Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Belisario, you are special
  2. QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 07:44 PM) Danks's pitching stat ranks, of qualified starters: ERA: 88th of 93 FIP: 93rd of 93 xFIP: 92nd of 93 SIERA: 89th of 93 I see no TWTW column
  3. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 03:43 PM) And what would you have thought about Hector Noesi? Lyle Mouton
  4. We are streaking!
  5. QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 01:40 PM) If he pitches well, this probably punches the ticket for Rienzo and Carroll next season. That'd be something, to get that righthanded power arm balance for the rotation without the Sox diving into the deep end of the free agent market. If you'd like to congratulate him, do so here: https://twitter.com/C_Bass419 I think those two punched their tickets out of town regardless of what Bassitt does. Especially Rienzo
  6. I wonder if the punishment is only levied with charges filed and prosecuted. IIRC Roethlisberger was suspended by Goodell, and he wasnt even arrested or charged
  7. QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 09:05 AM) Mannelly has been alright. The bottom line is that the Bears moves the meter. Waddle and Jurkovic are both former NFL players that have prominent gigs in local radio. Jarrett Payton also played in the NFL and he has a show too. I bet Mannelly is better than all of those guys. Not that it's that tough to be better than those guys. Waddle and Jurko both had prior experience before they took jobs in money shifts(midday and 1-6)(not sure about Payton but I think he had experience). My only issue is Mannelly basically went from the couch to a primetime slot. Even Mannelly said this morning he has only sat with Spiegel 3 times and had a few other guest appearances. This is like Sportscenter losing Dan Patrick and replacing him with Ray Lewis on the primetime show(not a perfect comparison, but you get the picture). It could work out, sure, but it also could be a very painful learning experience that will result in lost ratings and sponsors/advertisers.
  8. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2014 -> 09:08 AM) Yeah, but you also don't bet on the health of your pitching just cratering as soon as you make the deal. That health was already visibly cratering. Anibel Sanchez was already shelved, Verlander hasnt been good all year long, and they were scrambling for anyone to put in the bullpen.
  9. The fuse is lit
  10. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 07:51 PM) Sounds like a big slap in the face to guys like Holmes and Abbatacola. No wonder Goff left. I don't think Holmes has enough time in the day to pull that off.
  11. Interesting that both teams that had the biggest trades at the deadline have lost first place since the trade.
  12. QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 05:31 PM) I'm old because I don't remember those first town houses. Must not have been built. Last time I was there was in 2012 and I did a bunch of double takes, mostly on Wall St. I can only imagine what downtown is gonna look like now that 710 is gone
  13. QUOTE (raBBit @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 02:26 PM) Bailey signed a 5 year deal with them last offseason and is injured so I don't think so. a large, absurd deal IIRC
  14. i dont even know what to root for anymore. Go Sox, dont use that bullpen yay!
  15. I dont think Mannelly has the personality of a doorknob, but i heard him trying to read a promo the other day and he was pretty robotic. He has a ways to go, i hope he can catch up to speed and not drag Spiegel down
  16. QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 10:53 AM) The kid has crazy power, but his contact skills are atrocious. true about Carter and Baez
  17. Well, if that is the case, good luck to Patrick. I like him, but that is a bigtime shift for a guy with no experience
  18. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    so the WWE financed "Leprechaun: Origins" got a 0.9 rating from IGN. quite an amusing review, im curious where this turd in a punchbowl ends up on rotten tomatoes
  19. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 01:51 PM) Abreu has been so much better than what anyone expected. Eaton has been a plus when healthy, but folks used to rag on Carlos Quentin because he was hurt al the time. It will happen to Eaton too if he falters. Now the pitching staff has been horrendous. Second worse ERA in the league. Maybe Cooper needs to be hung? Really though you have to throw strikes and not give up the home run so often and as far as relief pitching-get the first man out! Quentin was hurt all the time, and his numbers went down after he hurt himself. He deserved the criticism. If Eaton punches a wall and takes himself out of a playoff race because of stupidity, he will deserve the criticism too
  20. QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 12:00 PM) Its a damn shame such a great fantasy asset is wasted like that, oh well I am sure Gordon enjoyed being wasted like that
  21. QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 11:57 AM) That said, I have been thinking a lot about it. I was really pleased at the all star break. But at this pace for 73 wins, rather than what I was hoping for, this team is at least another 2 years away, and we are going to have to pay for pitching, which is what people have been laughing about the cubs needing to do for 4 years now. This core is really good (Sale/Q/Rodon/Abreu/Ramirez), but we still could upgrade basically every OF position, C position, 2b, etc. I hope that Semien/Johnson can get there, but I'm not banking on it. Not after we just watched a top 100 pitching prospect forget how to throw. you are ready to move on from Eaton and Garcia already?
  22. QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 27, 2014 -> 11:07 AM) I wanted a punch the bullpen in the nuts option. this poll is defective and misrepresentative
  23. Josh Gordon suspended for the year
  24. Announcement at 3PM. I find that kind of weird, that it isnt being announced during the midday shift. Makes me wonder if Goff is replacing a retiring Boers
  25. http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/spo...lones/14636143/ Now this is just creepy, all of Iowa States leading rushers from 2000-2006 have passed away What's up with that, Heads?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.