Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. although his numbers havent changed too much, I never felt comfortable or confident in him coming in this year, he just always seemed like he was hittable. I didnt feel that way too much last year until later in the year when he tired. Im not too down about it, as we always say bullpens are really volatile from year to year and its time for some new blood
  2. QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 08:35 AM) This becomes a definition problem. Trying to develop (pun intended) a definition of what should be reported and choosing to err on the side of caution. Certainly most people will agree that it should not be up to a clerk at Walmart to decide what is, and is not, acceptable. So you give them some standard like "the pictures cannot show a child's genitalia" Seems easy enough. The clerk does not have to make a judgment call, they see a child's genitalia, and turn them over to police. Presumably, to someone with some training and judgment. Then you write a different procedures and laws that outline what should be investigated and what to do while the investigation is happening. It would be a nightmare to discover that a child was being sexual abused in the home while police were investigating, especially if they had photo evidence that something may have been wrong. We'd string them up by their genitalia. So standard operating procedure is remove the child(ren) while the investigation take place. Again, erring on the side of caution. A series of common sense procedures add up to this mess and a nightmare for one family. Everyone doing (what they thought was)the right thing, and it ending up all wrong. IMO
  3. I just dont know what to think. I dont even know that my daughter would be able to comprehend racism at 3, much less be able to tell me about it or have me suspect it. This is the article I am referring to, btw
  4. Wow, Bradleys mom is alleging that Milton is distracted because his 3 year old son is experiencing racism at his preschool. WTF??
  5. i just cant look at that frowny face anymore! All is forgiven in 2010!
  6. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 02:34 PM) I think he's pointing his finger at me. I quit believing in this team after the road trip from hell. I blame you too steve. Sorry, its true
  7. The sale of the Cubs is a microcosm of thier historical futility. Good lord this is taking forever, it seems like the Marlins, Expos, Diamondbacks and every other team were sold and handed over in a week
  8. I think Buehrle's value to this franchise and KWs plan greatly outweighs Konerko's value, Konerkos 1 year(remaining on his) contract holds value to a team that would like to make a run next year. I could see Konerko going somewhere like Arizona, San Fran or even the Angels(they could move Morales to DH or DH Konerko if Vlad leaves) But, a surprise player being dealt is just that, a surprise. KW almost always surprises us, so i am probably way off QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 11:06 AM) Seriously? He had a great comeback year, has put up a .283/.354/.503/.857 line, .311/.393/.516/.909 w/ RISP, will finish around 30 HR, and is finishing nicely with a .973 OPS in September. And, especially with Thome gone and Dye probably gone, he's one of only two guys in the lineup capable of hitting 30 HR, probably. And there is no good 1B option behind him for 2010 in the system. Yes, that all makes his trade value high, but he's also very hard to replace, and his numbers indicate he not only didn't quit, but has been producing even better as the team faltered. ETA: I am not saying he won't be traded, just that I disagree strongly on any idea that now is the time to sever ties with him. Like I said, I dont knwo that he quit, and I dont feel that he did. I just think his plodding style has finally moved KW to a point that he would like to replace him. I certainly wouldnt mind Kotsay at 1B, I think that would be a great replacement
