Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. I agree Reddy, it looks like someone boiled it or something. There is no way that thing was alive when they found it, it looks like a dressed chicken, it has been gutted
  2. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    One of my favorite movies growing up was Beastmaster. I watch it now, and that movie was straight up corny-bad. But i still love it
  3. Kyyle23 replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    Brand New "Daisy" is not what I expected, but in a good way. I am glad they are not staying formulaic and have tried something a little different. Vices surprised the s*** out of me I also checked out Creeper Lagoon on a whim, and I like what I hear. Dead Mans Saloon is a cool song
  4. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 03:20 PM) the correct answer to this question is Dewayne Wise No that would be acceptable answer option 2. The correct answer is still Willie Harris
  5. I think the Buehrle decision has to be something the coaching staff has talked about with Mark. It is pretty out of the blue, and they never really found an issue with his amount of IP before
  6. QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 02:34 PM) Have you not seen the schedule after these 3 games? Its possible to win 6 in a row after Seattle. Another win against Det, split GB and Minn. 10 wins should be doable. God what is with the f***ing fans here, we're gonna boo our franchise QB on his first incompletion Sunday and give up on the season after 2 weeks. I love it Det Atl Cin Cle Ari Sf Phi Min Stl Did you just move to chicago?
  7. QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 01:50 PM) You mean you're not scared by a super villain who loses his power when the sun goes behind a cloud? I refuse to listen to someone who cannot understand the subleties of flawed supervillains.
  8. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 11:50 AM) Saturday QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 01:53 PM) in the Park I think it was the 4th of July
  9. QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 12:47 PM) Oh yeah, smart guy. . . What happens when the Superman protoplasm Lex Luthor steals turns into a nuclear Superman doppelganger and tears the city apart looking for Mariel Hemmingway?? THEN IT BECOMES THE WORST BAD GUY EVER! THATS WHAT! AND HE IS GOING TO RANDOMLY OPEN HIS MOUTH A LOT FOR NO APPARENT REASON TOO! but at the end, the space junk is gone
  10. The correct answer is Willie Harris. another acceptable answer is "Dont Stop Believing"
  11. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 11:17 AM) Thought it was 2 years. For some reason I was thinking he signed the contract in 06, dont knwo why. Regardless, even better reason to not let Buehrle overwork his arm
  12. we need superman to gather it, and all of the nukes, into a big net and throw it into the sun
  13. QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 10:51 AM) Why would you worry about preserving Buehrle when he may not even desire to keep playing baseball past his current contract? I dont know, maybe because he has another year to pitch on that current contract
  14. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 09:55 AM) Oh, i absolutely agree with you on Floyd, but shutting Danksy and Buehrle down for the hell of it would be a real issue with me again, with Danks and his nasty finger problem, and Buehrle about to go 9 straight years with 200+ innings. The Sox at some point have to make sure that they arent cutting injury time into 2010. The offense has shown no signs of showing up, I totally understand why the Sox would want to protect their SP investment at this point, as tantalizing and close a title is.
  15. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 09:40 AM) I was fine with the Count and Thome moves, but shutting our arms down when we could still legitimately beat the Tigers would really anger me. If Floyds hip is bothering him that much it would really anger me if they kept throwing him out there
  16. Ok, you guys are right. The bunt is worthless and never should be used
  17. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 08:39 AM) From Wikipedia: In baseball, a sacrifice bunt (also called a sacrifice hit) is the act of deliberately bunting the ball in a manner that allows a runner on base to advance to another base. The batter is almost always sacrificed (and to a certain degree that is the intent of the hitter) but sometimes reaches base due to an error or fielder's choice. Sometimes the batter may safely reach base by simply outrunning the throw to first; this is not scored as a sacrifice bunt but rather a single. The Bunt makes the pitcher's job easier, it doesn't stirke fear in to anyone. The Angels are so damn good, becasue they hit .300, rock bombs, and play defense behind an average pitching staff. Thanks for the definition, I didnt know what a bunt was until now
  18. Bunting accomplishes plenty when used properly. It is far from an easy out like Thunderbolt suggests, and although our team spectacularly fails at bunting, there are teams that can use it to their advantage and do so often(Angels)
  19. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 08:00 AM) We're a home-run hitting team in a home-run loving ballpark. Are job should be to hit the crap out of the ball, get on-base, and play well in the field. We should not be giving away outs to advance runners, who can be driven in by actual productive hits. Honestly, i salivate whenever i see someone drop down a bunt against us. It's an easy out. Carlos Gomez/Carl Crawford/Ichiro Suzuki says hi
  20. QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 12:19 AM) Wow, I have no idea where your coming from... I think we can easily win both games as well as lose both, Pittsburgh has a very shaky secondary without palamalu and seattle really isnt all that good. WSF101 always picks to lose and is surprised when (insert team) wins.
  21. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 02:54 PM) I watched Citizen Kane for the first time last night. Granted I was tired, but the movie didn't do much for me. It's considered one of the greatest films of all time. Can someone go into some detail on why it is so good? In my Jr year film class we went over how revolutionary most of his filming style was in the movie. I dont recall the specifics, but he broke a lot of ground with the way he filmed movies and set up shots and even dubbed in audio. interestingly enough, the next movie that we went over in regards to breaking ground on filming style was Raising Arizona. There were like 6 different camera shots that were never tried before that movie
  22. Just wondering why teaching how to bunt better in spring training means that the overall slugging approach is going by the wayside. Everyone is really overanalyzing what Ozzie is saying here
  23. QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 01:23 PM) Ouch so the Sox beat Garza and lost to Sonnanstine....... yep. SHoulda beat Kazmir and Shields, but didnt
  24. QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 01:10 PM) I thought he had a decent year but nothing outstanding. Didn't he pitch in game 3 with Garza in game 4? No, Edwin Jackson pitched a whopping 2 innings in the World Series http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/pitchi...se&type=reg It went Kazmir-Shields-Garza-Sonnanstine I believe
  25. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 01:11 PM) I'm not the only non believer, just the one who gets criticized. i dont see any other "non believers" waving around 10 grand, Mr Moneybags

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.