Kyyle23
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: WILDCARD: 9/30 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT
Everything posted by Kyyle23
- And "it" begins once again
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:38 AM) If Garza re-signing means Emery is back, I cannot believe the Bears would let Phil Emery select another head coach. I really don't think it is any sort of proof that Emery stays. I think it is a formality one year deal for a team leader that has been around for a while. If he started slinging around multi year deals, I would get worried
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:41 AM) I believe UM still has to pay his buyout but obviously they cannot give them picks. And the buyout is really not a big deal. NFL teams are printing money, it's not like SF is strapped for cash. The picks are the important thing
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:35 AM) I think it's the other way around. If he is fired he goes to Oakland. If SF wants compensation he goes to Michigan. If NFL teams are allowed to openly bid on his services that is bad for Michigan. They need him to sign to today. The compensation will be in the form of draft picks, I don't think SF is going to hold on to him so people will send them money compensation. The thing is, San Francisco can do what they want, he is under contract. If they are really concerned about him going to another NFL team, they are gonna force that team to pay out the nose. If he is going to sign with UM, well they might as well fire him because UM cannot offer any sort of compensation. I'm curious how they can get reassurance that he signs with UM though. I suppose they could fire him and he can say "haha suckers, I'm going to Oakland/Chicago/whoever"
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 10:12 AM) SF must really be blocking his movement in the NFL if he isn't even going to get a chance to listen to offers. The way I look at it, if he is fired he is going to UM. San Francisco is going to want compensation if he goes to another NFL team
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
I still find it strange how Trestman fell apart, I know the cfl is a different beast but the skills of leadership shouldn't be that different
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 09:37 AM) And the high paid offense scored 30+ points exactly zero times. Fact is, all 3 phases sucked and they are all connected. If the offense could sustain an early 7 minute drive, maybe the defense doesn't get trampled on. If the special teams doesn't return every kickoff out the end zone and get tackled inside the 15, maybe the offense can be more aggressive and run the offense better. Lest you forget the inevitable holding penalty on the return by Senorise Perry
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 08:58 AM) While right, you're also wrong. Cutler couldn't keep the offense on the field. Many times, going 3 and out or having a costly turnover so the defense had to march right back out there. The offense was supposed to carry this team, it didn't and a large part of that is Cutler. Also, who's going to coach the Bears next year and suddenly fix Jay Cutler? It's not right and wrong, it's a bad team all around. I'm not absolving Cutler of blame, a large share of it is his own. I'm just disagreeing with LDF that it all falls on him. and lets be real here, that defense is tissue paper weak. Even if Cutler could score more points, look at that bulls*** I just posted. That doesn't have to do with Cutler. He actually had an amazing first half against the Packers and it didn't make a damn bit of difference, Rodgers started the game hitting something stupid like all of his first 15 passes.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
http://chi.scout.com/forums/1752-halas-hot...trestman-tucker 7 of the top 15 most efficient passing games against the Bears happened against Trestman and Tucker in the past two years. That doesn't fall on Cutler
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 08:09 AM) What sources @JoePequenoCBS5: Source says, Harbaugh will tell SF team after Sunday's game and be introduced Tuesday. Once again, nothing signed, but UM confident.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
Josh Smith led Houston in shot attempts in his first game because of course he did
-
(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead
Local "celebrity" Car Dealer Al Piemonte, 83
-
Happy Holidays Soxtalk
QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 11:44 AM) F*** you, Kyle. And a merry christmas was had by all
-
speaking of Hahn
QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 11:08 AM) EDIT: I know you are new here and all, but this is a pretty intelligent site all and all. If you want to talk about firing a manager in your first post here, you had better come ready to carry some weight as to why. I may be new here, but I ain't no whippersnapper and I ain't no troll. I started watching/listening to White Sox baseball when I was about 9 or 10yrs old and this Feb I will be 69yrs old. I seen every manager from the 50s to date and Ventura is one of the worse we have had. Yes, personality does count, and he has zero, you want the Sox to be front page of the funny papers? You gotta have a spokesman who commands attention. Remember Ditka? The best part of those years was watching him, he kept the team in the funnies. Most of you guys are still wet behind the ears compared to me, so please don't opine me that I don't know what I'm talking about. thanks, douglas The personality of the manager is really as irrelevant as Ditka is now. Its time to stop pointing to Ditka as if he is the only crowning achievement that this town has. Quenneville, Guillen, Phil Jackson have all won titles in Chicago since Ditka won a title, and they didnt all act like raging assholes in order to win titles. You want your manager to win games, The End.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 10:52 AM) Funny how the Rose snark has subsided the last 12 games no? His entire narrative was "The old MVP Rose is gone people, get used to it, this will not be the same Rose". He could still be right, but after each passing game it looks like he will be wrong.
-
2014-2015 MLB off season player movement and rumors thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 10:25 AM) Washington NationalsVerified account @Nationals The #Nats have agreed to terms w 2B Dan Uggla on a Minor League deal w an invitation to Major League Spring Training. how the mighty have fallen.
-
And "it" begins once again
You should try to pronounce it
-
And "it" begins once again
WHY DID I BUY ALL OF THAT STUFF
-
speaking of Hahn
QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 10:05 AM) I'll go with troll as well. Anyone that is 68 years old and thinks Ventura and aj are the problems/answers well..... im just pointing out that its funny that a guy who likes to mimic greg calling out someone else trolling is interesting. And if you have ever listened to the score after Sox losses, the opinion that AJ and Robin are the answers and problems is certainly not unique among older people
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 09:56 AM) Part of that was injuries. I wonder how much he would have played with a healthy front line. There is no doubting that he has taken advantage of the injuries. I think he would have pushed his way in no matter what, the injuries just accelerated it. This guy is something special, all of his teammates keep saying it
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 09:49 AM) Everything his first week "confirmed" that. Remember first preseason game when Friedell was tweeting that Niko was raw as hell? Friedell and Cowley both proclaimed that Niko would be getting a Thibs "redshirt" season. Both were very wrong
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 09:28 AM) He could be starting on about 20 teams and easily average 18/8 at an efficient rate. I think his rebounding has surprised me the most. Everything i read about him prior to this season was "soft, euro-style defense and rebounding". It has been anything but, he gets down and dirty and uses his size very well. He isnt perfect, but he is really fun to watch
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
Niko made his last two 3 pointers vs the knicks last week, since then he has made 13/19 from behind the arc.
-
speaking of Hahn
QUOTE (ron883 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 08:13 AM) Obvious troll is obvious interesting take from yourself
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 08:57 AM) It says in that article a couple of times that Dallas would need Detroit and Green Bay to tie. you mean like the second paragraph when it says this or the third paragraph where it says this