Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 11:03 AM) Figures the two softball players would point this out. There are a lot of low liners out to the outfield and they are catchable but routinely dropped at the same time because of the difficulty and where the ball is coming in versus your eye line plus lights. Add the white towels and 50,000 screaming fans and it get that much harder for an amateur. Holliday made a bad play but s*** happens and he shouldn't be villified for the error. damn jas, gotta out me like that?
  2. lol, sportsbybrooks.com has a couple of wikipedia edits recently applied to umpire CB Bucknors page by red sox fans due to some blown calls last night
  3. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 11:22 PM) Nowhere near as important, obviously you are correct there. But he dropped a popup that most people on this board could have caught, which directly turned what should have been a 1-1 playoff series into a 2-0 series that might be a sweep. How far the Dodgers go will determine how much it's remembered though, I will admit that. And who doesn't remember "Merkle's boner"? Best named play ever. I hope they are, for Thome's sake. Im not saying that he shouldnt have caught the ball, but that wasnt a weak popup to left, that was a line drive that hung in the lights. Popups drop to the ground, not hit you in the stomach As a professional, he should have made the catch, no doubt. This board is not a bunch of professionals, and I think there would be plenty of dropped balls. back to your regularly scheduled hyperbole
  4. A roid/amphetamine jab at Rios, nice
  5. QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 12:10 AM) Good games for the Wii for a 6-year-old boy? Animal Crossings is pretty popular across the board with kids. Mario Galaxy, Mariokart, Boom Blox, Wii Sports Resort, MLB Power Pros. I will PM you if I think of more
  6. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 04:24 PM) I know this kind of complaining is old hat, but my god do i hate Chris Berman. His antics make everything he's in unwatchable if i have to hear him scream f***ing, "WHOOP!" everytime a player dodges a f***ing defender, i'm going to freak out. and just think, you are only 20. I have been listening to him do the same tired bulls*** act for probably 10 more years than you
  7. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 03:16 PM) Can anyone explain to me why Matt Millen is considered an expert analyst on ESPN?Are they that desperate?Do they not realize that he had the worst 8 year tenure in NFL history?31-97 is really bad and I can't understand how anyone can take his word seriously. But then again when one of your longtime NFL experts was über scrub Sean Salisbury and NBA "experts" Steven A Smith and Greg Anthony,I guess that's to be expected. I hardly watch ESPN,I mostly watch the NFL Network or MLB TV but I occasionaly will watch ESPN to see what stupidity they are spewing. Come on man, look at our gameday analysts and announcers during the actual games. Tim Ryan? Bryan Baldinger? Bryant Gumbel? I dont know what the qualifications are.....
  8. This article and accompanying photo made me giggle http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/the-hangover...wins-alds-26394
  9. QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 02:51 PM) Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is speculating..... Isn't that the whole thread?? The original title indicated Mat Gamel was available, which is why I changed the title to "discussion"
  10. Im never jealous of Dan Snyders moves. Time and time again he spends as much money as he can without thinking about scheme, chemistry, situation, etc. Until he allows someone else to make the football decisions there, he will screw it up
  11. The Most Hopeless Franchise in Football
  12. QUOTE (DGSOXFan14 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 12:06 PM) I used to be a huge fan of Dallas McPherson when he was gonna bust out in the bigs, maybe I should start that bandwagon again... I agree on Brandon Wood, I think he has been hyped for like 7 years now and still has yet to do anything in the majors... Back to McPherson though, he was All-Universe in AAA and now he is begging for a minor league job somewhere. I dont think he will ever be anything in the MLB but my god look at his career AAA stats: 7 Seasons: G 608 PA 2622 AB 2273 R 436 H 673 2B 138 3B 35 HR 150 RBI 498 SB 78 CS 30 BB 308 SO 708 BA .296 OBP .384 SLG .586 OPS .970 TB 1331 Pure awesomeness, and especially his 2004 season between AA and AAA: G 135 PA 586 AB 521 R 107 H 165 2B 36 3B 14 HR 40 RBI 126 SB 12 CS 8 BB 57 SO 169 BA .317 OBP .387 SLG .670 OPS 1.057 TB 349 I only bring this guy up again because even at the time of his huge boom onto the baseball scene would I give up a proven top of the rotation young and cheap player for him? No. There's too many variables and issues with prospects, and don't get me wrong I LOVE prospects, but you cant have enough good SP especially at Gavin's age and skill set. Gamel might be good one day but Ill take a proven Gavin who is only going to get better with time. IIRC MacPherson started having some back issues that derailed his career.
  13. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 08:50 AM) The Onion does it again... ESPN Completely Misses Brett Favre Vs. Green Bay Packers Storyline someone at a chinese newspaper is preparing to put this as front page news on the sports section
  14. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 11:01 AM) Seriously, people are still talking about Brandon Wood? He's been putting up great numbers in AAA and bad numbers in the big leagues since I had like 50 posts on this board. His last name is wood, and that is enough for me because I want to wear an awesome shirt that says "WE GOT WOOD!"
  15. http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf...om_is_shot.html This should have some interesting discussion
  16. If contracts werent gauranteed, then we would see things like in football, crazy upfront signing bonuses, insane incentive clauses, etc. The agents would figure out little ways to get their guys paid
  17. Amid all of this PS3 and Xbox discussion, if anyone would like to join in on a mariokart session with me and about 8 others, PM me. no need to hear from the peanut gallery, you guys all have made your wii disdain obvious
  18. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 07:50 AM) after how much hes helped the Halos this year, hes not gonna come cheap, and I think chances the Sox can spend the $$$ to sign him are slim to none If you take "Halos" and replace it with "Yankees", then this is the same reasoning everyone used last year for why he would not come cheap
  19. http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/10/0...akes/index.html 4 large quakes(16 in total, the rest were considered moderate) in less than 11 hours, tsunami warning issued then lifted.
  20. Sorry Marty, there is no indication that Gamel has been made available, had to change the title to one a little more appropriate
  21. QUOTE (docsox24 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 01:20 PM) Start with the fact that Verlander is just reaching his prime and had his best season and is a horse. Continue with the fact that Peavy pitched in the best pithing park in baseball and in a crap league, which certainly helps his stats immensly. I didnt realize that Peavy was past his prime and that Petco delivered him his cy young. Werent his numbers significantly better on the road than they were in Petco over his career?
  22. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 12:30 PM) True. The losing manager of last night's game could be second guessed on a lot of stuff. Like why not pitch Nathan two innings? Lots of strategy I can't remember right now. It's part of the game. I do think most people realize those 2 managers are pretty darn good. Well Nathan wasnt on the losing team, so the losing manager didnt need to worry about his innings except hoping that he is not going to pitch for a long time
  23. I just read a rumor that Rowdy Roddy Pipers cancer has returned, and they are saying it may be terminal and he has a short time to live. Hopefully this rumor is not true
  24. QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 10:49 AM) You have the first name right, but the correct guy you are talking about is Eugene Robinson. My bad, you are totally right.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.