Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
sox close to another deal?
I think KW did the same thing he did last season, talked to a GM about something that could happen down the line. They probably outlined what they want to happen and will discuss it later.
-
In New Jersey...
Hmmm, thats sounds like a dumbass HR person. How long have you been together? One would think commonlaw rules would apply if it has been that long
-
sox close to another deal?
QUOTE (Sox72 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 06:12 PM) Yeah, sorry. I don't know the whole posting etiquette. Am I supposed to post in green? Or put one of those cute smiley faces? green here.
-
sox close to another deal?
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 04:48 PM) Hell yeah he would. He's the model DH. And it's not like he can't play the field (even if he's terrible at it). Which seems to be a requirement now. Ozzie could put him in at 1st or left in a pinch for sure. Matsui and Vlad PHYSICALLY cannot play the positions anymore(at a mediocre level, that is). Dunn just has bad instincts, but if necessary could definitely play there
-
So Who's the Next Long Rumored White Sox to come aboard?
QUOTE (monomach @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 04:45 PM) That doesn't mean we can't trade away all of our minor-league pitching for him. yes it does
-
So Who's the Next Long Rumored White Sox to come aboard?
QUOTE (monomach @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 04:34 PM) If they could keep Ozzie from ever talking to him, it would be ok. He's at least a run producer. Otherwise, expect fisticuffs. Anyway, since Kenny is acquiring all of these bad players he's wanted forever, I'm going with Joey Gathright. After all, the only thing better than one guy at the top of the order who can't get on base is two of them. Blue Jays already signed him
-
sox close to another deal?
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 02:39 PM) if its a free agent im hopin for Adam Laroach or russell branyon QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 03:01 PM) a deal for (Prince Fielder) would start with beckham no doubt maybe Jenks, Flowers, Hudson and then some QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 04:27 PM) Jenks, Ramirez, and Dayan for Berkman I am SO glad you are not KW. Good lord
-
So Who's the Next Long Rumored White Sox to come aboard?
I hate to say it, but who did KW talk about right around the winter meetings as if he was great? Yep, Milton Bradley
-
sox close to another deal?
QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 01:55 PM) Same guys who "broke" the adrian gonzalez trade right? I remain skeptical. Nobody "broke" anything but preliminary discussion. And that was all that was reported
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
It has to be 1st or 2nd round picks? Or it is agreed upon by the teams?
-
Cards offer 8 years $120+M to Holliday?
They are gonna be paying a lot of money to Pujols and Holliday for the next couple seasons if this contract is signed
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
If its a work, then it is in the works. Which is a very good thing. The Rock coming up, Austin down the line, Hart. It could be a fun 2010
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
Dennis Miller tells Vince McMahon to his face that Bret Hart should guest GM RAW for a night, Vince storms off the stage in a huff. Real or a Work?
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 06:59 PM) It is almost unimaginable to me that Raimi directed 1 and 2 so amazingly and then produced this turd. The feel, tempo, and story of the third one doesn't even resemble the nuanced approach of 1 and 2. What the f*** was he thinking? His decisions on character development in 3 were appalling. The way he handled Harry Osbourne is quite possibly the worst use of a character I've ever seen. (also HOW MANY f***ING TIMES SHOULD HARRY HAVE DIED IN THIS MOVIE?) I hope that 4 gets this franchise back on track. I would have rated it near the top after 2, but 3 completely destroyed my love for the series. If I had to choose between watching S-3 and X-3 I'd probably choose death. A lot of people feel that he was pissed at being forced into bringing Venom into the film, which I just didnt understand. You would think that a Spiderman fanboy like Raimi would understand what Venom means to the Spiderman legacy, and he just jobbed it so he could be done with it. I just dont understand why he couldnt let the Green Goblin legacy go. It was done, over with, had no place in the story. To me, that was the forced element of the storyline. He probably could of cut that horrible Osbourne character out of the movie, cut 30 minutes off the runtime(it was way too long), and still had a really good storyline to work with in Sandman and Venom. It looked like Raimi forced the crappiness to spite the Venom fanboys, and that just wasnt right
-
Free Agent Tracker
Mike Cameron to the Red Sox, 2 years, 15.5 mil. Did NOT see that coming
-
Mark Buehrle is #26 on Rob Neyer's top 100 players of the decade
QUOTE (Real @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 08:18 PM) And Frank Thomas #97, list is a joke Thomas was a man of the 90's, while he was still somewhat of a force in the 2000's, I think it is understandable
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 07:38 PM) Have anybody in mind? I'm not saying Hester IS a #1, or that I condone keeping him in that spot. However, with how far they've come with him as a WR, I doubt they change it now. Sure. Brandon Marshall, COME ON DOWN! I believe he is a RFA after the season, but I think he has proved he is worth it by now. We all know he has a little bit of a thing with Jay. And if you put Hester/Aromashodu/Bennett/Knox on the opposite side of him, Jay is going to light some DBs up
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 06:52 PM) Hester will continue to be this team's #1 WR for years. Like someone said, he's a playmaker and you have to put him on the field as much as possible. Bennett has looked good at times and at times he's looked lost. Knox looks alright, but a #3 WR at best. Olsen is overrated as hell. DA looked pretty good, but how much can we bank on him? There's no way JA goes out and signs Marshall, or any big name FA's for that matter. Maybe Kevin Walter, but with all this CBA bull, all these FA's might be restricted. I bet the bears move to replace him with a true #1 this offseason.
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 06:30 PM) Spiderman 3 is on FX... I almost forgot how bad it was. Did you get to the dance scene with Emo Tobey yet?
-
Would You Deal Jenks to Philly
If I am Kenny, I better have one more domino ready to fall(big bat) right after I pull this trade off.
-
Royals interested in Chapman
QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 04:48 PM) Dayan is going to be Big Papi re incarnated... Wait... the JUICED Big Papi... not the one that wasnt juiced last year.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Why wait til Christmas Eve? Is there something else that needs to be proved here?
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 03:58 PM) NSFW: Couple Christens Dallas Cowboys Stadium's New Bathroom Stall Video and a pic at the link. This is from the first game at the stadium
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
I actually have no problem with Bennett. He has hung on to the ball after taking some serious shots. I like what he has shown in his first actual year playing
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 12:15 PM) I'll only hate it if it sucks. I know you well enough ( I think) to suspect you have more respect for the pioneering Willis O'Brien and Ray Harryhausen stop motion animation than you're letting on. But if not, then backerdown, this fight can resume upon release date