Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Hamburgers
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 11:56 PM) Wait an hour and it won't feel as good. At least that is my reaction to anything but a mcmuffin at McDonalds. lol i know what you are saying. Although I still have a strong addiction to big macs, and I will deal with the stomach issues
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
@MarkSchanowski: How about Thibs revealing Pau Gasol addressed the team following gut-wrenching loss to Dallas. That's what leadership is all about. It cannot be understated what he has added
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 12:57 PM) I'd guess Taj out until late this year. Yea, he has sprained that ankle 3 times in 6 months. That kind of thing needs time
-
2014 Video game thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 10:09 AM) Got my Wii U last night. The ability to control my TV/satellite receiver, and switch between playing a game on the TV or on the gamepad, is amazing. I was rocking the Bulls game, Illini game and Mario Kart all night. Did you set up TVii? I havent touched it since I set it up, seems like a nice idea, but just not functional on a day to day basis. We use the youtube app all the time though, my boys love it
-
Strangest things in your house
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 11:02 AM) Wolf spiders are fast. I had one charge at me while I was at work. One time in college we were roadtripping through the shawnee forest, and a tree fell in the road. Me and my two buddies got out of the car and picked up the tree and moved it to the side and got back in the car. We started driving and i looked down and there was an orange(pumpkin orange) spider about the size of a quarter on my thigh, with its front legs raised like it was going to attack me. I have never screamed so much like a little girl in my life. The car was going 15 MPH and i opened the door and jumped out and started running and fell and rolled. My friends still wont let me live that down, but damn
-
Strangest things in your house
We used to have camel crickets in Carbondale. they are hideous, terrifying, and harmless, but they never go away
-
Hamburgers
QUOTE (Tex @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 09:20 AM) I lived on Washington St in Des Plaines for a few years. Went to North School for 2nd, 3rd, and part of 4th. I dont know where my dad went to Grade school (pretty sure it was a catholic school, he talked about Nuns giving him the business when he was bad, just dont know where). He was a Maine West grad though
-
Ray Rice Cut and Suspended Indefinitely
Vick also had some game left in him, and a lot of people doubt that Rice can still be the explosive back that he used to be.
-
Hamburgers
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 07:08 AM) Paradise Pup on River Road in Des Plaines. That place is the best My dad talks about that place, he grew up in Des Plaines and always goes and hangs out with buddies there
-
Brandy, Mandy, Angie, Cecelia, Michelle . . .
Layla
- And "it" begins once again
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 08:49 AM) I guess Shaq was a little off when he said Gasol was done. Shaq is weirdly bitter about certain players. I still am not really a fan of him on TNT, i think they tried to recreate Barkley and it just isnt the same
-
Brandon Beachy and Kris Medlan
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 12:48 AM) I'm sure Medlen would like a 1-year deal to regain his contractual value. Let's sign him for 1 year, then flip him midseason for prospects. will he be ready in time to establish value? I thought i read both him and Beachy are looking at mid season returns from TJS
-
Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 07:33 AM) The White Sox are not getting Scherzer. Y u hatin
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
9 hours later im still yelling "WHY, KIRK!!!????! WHY?!!?"
-
2014-2015 MLB off season player movement and rumors thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 08:08 PM) Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS 6m6 minutes ago torii hunter returns to the twins. $10.5M, 1 yr. nice story. @BNightengale 1st. Yea, 10.5M for a guy his age is a nice story for Torii
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
Well, Kirk didn't see the court after that foul, I'm pretty sure
-
Hamburgers
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 09:48 PM) I love Kopp's, unfortunately there are only 3 and they're all in the Milwaukee area. Double cheese burger with the works. Only downside is it's a minor miracle if you don't need a triple bypass after finishing it, and you need to leave room for custard. We stopped there and the way to a concert in May, I was impressed
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
Rooooooooose!
-
Reds and Rockies Speculation
QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 06:23 PM) First, I don't know how Dickerson for brought up. Why would Colorado trade a 25 year old that will be cheap for the next 4 years? It would take minimum 2 top prospects to get him. And as for Cargo....the only thing I can judge him on is the 1,833 PA's he's had away from Coors. And those 1,833 PA's say that he's pretty much been a bum. Maybe he'd be better, maybe he wouldn't. Neither of us actually know. But one thing I can assure you of is that it would be really really stupid to spend $53M + prospects to find out. But like I asked earlier, why is Bruce a better option? Because he is a little bit cheaper? His splits show from year to year he will choose to be a bum either home or away, and be merely ok on the the opposite. I just don't see why you think Bruce is such a better option, unless you think the difference in pay is that big of a deal.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 04:15 PM) I'm not sure I care about the running the ball angle. The run blocking is terrible. We knew going in that this offense viewed short passes and dumpoffs to the RB as rushes. You have to at least pretend to try and run it. More than 7 times at least
-
Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 03:55 PM) With a quick sort, it looks like Johnny Damon holds the record at 2122 replies. Wow I would think Eric Chavez and Miggy Cabrera would have far eclipsed Damon
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 02:41 PM) I'm not convinced of that. He's coached good defenses, but pretty crappy teams. Granted, the NYJ are a clusterf*** management-wise, but I don' think he's done much to distinguish himself as a head coach. He did get to a conference title game multiple times.
-
Reds and Rockies Speculation
QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 02:39 PM) Cargo 2012 Home- .368/.437/.609 Away- .234-.301/.405 Cargo 2011 Home- .331/.402/.597 Away- .252/.317/.440 Saying "Coors or not" doesn't work...not even close. meh, Bruce likes to rotate sucking at home and sucking on the road 2014 Bruce Home .188/.275/.347 away .244/.287/.398 2013 Bruce Home .224/.344/.444 away .298/.352/.509 2012 Bruce Home 286/.356/.607 away .218/.297/.421
-
Reds and Rockies Speculation
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 02:04 PM) I wouldn't, when you figure in that Bruce could make $37.5M over the next 3 years (if his last option is picked up), while Cargo will cost you $53M over those same 3 years. Bruce has only played less than 148 games once since 2009. CarGo has never reached that mark. The money issue is a very fair criticism, I just dont like that Jay Bruce's one year that he missed a lot of games was last season, and it was because of his knee. Cargo is a guy you would just hope you could finally catch lightning in a bottle and that Herm Schneider could keep him on the field