  9. My surprise player is Konerko. I dont know that he quit, I just think that its time to cut the cord.
  10. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 10:54 AM) I think he was with KC actually. Bradley has never played with KC. It was Texas vs KC last year, and the announcer made mention that Bradley wasnt a role model or something like that, and Bradley proved him 100% correct http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3438827
  11. QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 09:48 AM) Apparently Bradley loved playing in Texas and saw Washington as a father figure and what not. Then he took the big money and signed in Chicago. It at least goes to show there is a fit for him....somewhere. Will Ozzie coddle him? No. But Ozzie seemed to give Carl Everett all the space he needed as well. And Everett was incident free in Texas too, albeit with a different mgr Actually now I'm starting to worry that the nearest parallel is not Everett, but rather a ...less benign.. Frank Thomas. I only say that because of the apparent hypersensitivity. Ozzie and Frank clashed-- and if i'm honest with myself--i would fear a larger version of that clash repeating. When Ozzie does clash with someone, it doesnt get mended. What team was Bradley on when he tried to run up to the press box to go after the Royals announcer? I believe that was Texas, so he wasnt exactly incident free like Everett was
  12. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 08:41 AM) This is an interesting topic. Things have vastly changed from the days when parents thought it was "cute" to take naked pictures of their kids in the bath. First, one of those kids was 5 years old, that's getting a bit absurd. Second, am I going to take pictures of my kids, naked, to Wal-Mart where some 18-year-old kid could easily rip them and post them on the Web? Have some brains about the entire situation. Calling in child services was dumb, but so was getting those pictures developed by someone at Wal-Mart. Take them to a kiosk at Walgreens or what not. I highly doubt these parents had this in mind when they developed these pictures. Think of all of the bathtime pictures your parents took of you when you were little, people still do that stuff. Now they have to tiptoe around to picture kiosks to get them developed? Thats ridiculous
  13. 311 - Salsa Derek and the Dominoes - Layla Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here Brand New - Secondary Year of the Rabbit - Lie Down Weezer - I Swear It's True NIN - Vessel 2 Skinnee J's - Girl With the World In Her Eyes God Lives Underwater - No More Love Green Day - Redundant
  14. I know Ozzie loves him and KW has liked him for a long time, I think KW would be smart to try and sign him to a deal
  15. QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 09:03 AM) One would think that the shame of using that language in this day and age would override the psychological harm experienced by the victim. Especially when the victim is a successful, multimillionaire pro athlete. Then again, I suppose that people tend to not feel much shame when they're hammered out of their minds. I don't think that there are any more racists in Wrigley than any other ballpark. I'm more inclined to believe that the storied drinking culture of the Wrigley bleachers has spun way out of control. They seriously need to crack down on public intox there. Maybe they can build a holding cell under the ballpark, like the Eagles had at The Vet. Im pretty sure they have a holding cell at wrigley. They had to hide Bartman down there
  16. you guys should have heard Coop a few days ago when Rongey asked him about this. Coop said "There is no chance that asshole comes and plays here. You got that? That asshole isnt playing here" Not completely verbatim, but VERY close. And he called him an asshole about 4-7 times in a small period of time
  17. Houshmanzadeh hasnt been practicing during the week and Lofa Totupu is playing hurt as well, and Walter Jones is also hurt. This is a game the Bears should win bigtime, this Seahawks team will be a shadow of what it should be
  18. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 01:03 PM) Not even close. Bradley would fill a hole on our team next year. We'd also be making a financially feasible move. Oh, and if you ever have the opportunity to trading an aging, failing relief pitcher who is signed to a horrible contract, for a premium switch-hitting offensive talent who is available for said pitcher, you do it. Hendry trades for Craig Monroe for the hell of it. I have yet to see Milton Bradley fill a hole on any team he has played on, and that includes Texas where he still missed 40+ games. Im sorry you have a massive hard on for the OBP machine that is Milton Bradley, but I have seen plenty of teams destroyed by his presence. And trading dead weight(linebrink) for dead weight(bradley) is trading just for the sake of trading, no matter how your brain absorbes it. Nobody wants Linebrink here, nobody wants Bradley there
  19. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 12:49 PM) He's a brutal GM. He's a guy who trades for the sake of a trade. This is exactly what you are advocating in the Bradley/Linebrink thread
  20. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 12:32 PM) AJ was "Clubhouse poison." Jurassic Carl was INSANE, Floyd was a pushover, and Jenks was a punk. People change in our clubhouse, this might be Ozzie's biggest strength Dude, Bradley has changed clubhouses 7 times, and its about to be 8 times. And its all for the exact same reason, Anger, Anger and more anger. this cat aint changin his stripes. Jurassic Carl looks like a normal person standing next to Bradley.
  21. Bradley will never work in Chicago, either side of town. He was on the defensive the minute he signed his contract with the Cubs in regards to the media, and when he isnt producing its everyone elses fault. That isnt going to change, the reporters are going to hammer the same points, and he is going to freak out again
  22. QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 11:10 AM) depends how bad the sprain is. He's our best dlineman...Harris is just trash now. I think AB will give it a go no matter what, and it was encouraging that he walked off the field as opposed to being carted or half-carried off. Anderson has filled in pretty nicely so far, and Ogun has been at a Pro Bowl level so far
  23. In the Sun Times game wrap up article they mentioned Alex Brown sprained his ankle, so not as bad as I imagined
  24. interesting that Hendry is man enough to do this now, with 12 games left, rather than 3 months ago when it all started. Nothing he said to the herald is any different then what he has been saying all season
  25. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 07:49 AM) You are talking about a new album by Brand New right? Yeah I am. Their band name is confusing to talk about. "Have you heard new Brand new?" "The new brand new what?"

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.