Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 11:05 PM) Major blow to Minny. MAJOR BLOW TO MY FANTASY TEAM! THIS f***ING SUCKS!
  2. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 04:23 PM) Because the season is almost over. Those other guys have been playing every day. This guy has been out most of the year. It just seems stupid to me to trot him out there 5 innings in one or two starts if we can't win the division. If you tell me we still are in the race, fine, I guess. I for one am not counting on what would be probably the greatest comeback of all time. We're running out of games and I just see no reason to pitch him. I guess I'm in the vast minority. I'd rather have him come back in the spring and earn the opening day start, etc., in what most feel could be a much better year for our team. The fifth starter has been out there every day? You wouldnt rather see Peavy pitch than Torres?
  3. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 02:08 PM) Don't forget about his rambo impression when entering to his pyro. The PPV was decent. Surprisingly, Cena/Orton was match of the night. Just a shame at how it ended. Huh, I thought that was his goldberg impression
  4. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 01:38 PM) All you Bears fans should just join me and follow the Silver and Black of the Raiders. *awaits crickets* what do you need crickets for? you have Richard Seymour. I think
  5. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 12:29 PM) By the way, I just want to say well done Lovie. That was a great job in your return as defensive coordinator against a very good Packer offense!!! yeah that preseason Nintendo offense didnt quite translate to the reg season like everyone thought it would
  6. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    Im not pissed or outraged or demanding an apology, but I felt really bad for Taylor Swift. He took away a moment from her that she will never have again, and basically told everyone she shouldnt have won. Whether you like her as an artist or not, thats totally bush league. And I can only imagine what Kanye would actually do if someone came up on stage during his moment and pulled that same s***. He can claim all he wants that he gave Outkast his VMA award because he didnt feel like he deserved it, Outkast didnt have a friend jump up on stage with Kanye and tell him he didnt deserve to win it and that Outkast did.
  7. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 09:28 AM) Thank god. He wouldn't be missed. You will miss the thumbs up thumbs down move. The most terrifying move in all of sports entertainment
  8. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 08:55 AM) I'd like to see em push Swagger into a feud with Cena for a couple of months but it will never happen. My guess is, Batista gets involved somehow now that he's due back. Yippee. Rumors going around that he is strongly considering retiring because he keeps having so many injuries
  9. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 01:26 AM) Do you guys see any rational reason Peavy pitches again this season? We're seven back in the loss column again. What would it prove? He's our No. 1 next season. Great. Let him rest up. What good does it do for anybody to have him pitch? I don't get it. He'll probably sell more tickets with the mystery of Peavy still out there. I really really hope he doesn't get hurt during his start or two. If he is healthy and recovered from his injuries, what is the point of shutting him down?
  10. QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 10:32 PM) I hope to come home from work tomorrow to see an awesome SHIPPS story. It may or may not have to do with ice cream sandwiches
  11. I told Shipps this would happen. You can only hop over the fence so many times....
  12. QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 03:02 PM) I've heard that because of the soccer games played at Soldier Field they can't play on field turf. The soccer games have to be on grass. well they built toyota park specifically for soccer, so use that
  13. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 02:45 PM) Or you can question the veteran leadership on the White Sox as to why he didn't work. Other teams with less payroll had poor chemistry and did a lot of winning. like who?
  14. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 02:39 PM) It doesn't matter. So many teams have so many players that hate each other and still win. Ever hear the stories about Jeter and A-Rod? Yeah, no WS since they paired up but playoffs all years but one and the Evil Swisher is on that team and they will likely lock up the best record in the AL Each team is unique, you cant say if something affects one team it will affect all teams, and vice versa. He didnt fit in, the team didnt appreciate his antics, he was gone and thats it. Plus, Swisher is on the best team money can buy, they can pay over chemistry mistakes that other teams cannot afford.
  15. Lets see what role Courtney has in this before we declare her on the good side. That lady is on drugs AND bats*** crazy. She owns the rights to Kurt, she had to sign off on this
  16. seriously though, installation smell issue aside, Field turf would be safer for the players, and more visually appealing to the national tv audience. Unless the Bears and the CPD get together and decide to hire a real grounds crew(calling Roger Bossard), it is inevitable that field turf is coming. Neither the bears or the park district are going to stand pat while everyone from current players to media to a players poll are ripping on the quality of the field.
  17. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 01:47 PM) Speculation on the way how PK acts. How he called out Podsednik for saying the Sox need to be more intense because the intensity is not there. The way he carries himself. The way he didn't like how Frank spoke his mind and they started fighting(verbally). PK having a problem with Orlando trying to take the leadership role. Just based on how he acts, what has come out in the papers and putting the puzzles together. PK is not the only way who is like this though. Jermaine is very much the same. PK is the face of the franchise though with Buerhle. Ok, speculation. Thats what I thought
  18. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 01:01 PM) No. Rubber smells badly from Field turf. Like really badly. I remember going to St. Ignatius when they installed it...puke. Well good thing I dont have to smell field turf when I am watching it on TV
  19. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 12:53 PM) 1)He's really not a d-bag. The Sox are the only team he didn't mesh well with in the clubhouse. My thinks it has to do alot with #6, or #14 if you will. 2)Very true. Yet, we applaud Rios and want to give him another shot next year. Huh? 3)And how about this year? How about the career? 4)True. So does Adam Dunn whom we all want as DH next year. And we had Thome. Some good players do K a lot. 5)And probably one of the best fourth OF/backup 1B in the league at his worst last year. 6)He's a d-bag that "leaders" of the clubhouse didn't like, particularly Paul Konerko who I think hates when people attempt to take the leadership role from him. Or perhaps hates people who lead in different ways than he does. I'm pretty sure he's the one who also hated Orlando. All in all, he probably doesn't like any loudmouth player who tells it like it is. Players who were their emotions on their sleeve. You follow PK, or you leave, pretty much unless you're Ozzie. and you know this how?
  20. I dont like the idea of field turf, but at this point I have to agree with it. They cannot keep that grass in there, it just doesnt take, and doesnt hold up. People are slipping all over the place and the field looks absolutely atrocious no matter what time of year
  21. The Williams Wall wins. The NFL(read: Goodell) has been defanged
  22. I dunno, this kind of sounds like another part of the Ex Nirvana members vs Courtney Love saga. Why is it ok to use Cobain for just the Nirvana songs? If he is going to be in the game, let him be in the game.
  23. Is it really in bad taste? Are there other unlockable rockers in the game that have passed away/OD-ed/died tragically? Is Jimi Hendrix available? Jim Morrison?
  24. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 08:08 AM) Its hard to bench Dye, but I think you might be right. If the back is as bad as it looks, it is time. Watch Dye's swing on a pitch on the outer half. It is brutal. Its like Dye is sitting on one type of pitch in one exact spot, and if it isnt there he has no chance to adjust and hit it. Watching him fall apart has been very tough
  25. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 06:38 AM) I'm still not 100% convinced that Ryan Sweeney sucks. Im still not 100% convinced this has anything to do with what wite said

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.