Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 10:40 AM) I'm sure he left a decent amount of money on the table. He was wanting to get paid a little more than what Heyward-Bey got. Eugene Parker(his agent) and that whole clown crew didn't help the whole process. They seemed to be waiting and hoping the 49ers lost so that Crabtree would have more leverage, but after a 3-1 start, they gave up and signed. having guys like Deion and Michael Irvin as "advisers" certainly didn't help, surprise surprise. Dont forget MC Hammer. Im surprised that players in the league trust Eugene Parker as their advisor/agent. That dude was arrested for soliciting prostitution on the eve of his superbowl appearance with the Falcons, this isnt the guy you want to trust your career with.
  2. Wow, they were giving Brendan a lot of snaps on defense. The Bears wanted no part of that
  3. QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 09:01 AM) dude has some effed up ears. he has broccoflower ears
  4. Who is injured on the Ravens?
  5. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 09:08 AM) How so? What did we gain from that? We found out the man can drink and not get in trouble. Thats how
  6. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 08:24 AM) Unless he wins the big one, the rest of his career. Didnt he already do that with the Marlins?
  7. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 08:14 AM) What's great about this game 163 is that it wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the White Sox playing their asses off against the Tigers. We battled when we had no reason to battle. The Twinkies owe us a hell of a lot. I would of loved to see that "battle" up in Minnesota more than once or twice this year.
  8. I wonder if Crabtree changed advisors or just told them to STFU. I am interested to see if he left any money on the table with this deal
  9. It pissed me off hearing Orlando Cabrera say "This is the greatest game I have been a part of...." F*** YOU
  10. So, the Tigers lost the division amid questions that Cabreras drunken condition cost them the last series of the year. How long does this story fester?
  11. Braylon Edwards got LeBron-ed out of Cleveland.
  12. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 03:26 PM) whos gonna play 1b/dh during the 30-60 games he misses due to injury? Kotsay
  13. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    I saw the extended preview for "The Men Who Stare at Goats" the other night on Spike. It is safe to say that I really want to see that movie
  14. Sure he was. He still didnt suck in 2009, far from it. Mediocre, yes. But he didnt suck
  15. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 01:52 PM) Dotel was not fine. Dotel is way overpaid. Some nights he had it, many he didn't and completely sucked. He's not reliable and I hope he is shipped out. His numbers say he was fine. More than fine last year. A little less than fine this year, but solid nonetheless
  16. QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 01:49 PM) I don't think the Giants are getting much love here. Even if they haven't played the toughest teams, they're pretty damn good. Their o-line is the best in the league, imo. Eli's plantar fasciitis is going to be big question mark for them now, though. As Sox/Bulls fans know, that injury can be pretty bad (though Eli's doesn't sound as serious as it could be). I dont know, he looked like he was shot in the foot on Sunday when he let loose that pass.
  17. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 01:49 PM) I didn't mean to say that is what you inferred. I'm saying Carrasco was great in his role and a valuable member of the team. I admitted I was wrong on Carrasco but not wrong on any other of the former KC relievers who sucked with the Sox. Dotel was fine. So yes, you were wrong there too And whats the point of this fantasy scenario where Thornton is closer and Carrasco is his setup? Does it further your point about Dye?
  18. QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 01:26 PM) I have lightened up on Rios and I hate former Royals pitchers. I've admitted I was wrong on Carrasco and that he is outstanding in the role he has. Certainly you do not want him in an expanded role to where he takes over Thornton's role when Thornton becomes the closer? Oh sure greg, that is pretty much exactly what I said and inferred
  19. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 11:41 AM) All of the 4-0 teams have had some weak opponents to date. Can't blame it entirely on schedules. Im not discounting the possibility that the Vikings are the best team in the league, Im just not gonna hand it to them right now, and part of the reason is the schedule. They will play better opponents soon, it will all even out. If they are as good as ESPN and the Favreites think they are, it will show.
  20. Yeah i am also wondering how Prophet Favre will hold up over an entire year having that surgically repaired arm slammed into the turf.
  21. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 11:02 AM) Yeah, didn't he ask for a Whopper or something? LOL. I loved that part - not the fight, but him looking down at his boss and demanding a cheeseburger. Roy kind of comes off like a dick though. He needs to not act like a dick and instead become a lovable fat guy who just wants to rub bellies with people. Oh, another idea: when they show promo videos of Nelson mistboxing, they should have him like hold a burger in each hand, and as his hands come back to his body he can take a bite. So he'd be like mistboxing with burgers. That would be awesome. He should just come out in the King Hippo attire and go with that
  22. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 10:41 AM) I think he could be. Nelson really needs to work on his wrestling though. Think about this: 1. Roy gets the takedown 2. Roy rubs his sweaty belly all over his opponent, then jiggles it until his nipples end up in his opponent's mouth 3. As Roy's opponent wildly flails his limbs looking for some kind of help, Roy grabs an arm and gets the sub 4. Roy celebrates by doing the Kamala belly smack thing, then during the post-fight interview he talks about all his sponsors (Hormel chili, Kraft Macaroni and Cheese, BallPark Franks, etc.) and how hungry they make him Seriously, people would love that. It wouldnt be so funny if it didnt really happen like that, but you nailed the entire Kimbo fight with this scenario. The only difference is that he doesnt have sponsors, but he still talked about how hungry he was and that he wanted food after the fight
  23. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 10:31 AM) I realize Nancy didn't produce as well as other league organists but she helped us win it in 2005. Lets stop bashing her since maybe she was just having an off year. How come there aren't other threads bashing other organists? I appreciate what she has done and think she will have a good comeback year in 2010. They should fire her organ instructor
  24. I wonder if they are going to try and get a replacement or if they are just going to can her recordings and play them like they usually do at the appropriate times
  25. dont get me wrong, that packer O-line is atrocious, but Allen was quite a force. Ryan Grant, 1 year wonder or gonna rebound?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.