Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 02:55 PM) I hope Clausen is ready to be playing for the Browns next year. at this point Buffalo and Tennessee may have something to say about that
  2. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 09:05 AM) I picked up the entire Ozzy collection with one of these scams. To be a stupid child. "No More Tears" was also purchased by me(or my dad, whichever you choose) through Columbia House for my collection
  3. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 11:10 AM) I think the problem lies elsewhere than the QBs. They have nothing to work with. I agree, they took a huge target(Winslow) and traded him before the season, Edwards became a selfish ball dropping baby before he got traded, Jamal Lewis hasnt been able to be consistently healthy. its been a mess in Cleveland for sure. Quinn looked good in his spots last year, and Anderson is surely proving to be Grossman version 2.0
  4. So SHIPPS decided to stop humping legs today.
  5. QUOTE (hogan873 @ Oct 12, 2009 -> 07:19 AM) With iTunes and mp3's available from many other sources, I'm sure CD purchases are way down. I haven't bought a CD in over a year. When you can buy and download a whole album for $9.99, why would you spend $11.99 (at least) plus taxes? I suppose that's why you don't see the Columbia House and BMG ads any more. After reading this I went to the Columbia House website to see if it was still an active company, low and behold the first thing I see on the site is "3 DVD's for 1 dollar!" http://www.columbiahouse.com/ lol
  6. It is hard to believe how bad the Rams are. They are making it look like most of the NCAA top ten could beat them.
  7. QUOTE (beck72 @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 09:09 AM) I agree. If anything the sox should add to the pitching this offseason--be it the bullpen and or a SP prospect that could possibly pitch in 2010. Maybe one whose name rhymes with "Ludson"
  8. I am fairly certain that guacamole from Valli Produce in hoffman estates has addictive properties.
  9. This lady was shot while she was chatting with a friend on a webcam. That must have been horrible
  10. QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 11:00 AM) Certain Cub fans are publicly embarassing themselves, David Kaplan , because they seem to think missing the playoffs totally is better than making the playoffs and getting swept. http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/david-kapl...dinal-fans.html Go Cards. I think if St. Louis wins today, they win the series. Carpenter never has two bad starts in a row, not that Game 1 was really BAD, but just unlike him. NO KIDDING. How can he possibly think that this statement makes sense is beyond me: The St Louis fans arent living with "the hell we have lived with as Cubs fans" because they won the world series in the past 4 years. They may be pissed that they are down 2-0 when it should be tied at the very least, but this isnt a situation where an old lady is holding a "I havent seen a world series game in my lifetime" sign and every fan is crying and holding each other up after the game is over. What an ignorant article
  11. QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:29 PM) I am not going to waste time trying to pull together stats for the tallest midget award for worst 25th man. Wise is not a good baseball player. He can't hit, and I can find lots of guys who can run fast and catch the ball. I am glad a few brief memories have allowed you to identify with AAA roster fodder. I actually went to baseball reference and started looking at players with similar amounts of at bats and games played. Wise really is the 26th out of 25
  12. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:15 PM) This No. 25 man has contributed us to winning games. What part of that statement don't you believe? I've cited some games he's helped us win this year and last. You think his defense and speed can't help a team in the latter innings? Or as a spot starter? Give me a thorough analysis of all No. 25 players; I believe Wise will not be the worst by a long shot. I just don't agree he is a worthless major leaguer. He is not worthless. He's not a starter; he's a damn good sub. I pray he doesn't come back cause I'm sick of people blasting him when all he does is his job. I hope he's gone as well. Give me, without citing his one walkoff hit and one catch, a thorough analysis of why he is a damn good sub here, I will tell you why he is not. Avg .225 OBP .265 SLG% .360 OPS .628 32 hits/142 AB 27 K 4 SB/5 CS
  13. QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 08:56 PM) I thought this was another "ahem" thread. Big disappointment. Never joined the Columbia club. My sister went down that path ahead of me so I already knew the problems. pffffft to you I was the oldest child, so I was the guinea pig. My brother still fell for it too
  14. QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 07:41 PM) You said it brother, right on. LOL
