jon Rauch, Jon Garland, Josh Fogg, Aaron Myette, Mark Buehrle, Lorenzo Barcelo, Danny Wright, Matt Ginter, Kevin Beirne, etc. Things change in a heartbeat with pitching prospects...actually, we're still not very deep at all in this area, and the chances we sign Maya are 10-15% at best. To project Holmberg into a future rotation is just a bit more relevant now than projecting Jordan Danks or Mitchell as our 2011/2012 starting CFer. Remember last year at this time? Names being speculated about were Clayton Richard/Aaron Poreda (C.R.A.P.) and Jeff Marquez...only one of those guys came close to making an impact on the starting rotation. I wasnt sure of that at all. These three all ended the season with shoulder injuries that pretty much finished their careers. And the rest of them were unknowns
  17. QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 12:15 AM) Caldwell is trying to out-think himself. "What Would Dungy Do?" He should have left the starters in. They were at home, inside. The likelihood of injury is lower than on the road and outside in bad weather. It really doesnt matter, Caldwell is damned if he does, damned if he doesnt. If he leaves them in and Wayne, Manning, etc break a leg, blow out a knee, etc then he is an idiot because he left them in. If he takes them out and the team doesnt win, he should have let them try for the perfect record. In the end, is it about having a perfect season, or is it about winning a superbowl. Perfect seasons can be lost in the playoffs, and they have.
  18. And when they said the problem was SP 3, they offered no solution? They just said that is your problem and thats all?
  19. QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 02:10 PM) So if the Bears have to "get over it" how is Rivera as head coach inevitable? I dont think its inevitable, I think it is very unlikely
  20. if it is a stunt, it is a very strange stunt. I dont see how he would benefit from taking a leave of absence and going back and forth like this. I know he has had some diva moments as head coach at Florida, but this wouldnt really fit that pattern. He usually acts out when someone talks about his programs or his coaching abilities. You never know though, it could be something that none of us are seeing yet. And I knew your FSU affiliation was playing a part in what you were saying QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 01:42 PM) Is going from GVSU head coach to DB coach really an upgrade for him? I could see defensive coordinator. yeah its a definite upgrade, its exposure. When I started college at SIU waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1996 they were coached by Shawn Watson for 1 year. He jumped the next year to be the QB coach for Northwestern under Gary Barnett, and followed Barnett to Colorado to be his OC, and now is the OC for Nebraska. These guys know they have to step sideways before they step forward in the coaching ranks in college, unless they are REALLY hot coaches due to their team performance
  21. QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 01:26 PM) If it is so serious, then why is he already saying he is going to come back? You think you'd want to wait it out for a little bit before announcing something so bold. One day everyone thinks he's dying; the next, it's just stress and he just wants a year vacation. At least Steve Addazio is going to be the coach for the year and not someone really good. Some coaches need to step away for a vacation because they never actually get one between the season and recruiting and spring practices, etc. Im not going to begrudge him that if he actually had an in-season heart attack like what is being reported. That doesnt mean he WANTS to step away, and I am sure he doesnt, which is why he sounds like he is flip flopping. Favre flip flopped because he didnt feel like retiring, but Green Bay wanted him gone, not because of a health issue. I dont see how it is comparable to Donovan either, considering he left for another job, then decided he didnt want that job and came back
  22. http://www.news.com.au/travel/men-showed-a...r-1225813864969 brilliant. f*** with one of the few creatures on this planet that WILL eat you without thinking twice. Not to mention that they usually will sneak up very close before they come after you
  23. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 10:28 PM) I still think Lovie was threatened by Rivera waiting in the wings behind him. if it happened right now I would agree 100 percent. At that time I am sure it played a part in the decision, but I think a small part. Lovie was at full speed at that point, his team looked poised for a nice run. Also, Rivera was let go 9 days before Lovie signed his contract extension with the Bears. Lovie knew he was staying with the Bears, he couldnt of felt that threatened that Rivera was going to take his job from him. If there was anything that threatened Lovie, it was the fact that someone else was calling defensive plays and he disagreed with it
  24. QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 01:04 PM) Mr. Snake Meyer is pulling a Billy Donovan/Brett Favre/whatever you want to call it. Not the same at all if it is a legitimate health issue. And considering he just had his contract extended and gets paid more than pretty much everyone in college FB, there is no reason for him to pull this
  25. QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 01:08 PM) javier vazquez makes the yankees better because joba/hughes would put up an ERA over 5 Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if Javy did the same thing

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.