Kyyle23
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: 2026 NFL thread
Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Disasters Rock the Other Side of the Globe
Its amazing that one earthquake/tsunami leads to 100 deaths, and another one a few years back leads to a couple hundred thousand deaths, when both of the earthquakes were massive. I know everything doesnt always play out the same, its just funny(and in this case certainly not haha funny) how the world works sometimes.
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 09:13 AM) Argue the point. No need to bring me down without offering a decent rebuttal. Did we or did we not scapegoat Swish last year, the same way the Cubs are doing to Bradley this year? Not in my eyes we didnt. I saw the guy suck, pout, and then I heard about his nightlife during all of this. I have no pity for Swisher, he put himself in that position with his attitude, which is exactly what Bradley and his big mouth and angry personality did for the Cubs. These two made themselves the scapegoats. Although you cant really call Swisher a scapegoat, considering the team made the playoffs despite Swisher acting and playing the way he did. The Cubs really cant say the same thing.
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 08:28 AM) White Sox have done it too (Swisher). It's just a natural reaction to cover one's ass, YOur Swisher love is stalker creepy. Its funny that you are basically defending both Bradley and Swisher, I dont get it but whatever.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
I wanted to switch to Uverse when I moved, but it isnt available in my new town. I asked a ATT worker who was working on telephone wires near my house why it wasnt available, and he told me that I lived too close to their main office. I still have no idea what the hell that means
-
How did you find your job?
QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 03:42 PM) I sent him an email and he responded to me. Took a while, but he did. a few years back Leonard Zelig asked me to send him some pocket schedules because he he doesnt live in Chicago. I emailed some random chicago white sox email address I found and he ended up getting the email, and sent me a bunch of schedules and stickers and all kinds of stuff.
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 07:52 PM) How bout the rare big leaguers that actually enjoy a city and realize 120 mill is enough? Didn't Buehrle and Paulie give the Sox hometown discounts? Playing in the NY fishbowl over a team that is always in the hunt in cozy Minnesota would be a stupid choice, but if he wants to make it, go for it. So you think Minnesota is more often "in the hunt" than the Yankees?
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 07:31 PM) yeah, but Chicago looked fantastic in a few scenes.....and Jolie has never looked hotter. For me it is hard to top how hot she was in the movie Hackers.
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 04:35 PM) What's with the my god? I stand my my comment he'd be a moron to go elsewhere like New York. You think NY gives a rats ass about him after he retires? This guy will make a zillion dollars in Minnesota and can do whatever he wants in Minny after he retires. I'm talking about quality of life. Not just sitting around after you retire but making money doing nothing as a legend in Minny. Len Dawson has been a hero on KC TV for decades after playing for the Chiefs. George Brett is a god here and still is making money working for the Royals. I was going to ask you the same thing about your previous post. And Kalapse pretty well explained why he would not be a moron to go to New York. I am pretty sure there is more money to be made in New York doing........well, anything as opposed to Minneapolis. And Mauer will be a legend ANYWHERE he goes, and I am sure wherever he ends up will ask him to do whatever he can for the organization whenever he is done playing. But whatever, if Mauer wants to stay in Minnesota for his entire career, that is his prerogative. He will be a rich man whatever he wants to do. My thought is that Mauer is going to take into account his chances at sustained winning and money, not "I want to stay home when I retire and make money being a legend".
-
How did you find your job?
Brooks doesnt strike me as the type to ignore a letter. Even if he cant do anything for you, I bet he responds to you
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 01:54 PM) It's starting to look like the Rockies are going to leave him off the postseason roster too. Thats just gotta suck for Marquis. 3 teams have done that to him
-
2009 Cubs thread
Wow, Lou just came out and said that the Cubs will replace Milton Bradley next year. Its one thing that it is common knowledge that the Cubs will try and get rid of him, its another issue entirely to come out and say it. It definitely hurts any (tiny) trade value that Bradley has now that they have come out and said they are going to pawn him off elsewhere
-
Jenks, Floyd, Carrasco done for the year - possibly Buehrle
QUOTE (striker62704 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 11:10 AM) I think Sox fans give Cooper more credit than he deserves. If he "fixes" players then why did Vazquez, Aardsma, Masset and MacDougal struggle for us (by varying degrees) and excel else where? Do you think their fans are saying their pitching coach "fixed" them? Why didn't Sisco succeed with the Sox? Sometimes a change a scenery is all that is needed. Sometimes patience, which our organization lacks, IMO. I think we all know Cooper doesnt fix everyone, but his success rate with discarded projects has been very noticeable. He isnt perfect though. And of the list you just gave, I would say Massett is the only one who has really excelled elsewhere. Aardsma started off strong, but tailed off just like he did with the Sox. Sisco blew out his arm, and MacDougal was playing in a pressure free environment and still wasnt all that great
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
Al Sharpton wasnt bad to my surprise. He had a Bischoff feel to him on the mic. although the guest host has worked better than I thought it would, its time to pick a new GM and come up with a storyline for multiple personalities that can last more than 2 shows.