  15. So I was just driving back from dropping my daughter off at my inlaws place and I was listening to the radio, and a song from Metallica(Enter Sandman) came on, and I remembered that Metallica(the Black Album) was one of the first CDs that I ever owned. Then I remembered how I came to own that CD......the Columbia House "8 CDs for a penny!" deal. I started thinking about the music I own and listen to now, and remembered the 8 albums that I acquired for that "deal" (that got me grounded for 3 weeks because my Dad had to spring for the CDs I forgot to return so that my 11 year old credit report wouldnt look bad ). Metallica - Metallica Metallica - Master of Puppets Van Halen - For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge U2 - Zooropa Depeche Mode - Violator Jesus Jones - Right Here Right Now Temple of the Dog and the one total headscratcher, now and then, Color Me Badd - C.M.B I know you guys did it too. Everyone I know did the same damn thing, we all got in trouble because we were all like 11 years old and none of us knew that it was a scam to basically force you to buy albums, and none of us could pay for the albums when the bill came and eventually, the bill collector called and talked to Dad or Mom. Im not going to say these albums define me and what I listen to(especially C.M.B., well, maybe not....), but looking at them and thinking about the kind of music I listen to now, it kind of makes sense to me in a strange way that these albums were the very beginning of how music shaped my brain, more or less. Im just interested to hear any Columbia House/BMG Music stories and first purchases. *on a side note, the first album I had sent to me after my CDs came(and I didnt cancel the monthly sending of the CDs) was Red Hot Chili Peppers "What? hits"
  16. The online needs some moderation, the cheaters make it no fun. I just dont get it, whats the damn point of not racing for 3 laps then doing whatever to make your kart jump to the end of the race? Isnt the racing the fun part?
  17. The best part of the Wii version is that you get a course from pretty much every edition of the franchise. And you can play with the Wii Wheel, nunchuk, classic controller, or gamecube controller, whichever one makes you feel more comfortable
  18. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 03:47 PM) Small moments?? My god. Those were all huge moments. I agree he's not a starter. I do not agree with those who say he doesn't deserve to be a 25th man. He has some value in that role. Are all 25th people on a roster stars? Wise can help a team. Is he a 400 at bat guy? God no. my god. my god. my god. Yes, 1 catch, no matter how big at the time, is a small moment. Did that catch propel the Sox to greatness this season? Did his walkoff hit change the course of the franchise? No, they didnt do s***. Im not going to get all weepy eyed and act like 1 walkoff hit gives Wise my eternal thanks, and who gives a care if it against the Yankees or Royals? It doesnt matter, in the end, the Sox had a mediocre-bad season, and part of that was starting Wise in center at the beginning of the season. Im sorry that you and your god want to annoint him the best 25th man this year, but last I checked those awards were given about the same respect as Mr Irrelevant in the NFL. How much respect is that? None. My god.
  19. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 03:32 PM) Just me? And I dispute your claim he shouldn't be on a ML roster. As 25th man, he's great value as he proved late in the perfect game. He is good on D (didn't he throw out a Cub at the plate to save another game?) is fast and has value on the basepaths there. He should be on somebody's roster. I agree with you he's not a starter. Oz puts him in for defense and he immediately saves a perfect game. That's value right there. Didn't he also rip a home run last postseason vs. the Rays? I remember him hitting a blast against somebody that mattered. Give me a list of every team's 25th man. I'm sure many suck as badly as Wise. You get far too caught up in small moments over a 6 month span.
  20. The Arena league and XFl arent even close in comparison, the AFL was around for 21 years before their little bankruptcy problem, and again is coming back after a little "remodeling".
  21. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 02:21 PM) Allah Akbar is God is Great. Crap, now I am a terrorist. We knew it all along
  22. How the hell did they know he stored a knife in a compartment in his car? They went after him deliberately
  23. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 12:10 PM) His career numbers indicate he should have never reached a major league roster. It's Ozzie fault that he never held Wise to the same standard that he held everyone else on the team. So you agree, he was put into an impossible situation by Ozzie
  24. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 11:55 AM) Please, explain to me this impossible situation. All he had to do to hold down a job was hit, major league baseball players hit, Dewayne Wise can't hit. Therefore, Dewayne Wise is not a major league baseball player. I would say the impossible situation was Ozzie declaring him the CF starter. Everyone, probably including Wise deep down, knew he was a marginal bench player and wasnt supposed to be counted on to be the starting CF. He was, and he did what everyone thought he would, hit poorly. Players in baseball have roles, every one of them. Wise was stuck into a role that his career numbers dictated he should not have been.
  25. who was that poster that was in Wise' corner earlier in the season, cant remember his name

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.