Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...T-sox21.article I dont have sympathy for Jenks here. He has a job that requires him to stay in some sort of shape, and all of the little nicks and knocks that bugged him this year, including the kidney stones, seemed to revolve around his poor overall fitness. Ozzie really didnt said anything different that he hasnt said in the past, I dont know why Bobby feels like he is being scapegoated now.
  2. Super Mario Wii is Super Mario 3 to the highest power.
  3. QUOTE (juddling @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 07:02 PM) Some of the older Saluki alumni will remember La Roma's pizza. I thought it was the best!!!!!! I was more a fan of their 32oz 3 dollar beers then I was of their slices. The slices werent bad, but usually when I was out on the strip I was thirsty more than hungry.
  4. Castro had a pretty good first few seasons at rookie ball and A ball, with a short spell in AA. He is getting all of the hype right now because he started off the AFL on an absolute tear(In his first six AFL games (five starts), Castro hit .522 (12-for-23)), so now everybody knows who he is.
  5. Did anyone see the 2004 Weis hiring press conference that NBC aired at the end of the game? Weis goes "you guys have me standing here because you are 6-5. That is not good enough for you. That is not good enough for the fans. That is not good enough for Notre Dame. And that is certainly not good enough for me."(not verbatim) Pretty funny stuff
  6. QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 05:39 PM) Wise Guys is awesome when you're drunk and I think I have a slice every weekend. But cmon, DiMaggios is the best pizza in C'dale hands down. Ummmm, who? Is that new within the last 4 years? Because when on my extended vacation in Carbondale I cannot recall DiMaggios
  7. Chapman fired his agent and is now with the Hendricks brothers
  8. QUOTE (wsgdf_2 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 01:51 PM) I guess to each his own. I find this story somewhat newsworthy (not entertaining): Ozzie has talked to Vizquel and KW won't clue Ozzie in to whether or not they will sign him. It lets us know a little about how they are currently operating, and also that KW considers Ozzie a leak (I guess no surprise because he's always talking). Rick Hahn and KW won't tell you anything about negotiations until after the fact, so anything they have to say would be of the "We're always on the lookout for a player of Omar Vizquel's caliber" variety. When they say something factual, it will be "We signed him." I cant remember a time that a GM was talking about a player during negotiations or before that player was even courted or signed. It may be known that X team is negotiating with Y player, but you never heard Brian Cashman come out and say "Yeah, we threw 180 million at CC yesterday, lets see what happens". In other words, its always after the fact
  9. QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 12:52 PM) Does anyone have a friend they would change jobs to work with? Anyone they would take their second, third, or fourth place job pick for? Any friend so great they would take a pay cut to work with? How about working with someone because they are also white, Asian, black, etc.? I just never get the "lets get an albino so more albinos will work for us" thinking. When has that ever really happened? With the Sox with Contreras and El Duque(and to a later effect, Alexei and Viciedo), it happened. IIRC Iguchi was comfortable coming to the Sox because of Shingo. Its not a blanket statement, but certain players recently have gone to teams where they feel more comfortable because their countrymen are on that team, and it has happened a few times with the Sox.
  10. QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 09:18 AM) Oh man, Quattros.....I love the deep dish stuff you mentioned you don't care for, but Quattros will always have a special place in my heart. I can't really describe why, but they do for the pan pizza what Pizza Hut could never imagine... And as long as we are talking about Carbondale food classics, I could go for some Wise Guys as well... Of all of the other pizza places in Carbondale, my order of top 4 would be Quatros, Paglaia's, Italian Village, and then Wise Guys. Wise guys had the awesome 20 inch pizza, but when you are s***-hammered drunk that pizza just isnt as good as you thought it was. Other places I absolutely loved were the Bubble Tea place, Don Taco, and El Greco.
  11. QUOTE (spiderman @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 09:00 AM) He'd have to be one of those guys still available after the first month or so of free agency, and it would have to be a 1 year deal at the White Sox value.... so what you are saying is "it aint happenin" Matsui is probably going to want more than a 1 year deal
  12. I dunno guys, I still miss Quatros. and I worked there, you would think I would never want it again. Lou's just doesnt do it for me, nor to Giordianos, or Ginos. Every other "chicago" food I love(hotdogs, Italian beef, etc), but deep dish is just "meh" for me.
  13. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 08:10 PM) It would be a hell of a coup to re-establish a strong pipeline from Japan to go along with our Cuban one. fixed
  14. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 08:07 PM) What pitching could they offer to Toronto that couldn't be topped by other teams? Apparently everyone loves the Cubs minor league SS Starlin Castro
  15. QUOTE (Ranger @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 06:06 PM) At 3rd base? Yes. I'm not talking Gold Glover or anything, but he's probably better and more comfortable over there than Beckham is. However, Beckham is the superior hitter. I agree with you right now. However if Beckham had another full year(2010) at 3rd, I think he would far surpass anything Teahen could do.
  16. oh look, Cowley said so. his sources are so quick
  17. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 03:27 PM) Full Black Friday Video game details: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240530 Yeah, and Gamestop is awful. Don't know why anyone would buy there. used games and console stuff(wiimotes, etc) is really one of the only reason I go there
  18. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 03:09 PM) Am I missing something? Aren't these the standard prices? I believe they're sold for less everyday at Amazon with free shipping. gamestop is so messed up. The counter guy couldnt tell me what games were eligable for trade in for the new SMB Wii 3 weeks ago. Their employees suck too. I dont need some kid acting like he is too good to shoot the s*** about a system becuase he works at a f***ing gamestop.
  19. QUOTE (docsox24 @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 02:52 PM) I don't recall anything ridiculous at our park but I did see something crazy at Wrigley a long time ago. There was a fight that broke out on the ramps going down after the game. Started between a cubs fan and mets fan who threw a beer. All of a sudden a whole bunch of people were fighting At one point I hear someone yell "throw him over". Then I saw some people lift a guy over the railing and toss him down and he landed in the seats below with a thud. He must have fell at least 50 feet. Eventually another guy got tossed over the side. I think the guys ended up paralyzed. It was a really scary moment. If I recall correctly the guys that got thrown over weren't even in the fight, they were trying to break it up. I was right in the middle of it but only about 10 years old. If that happened and some dude got paralyzed then I am amazed that this story isnt well known. Stuff like that doesnt escape the press easily, even if it was a long time ago
  20. The New York Knicks to Allen Iverson, "Not Interested"
  21. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 01:15 PM) they could have a battery of Joe Table and Hank White....i like it! or we could have a Joe Table battery of Omar Vizquel.
  22. haha http://deadspin.com/5409344/tim-lincecum-i...ng-winner-again that boy is baked
  23. QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 11:22 AM) No, actually he is making a valid point, that I think needs to be stressed. Players are bad because they are bad, not because of some inane coaching argument. I'm already not looking forward to the "Alex Rios sucks I blame Walker" threads that are headed our way in 2010. This point has been stressed so much it is broken. It is not valid, now it is dragging into threads that it doesnt need to be for no reason other than to cause another argument over subject matter not pertaining to the thread subject. Just like the needless Rudy Jaramillo reference in the Adrian Gonzalez thread in Diamond Talk.
  24. QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 11:57 AM) I guarantee we'll hear one thing from KW: "I've had my eye on Omar for a long time" well yeah, he wanted him before he signed with San Fran, that was the beginning of the Bruce Levine carpetbombing "i stake my reputation on it" stuff
  25. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 11:37 AM) God, i hope Nix sticks around. I've been tooting his horn for so long, i see so much potential left in him, i would of loved to of seen what he could have done off the bench for us this year. this post took a lot longer than I expected

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.