Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham
QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 05:19 PM) Held on too long and ended up giving him away. Would have liked to seen a trade for someone else's failed top prospect. The utter, and inexplicable, lack of a sense of urgency to deal in July under the vain notion that this team was still in it, will retard this rebuild. I love how you keep pounding this as if you know that Hahn had no urgency to deal any players. Gordon was like 0 for 40 in the middle of July, it isn't as if he was looking like a great player to trade for. This team sucked at the worst possible time and Hahn couldn't move anyone. Urgency has nothing to do with it, contention had nothing to do with it
-
Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham
QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 04:58 PM) I hope Hawk's ok No more cheese straws. Sully is not happy
-
Ferguson Riots
That guy seemed to have a "die by police" suicide planned out. He stole that stuff, set it out for everyone to see, waited for the police to show, immediately drew his knife and walked towards them saying "kill me". Unless they showed up with rubber bullets ready or taser ready, That guy was gonna die
-
2014-2015 NCAA football thread
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 11:55 AM) By anyone you actually mean me. Apparently anybody else can go there and it's fine. Criticism of universities and programs is fine, we draw the line with any poster who is a fan of any university when it gets personal. And it wasnt just your posts that were approaching and straddling the line.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
Rose is going to play the next game vs Puerto Rico supposedly
-
Is This a Playoff Team in 2015?
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 09:22 AM) Why is Zach Braff holding a vacuum in front of an ocean that has a car driving in it? all good questions
-
Hahn- Deal could happen before Aug 31
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 09:40 AM) That would be amazing but I don't see that happening. you live in Cali. Make this happen. We are counting on you as owner, operator, and overseeing God of Soxtalk
-
Is This a Playoff Team in 2015?
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 08:25 AM) oh hey look guys, greg's overreacting again while looking at things in a vacuum
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 08:27 PM) Well, one of them is named Blount. What did they expect? I expected Blount to punch someone, not get busted with weed
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/08/20/...ana-possession/ Well, Pittsburgh might need some RBs
-
2014 MLB catch-all thread
Nick Swisher just had surgeries on both knees. I bet Cleveland loves that contract now
-
The Beheading
QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 03:03 PM) Yes. Play more golf. Wait, this is supposed to help him get off the ledge? you, shack, are sadistic
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 01:03 PM) Would you still sit him during the 2nd half of a b2b if he was averaging 30 minutes per game? That was the specific thing stated and it is something Thibs has never done. When did this happen? The season before he injured his ACL when they went to the Conference finals? Because his time with Thibs consists of one full season, an injury filled season where his time was spotty at best, and that quick couple games last season. Go ahead and keep pounding Thibs for it though.
-
Is This a Playoff Team in 2015?
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 11:50 AM) I worry about the hesitation I'm seeing this year, the total lack of moves even just to clear guys out. Last year we at least cleared some guys out to create roles for people or signings. That hasn't happened since training camp started and it should have. I dont think it is hesitation as much as lack of interest. Peavy was far more interesting and affordable than Danks could ever be right now. Rios also trumps Beckham and Dunn. I think injuries to Lindstrom/Jones and belly flops from Beckham and Belisario really hurt any dealings that Hahn could get going, and probably resulted in the Sox having to pay too much to make it worth it. I wanted these guys moved too, but we see these guys every day. We know what they are really worth
-
Is This a Playoff Team in 2015?
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 10:17 AM) I think that a variety of trades for guys we haven't even guessed about yet, as happened last offseason, is much more likely than the White Sox spending $50 million and giving up several draft picks and much of their signing bonus pool. I believe that they have the framework of a deal worked out, based on Hahns comments after the deadline. Hopefully it means shipping Danks out and bringing a RHP in
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
-
Would you still be a Sox fan if they moved?
I dont even think the White Sox current ownership structure would interest Cuban. Reinsdorf is majority owner, but it isnt like he owns 49 percent. I would think Cuban would want a big stake in ownership
-
Washington Football Franchise team name discussion
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 08:42 AM) I hope Abattacola has something to tweet about Ditka or is he ascared? That show hasnt shied from criticizing Ditka. At all
-
8/19 Gamethread SOX vs. Orioles - 7:10pm CDT - CSN+
QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 10:45 PM) True. The Sox don't stand a chance against good teams with a good manager. No chance at all. There aren't many great managers, though. But Baltimore has one. I believe the Sox record vs +.500 teams is decent and their record vs bad teams is terrible
-
8/19 Gamethread SOX vs. Orioles - 7:10pm CDT - CSN+
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 08:31 PM) What happened to The Magic Glasses? Voldemort
-
8/19 Gamethread SOX vs. Orioles - 7:10pm CDT - CSN+
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 06:12 PM) Not everyone Harrelson hasn't seen eye to eye with has "lost" to Hawk. LaRussa's revenge was the rest of his career after he left Chicago. It's not the same as a media member such as Cowley, Mariotti or Abattacola, but the point remains. And isn't Cowley still covering the Bulls for the Sun-Times? Did he get fired? Mostly, his relationship with the White Sox was filtered through Ozzie Guillen, and once Ozzie was gone, his "inside source" was cut. That's less about Harrelson and more about the way he put himself in a corner as a beat writer by losing his objectivity about the team. Hawk fired Larussa and has continued with the white sox, hence "outlasted" him The end
-
8/19 Gamethread SOX vs. Orioles - 7:10pm CDT - CSN+
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 05:12 PM) LaRussa is getting his Bobblehead Night soon at US Cellular, so not 100%. Yea that doesn't make any sense
-
8/19 Gamethread SOX vs. Orioles - 7:10pm CDT - CSN+
If I were hawk, I would seriously nominate B&B and Abbattacola. If they decline, they are huge b****es. And I think they are too proud to accept
-
Sports Media Discussion
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 03:06 PM) I disagree. I don't get into this mix much but all I can say is you are severely underscoring Mannely's smarts and ability to speak and handle the role. Will there be growing pains, certainly, but guy has loads of potential and brings a lot of real insights and articulate conversation to the mix. Growing pains are reserved for timeslots other than midday and afternoon drive. This is an important timeslot and you need to put your best foot forward, way too much uncertainty for me
-
Sports Media Discussion
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 19, 2014 -> 02:11 PM) I think that the new Co-Host will be Patrick Mannelly. Not sure if that makes sense when it's not football season but just a hunch. i like Patrick Mannelly and I like his contributions in his small time at the score, but i think that would be a tremendous mistake in an important timeslot. You simply cannot replace Mac with a guy who has been doing the job for less than 3 months. Actually, he really has never done the job. He has been an analyst on a few shows and sat in with Spiegel a few times, but he has absolutely no experience in that job. that would be Hamp & Holmes disaster part 2