Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
Rodriguez has been quite the colossal failure in the Big house. It seems like everytime I read any sports news, blog, watching any ESPN or even Comcast Sportsnite they are talking about how much he has pissed everyone off up there. He keeps getting caught in stupid little lies too, and that certainly doesnt help his cause. Why lie about the practice logs if everyone is going to find out about them anyways? And the flap with his player punching another player, and then RR complaining about Purdue's player doing the same thing in a game that didnt even involve Michigan? Just totally classless and petty.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 09:21 PM) If the BCS is considered post season, I assume that lawyers might get involved. Not that I expect it to happen any time soon, but if it did I am guessing a lot of contracts are going to be edited or reworked
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
If the BCS were somehow dissolved and a playoff system were somehow put into place, I have to wonder if some universities would try and get out of paying coaches their bonuses for reaching BCS bowl games and high BCS rankings. LOL
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Brush your teeth like a Spartan
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 08:28 PM) I thought that your 3 year old was a boy? I will edit if he corrects me, I was following suit with Brian.
-
Jenks not happy with Guillen commenting about his weight
Looks like Bobby is getting no sympathy from Kenny
-
Films Thread
And I bet she loves the short "Partly Cloudy" too. Its a great kids movie. It starts a little slow, more for the adults in the audience to be honest with you, but once it starts moving I bet she gets sucked in
-
The bad contract game
That Todd Helton contract is quite the albatross, holy cow
-
Official: Omar Vizquel Signs with Sox
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 05:32 PM) Wow, there’s a very large difference between having an injury problem and giving serious thoughts to killing yourself. Duke was completely unmotivated to do ANYTHING last year. Even his livelihood. So, yeah. Clinical depression is the real issue here. Bolt, dont cloud the issue and put words in my mouth. I said he has a long and storied history of injury problems, YOU brought up the clinical depression and said "Greinke beat it, didnt he?" I didnt poo poo his depression, I told you the main issue with signing him is his injury problem, not his depression. If his only problem was clinical depression, then i would say Hell yes the guy can pitch and if he can remain on the level then I would love to have him. But that isnt the problem, and that is the sole reason why I would not want him on the Sox, he cannot stay healthy and cannot stay on the field. End of story.
-
Official: Omar Vizquel Signs with Sox
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 03:46 PM) The main issue is that Duke suffers from clinical depression. That didn't stop Greinke though, did it? No, that is not the main issue. http://www.google.com/#q=justin+duchschere...aec5b20317085d1 Not even close Season ending injuries to his elbow and hip(multiple times on the hip), clinical depression that kept him out all year last year, the guy is just not tough enough to cut it, which is a shame because he is very talented.
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 12:54 PM) I'd go 80% for Russo, 20% for "I'm Gonna Control This b****". Not that Russo's any better, but a Russo-for-Hogan swap is a lateral move at best. Hulk and Bischoff still hate Russo for coming into WCW and writing them off the screen. Dixie Carter deserves everything that is going to happen with this s*** fest
-
Is anyone as nervous as I am?
QUOTE (ozzfest @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 01:24 PM) Everyone is giving me a hard time about this thread..But I realized you guys are all being just as irrational as you say that I am. This White Sox team is mediocre. And we lost Dye and Thome. Two integral pieces to our offense. Look at the phillies. Look at the yankees. Look at the Red Sox. The cardinals. the angels. the dodgers..we wouldn't be able to compete with any of these teams..the list goes on and on....you guys are forgetting what city we live in.....it's not like we live in milwaukee....we live in a major city with fans who will come to the games if you put a great team on the field. The White Sox only fill up the ballpark when they're good, or when the cubs, yanks or red sox come to town. I think it's sad to see all of you accept mediocrity. Kenny Williams is a win now guy....but he is getting way to fancy....if the world series was really the goal...would reinsdorf have said that jake peavy is our FA signing? How is everyone saying "The offseason has barely begun" irrational?