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 06:35 PM) Some of these players don't realize how smart it is to take an offer like that. He'd have 120 million dollars which is plenty. My god. And once he retires, he's guaranteed to actually have something to do the rest of his life, like be a broadcaster, a special liason to the team, or whatever. The team will employ him forever like the Royals do in giving George Brett money for no reason. He signs that contract in Minny and he's set for life money wise and enjoyment of life wise. Hopping from team to team is overrated when you get an offer like he just got. Why leave Minnesota?? It'd very stupid of him. 120 mill is enough. If Mauer didnt take the offer, he wouldnt go team hopping afterwards, he would probably find an equal if not better offer and go play somewhere else for a long time(health provided) The reason he would leave Minnesota would be to win a World Series. If he doesnt feel that Minnesota is going to give it a true shot during his time there, it would be smart of him to explore other opportunities. My god
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 04:01 PM) By the way,Cutler has done the job late in all 3 games driving the Bears to scoring drives,unfortunatly our D couldn't get us the win in week 1. I would put that on Mannelly's ill-advised snap over the defense any time. Jennings may have blown past Payne for the game winner, but they shouldnt of been in the position to make a quick strike like that
-
Films Thread
I watched Wanted last night. Good lord that movie sucked. I want that time back in my life
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
a new couple of words for your wife's ex to stick into his vocabulary: Garnished Wages
-
Zambrano: Sox One of Three Teams He Would Go To
I dont see any way KW trades Peavy to acquire Zambrano. I could possibly see him trying to add Zambrano to the rotation(it isnt realistic, but I could see him trying), but there is no way KW swaps Peavy.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
the onion is rapidly approaching rick roll territory around here.
-
Lyrics and Meaning
This has been on my ipod the last week Creeper Lagoon "Dead Man's Saloon" running down to the dead man saloon/ drinks are wild in the afternoon/ let her cool down so you can sleep tonight/ holding dear to the lifeless champagne/ she has left you with no sustain/ you are slowing down so you can be free again/ tripping out by yourself/ on the great plains/ go and catch all the falling airplanes/ gonna tear that stadium down/ to the ground/ forever asleep/ my soul will keep/ no one hears from the star crossed dry room/ gotta run can wait i'll die soon/ gonna turn my amplifier on/ like a bell calms me down/ the guitar sound/ running down to the dead man saloon/ drinks are wild in the afternoon/ let her cool down so you can sleep tonight/ holding dear to the lifeless champagne/ she has left you with no sustain/ you are slowing down so you can be free again/ i am afraid of the things you do to me/ gonna stand on a hill of sapphire/ son clara who writes in black fire/ gonna turn that orchestra on/ like a bell/ calms me down/ the cello sound/ running down to the dead man saloon/ drinks are wild in the afternoon/ let her cool down so you can sleep tonight/ she has left you with no sustain/ you are slowing down so you can be free again
- Lyrics and Meaning
-
2009 Cubs thread
QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 11:13 AM) Mom claims it was teachers . . . how much do you want to bet this story gets legs and takes off. I cant imagine these teachers are going to be happy being accused of racism on a radio show
-
Dotel Gone At End of Season?!
QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 11:58 AM) Take another look. His WHIP and K:BB took quite a hit this year. Im pretty sure I said I looked at everything. And yep, I did. I understand his WHIP has gone up, and I understand he has been pretty bad. He still was able to maintain some sort of normalcy with his career numbers. and I am in no way advocating that Dotel stays, and havent been from my first post. I was just taken aback by how consistent his numbers are with what his career numbers are, thats all.
-
Dotel Gone At End of Season?!
QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 10:47 AM) Identical??? His WHIP increased from 1.21 to 1.46. WHIP is a much better metric for a reliever than ERA. Look at his game-by-game numbers from last year. He went from borderline-dominant early on to a gas can in August/September. Im looking at everything, not only WHIP, ERA, IP, Runs Allowed, Walks, Homeruns allowed, strikeouts. The numbers are very similar. And I agree, he has been a gas can, but somehow he has been able to maintain his numbers from last season. Maybe it is just his highs and lows evening out, i just must have missed the part this year where he hit a dominant stretch
-
Dotel Gone At End of Season?!
QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 10:21 AM) His numbers has changed drastically since about July of last year. Dude was lights-out before that. drastically? They are almost identical http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/doteloc01.shtml his ERA is actually lower this year(i have no idea how). He dropped off on his K rate a bit, but it was off the charts last year. His walk total increased which is probably why I dont trust him anymore, but there has been no drastic dropoff