Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Evan Longoria
QUOTE (coco1997 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 10:32 AM) Would not be at all surprised if Hahn is in the midst of this Rays/Padres deal. Supposedly the third team is Washington
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 09:39 AM) Yes, and I hope they give him more time. His last draft was what I expected him to do. I think it took him a while to clean things up before he could start rebuilding. I think any draft that includes Mack will be considered a success In other news, Matt Spiegel just said that Andy Pollin(ESPN 980 Washington DC) is reporting that Dan Snyder is interested in Cutler and would consider swapping firsts and Kirk Cousins. Pleaseohpleaseohplease Dan Snyder be Dan Snyder-y
-
US to start full diplomatic talks with Cuba, open embassy
can you blame them?
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 09:12 AM) The Raiders are dysfunctional, but I don't think they are that far off from being a good team. I think their last draft has the chance to be a great one. Thats because you are cheering for McKenzie
-
Evan Longoria
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 08:49 AM) If the Sox are going to burn prospects in a trade, why not make a bid for Myers? He is a stud controlled for 5 more seasons. It's a core piece you could only hope guys like Anderson and for that matter A. Garcia turn out to be. Eh, Myers hasnt really hit that stud level yet. He is more of a tease so far, and seems to be injured a lot.
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 09:02 AM) I love the term hackers because it's so broad. This group or whatever has the ability to bypass Microsoft security to get into an exchange server. And because of that, I ammto believe they can also conduct a large terrorist attack in the Us? Help me connect the dots there. They believe that the "hackers" are North Koreans that are mad about The Interview. DPRK is crazy. Dots connected. You have to believe there is some sort of credibility to that rumor that NK is involved if Sony is allowing the cancellation of all of these premiers.
-
Evan Longoria
QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 07:41 AM) Uh, no you don't encumber yourself to $120 million until they are 37 after you've basically spent your budget. That's because the only way you have a chance to win by not using young players is to have a Yankees type budget. The best chance is to be like the Cardinals. Yankees-lite has little chance. The Blue Jays traded their best young players 2 years ago and it got them nowhere. their only savior is that their farm continued to churn out more talent. And they still haven't done much. I will also ask is it mere coincidence that he's on the block the year after he sported a .724 OPS? You dont. I do. And I dont use another team as an excuse to avoid adding an elite player
-
Evan Longoria
QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 07:26 AM) Mike, what are the Wil Myers' rumors? Tks. Going to the Padres http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/padr...yers-trade.html
-
Evan Longoria
QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 07:00 AM) Kris Bryant? There is talk that he projects as a LF as opposed to a 3B
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 06:06 AM) Steve Kerr is a smart man for going to GS instead of this s***show. Kerr knew how bad it would be, he saw that stuff courtside for years as an analyst.
-
Evan Longoria
QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 09:34 PM) Not happening. Look, the Sox are going to have to use their young players in spots. All good teams do. It's up to the Sox to develop some. That's how we got Eaton - developed a young pitcher and traded him. It will start with 2B. You just can't force everything. The other issue is what if this team doesn't click. What if unforseen weaknesses develop. Have to leave yourself some room. I know you have been on a "keep and develop the kids" crusade all offseason, but if Evan Longoria is possible (not saying he is, just supposing) than you do this every time and don't look back. That being said, I don't think this will happen
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 17, 2014 -> 02:34 AM) Does Sony negotiate with terrorists? I've never thought of companies having such policies. It's a unique situation. It started as the hackers leaking emails and movies, now it has become 9/11 type threats. I am not really sure what is gonna happen
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
Derek Fishers 5 man substitution against Dallas was f***ing hilarious. Melo looked SO SALTY http://ble.ac/1syqyEu
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 10:04 PM) The Interview may get postponed due to threats from hackers. They also just leaked Chappie and Pixels. The North Koreans are really pissed about that movie
-
Sox sign Melky Cabrera
Melky is getting outta dodge before the cold sets in
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 07:33 PM) What the hell is that thing? That is an Al Davis offspring
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 06:59 PM) Oakland. Let's be real here, would you work under this doofus knowing full well how dysfunctional that organization is? And yes, I know the Bears are currently dysfunctional, but JESUS LOOK AT THAT MANS HAIR
-
2014-2015 MLB off season player movement and rumors thread
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 05:43 PM) Why would TB trade Wil Myers? Probably because he has been an injury prone tease more than a productive player
-
2014 Films Thread
Alice in Wonderland is getting a sequel too. Technically it was a sequel, really. It was Alice returning to Underland
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
@411wrestling: Raw hits lowest viewership in two years #WWE #RAW #WWENetwork
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Singletary is not head coach material. I don't think he is a HC ever again
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 03:57 PM) What does this mean? We had a former poster that was a big SF fan, went by the name SOXOBAMA. He posted in all caps, got real mad if you dared think SF would lose, and then started spinning stories about how he was this firefighter in San Fran that restored old cars and went to see all of the games with great seats. Well, one of those stories got busted out and then he got a little mad about it. It was a fun time
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 03:48 PM) I'm not gonna lie. I was feeling pretty good about the Bears when they beat San Fran. And now SF gets to sit at home too. With their classic car rebuilding firefighter fans
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 03:30 PM) I get one complaint - there's definitely a resource issue here, if you're a fan of big-budget, action blockbusters that aren't comic book movies or are standalone, that does seem to have been crowded out a bit by studios unwilling to take risks. I think it's just the cycle. In the late 80s and 90s you couldn't escape Seagal/Arnie/Sly/Van Damme. Those guys dominated the theaters and THEY were the ones crowding out the other movies. The other movies are there, the Mission Impossibles, Fast and Furious, expendables, etc. people just aren't that into them anymore. I caught The Escape Plan the other night and couldn't get through it. You can keep that crap
-
Sox to introduce Samardzija, Robertson, Melky on CSN
QUOTE (Knuckles @ Dec 16, 2014 -> 03:31 PM) Royals just released Moises Sierra. Have to make room for THE Alex Rios