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 12:25 PM) This starts off sounding promising, but the bolded part spells BAD news for fans of TNA: Hulk Hogan appeared on SportFM in Perth, Australia to promote the Hulkamania tour this weekend and said he's going to listen to the TNA fans and give them what they want. The Hulkster said: "I'm not going to keep shoving a bunch of terrible, horrible, stale programming down their throats. (In TNA), I'm going to take the writers and tell them, 'Go get another job. Sit in the back. If I need you to write a jingle for a commercial, maybe we'll use you for that.'" That was 100% directed at Russo
-
Official: Omar Vizquel Signs with Sox
QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 10:44 AM) he would create moe excitement than Vizquel, but i'm hoping for Duscherer. the guy is just too injury prone. He makes Prior look tough
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 09:07 AM) Here's my thing...Why are people acting surprised? We knew going in this team had a below average offensive line and no legitimate wideouts. Did people really think Cutler was THAT good? That's why I was never on board with the "give 'em whatever they want for Cutler" train. With that said, I'm not saying we shouldn't have made the trade. But we're paying the price now. And without any picks in the first three rounds in next year's draft, it's going to be very difficult to address these obvious flaws. People want to run Turner out of here. I'd rather see Angelo go. Years and years of terrible drafting (in particular our 1st round picks) has killed us. I want to see Angelo, Turner, and Lovie go. And coming from me, that is saying a lot.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 08:02 AM) The Jay Cutler ass kissing is definitely getting annoying. He's no doubt been part of the problem. Im not absolving him of all blame at all. he has definitely regressed, and looks totally gunshy out there. However, I feel like I am watching "how the bears destroyed Rex Grossmans career and soul, Part 2". No O line to protect him, no recievers that can go out and make a play, predictable gamecalling, putting the QB in constant 3rd and long situations, then lets restrict the quarterback and force him into being a "game manager" I know he missed those deeps balls, I am pissed about it too. I just see a guy who is totally losing confidence in what is going on around him, and that really bothers me
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 11:05 PM) Look at his stats, he hasn't been that inaccurate outside of today. There's a bunch of reasons why he has 18 INTs... not all of them have to do with him. Today he looked rattled because he had to keep backing up to get away from blitzers, and you could tell he was trying to be conservative because he was worried about the week before and all those INTs. Mentally he's just all over the place right now. Also, Ron Turner kind of sets him up to fail (awaiting inevitable "you are a Cutler apologist" reply) Im with you 100 percent. It seems like Turner is anti-momentum when it comes to dealing with Cutler. if they make a nice play or have a big pass, inevitably it is run run pass on the next series, and the next thing you know Cutler is at 3rd and 11 and he is forcing it.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 09:14 PM) A lot of negative comments about the field quality. (Parks Dept, you hearing this?) They dont care. Never have, never will. Thats why I said earlier this year that I would be for getting field turf, even though I hate artificial grass. This field is complete s***
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 08:59 PM) I totally agree with this. It's like he's just waiting for Cutler to throw against a nickel package. Thats where I lay the blame in San Francisco too. The playcalling in the red zone is borderline criminal, you can consistently see the opposing defense call out the play that is coming and just stuff it right down the bears throats.
-
AGon discussion, et. al.
QUOTE (Ranger @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 08:08 PM) I think one of my favorite classics is the following exchange: caller: "Why did Ozzie bring in _______ to pitch in the 8th." me: "OK. Who would you rather have out there?" caller: "Anybody!" me: "Such as?" caller: "It doesn't matter! ANYBODY!" No real better solution, just "somebody else" should have been used. The old anybody-is-better-than-what-we-have/used argument. You can also replace the first line in that exchange with "They need to send ______'s ass down to Charlotte and bring up somebody else." Those two calls are interchangeable. It's the notion that it can't any worse than it is currently. But what they don't understand is that, yes, it most certainly could always be worse. haha, I have heard this exchange many times with you.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
Is it me or does Turner put Cutler in the absolute worst situations possible in the redzone? Everytime they reach the red zone, its a run to the middle, a swing pass to the flat, and the next thing you know its 3rd and 11 and Cutler is forcing throws.
-
Official: Omar Vizquel Signs with Sox
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 01:37 PM) I think its probably someone like Justin Speier, or Eric Gagne or Paul LoDuca. oh yuck. Please none of these 3
-
Films Thread
I just avoid all concessions when i go to movies anymore. It really is absolutely ridiculous the amount they charge you for the quality of food you recieve(and I am talking hot food like hot dogs, popcorn, pretzels, nachos as well as the fountain drinks, which apparently all movie theatres agreed no longer need carbonation and require double the syrup....for every flavor and brand). Going to a movie seems just as expensive as going to a baseball game.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
Salukis hanging tough with UNLV, leading 37-34 at the half. I am only listening to the webcast of the game, but Teague sounds like he is going to be very solid. I wish Evans could stop with the silly fouls so he could stay in the game longer, but thats on him. Tony Freeman seems like he wants to take this game on his shoulders
-
Jenks not happy with Guillen commenting about his weight
QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 09:45 PM) With your title, I thought that Oz was asking Jenks to wear a bra. Na, just giving credit to the author, bra