Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2014 Video game thread
A list of the games confirmed so far to be at E3
-
GAMETHREAD 6/8: SOX @ LAA
It is the Leury show
-
One of the worst Sox losses I've ever witnessed
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 10:23 AM) Have you seen a different strategy for identifying future coaches in the Sox organization...besides former players? Hahn's a smart guy. Sooner or later, he's going to have to convince JR to try something more innovative, loyalty be damned. I don't know the strategy, I just want to know the top 50 candidates that have worn sox uniforms in the past 30 years, and I want to also know at least 24 ex sox minor leaguers as well
-
One of the worst Sox losses I've ever witnessed
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 09:54 AM) Who's next, Aaron Rowand? Carl Everett? Jim Thome? Konerko? Thome and Konerko personality-wise would be no different from Ventura, one would imagine. AJ as player/manager like Don Kessinger or Lou Boudreau? Have always thought Omar Vizquel would make a good manager...pretty sure he's currently with the Tigers' coaching staff, working with their infielders. He did a lot of great things with Alexei, and defense is one of our biggest areas we need to show improvement in to be a playoff-caliber team. Of course, Robin Ventura because almost as famous for his defense as for his hitting. FWIW, a lot of people who watch Trout say he struggles the most with sliders and a bit with two-seamers this year. http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/forcing-a-r...out-mike-trout/ I don't know who is next, please list 50 more ex players
-
2014 Catch-all Anything thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 10:13 PM) A live action Calvin & Hobbes would be the greatest thing in the history of entertainment. It would have to have Watterson heavily involved. I wouldn't trust a studio to do it without him
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 08:16 PM) Kevin Steen reportedly signed with WWE....The talent is there, but if they cut Chris Hero because of the lack of time he put in weight room then I'm not so sure why they're signing Steen. Dudes a human bowling ball. Dude can entertain though. Hero is a middleweight, Steen is a hoss. Vince always loves a hoss
-
2014 Catch-all Anything thread
Bill Watterson has been secretly collaborating on a comic
-
Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 09:29 PM) I have a 14 in one in forest park Eh, not my thing. Not a fan of mushball. Looking for 12"
-
White Sox @ Angels game #1
QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 09:33 PM) I hate how coaches can do that.. Why? They deserve to be able to see a replay in order to challenge
-
White Sox @ Angels game #1
Oh Dunn
-
Slow pitch softball thread
Do you Chicagoland players have any open tournaments in your parks this summer? We are trying to find a fun local tournament to enter and we are having a hell of a time
-
Sox Draft Carlos Rodon> Draft Day Discussion Thread
- YOU MUST READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE THIS THREAD
QUOTE (Tmar @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 09:21 AM) agree oh great. now it starts- Sox Draft Carlos Rodon> Draft Day Discussion Thread
QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 11:57 AM) so THAT'S what they are calling it nowadays.... ceilings and undersluts- 2014 Video game thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 09:55 AM) Have you played games like Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, etc.? Even for adults those games are a lot of fun. With a 2 year old and limited free time, my gaming habits have really changed. I used to love long single player campaigns. I vegged out on WoW for a while. But I can't do that anymore. Even without my son I don't think i'd have the patience to sit down in front of the TV/computer for 5 hours at a time like I used to. So I need shorter bursts of gaming. That's somewhat why the Wii U appeals to me. The mario games are nothing great (Mario Kart, Galaxy 1 and 2, etc. excluded, because they were), but they're games that aren't so serious and you don't need to devote so much time to it. You can play in 20-30 minute spurts. I still love the occasional long single player games - Last of Us, Uncharted, maybe Watchdogs. But they're a rarity these days for me. Left Behind, the DLC for Last of Us, was awesome btw. The last sequence had my heart pumping. Aside from Zelda, this is a big thing missing from Nintendo for me. I am hoping that changes soon. Watchdogs was delayed, and I am not too confident it comes to WiiU, i think it is gonna be cancelled like Aliens Colonial Marines was(although that was for the better)- Sox Draft Carlos Rodon> Draft Day Discussion Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 09:03 AM) Until we see the female partner, we may not hold judgment... I think we need proof of both her existence and the reason for his absence. Without proof, we shall consider this an unexcused absence- 2014 Video game thread
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 12:17 AM) None of what you said disputes the fact that their target demo is little kids. Their games are just fun, they are meant for everyone. Their target demo is family play- Slow pitch softball thread
We lost 25-24 in extra innings. We were tied 13-13 going into the 7th, they scored 7 and we came right back with 7. In the extra innings they scored on a mammoth home run and some doubles. We just couldn't close the deal, had the tying run on first and my third baseman hit a homer past our limit and it was the final out I was 4/5 with 2 doubles- Sox Draft Carlos Rodon> Draft Day Discussion Thread
QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 06:58 PM) new word? It is a pill developed by Novartis for shortage of pitching- There needs to be a name for Buehrle-type pitchers
QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 02:16 PM) Dan Bernstein was talking about Buehrle yesterday, saying that he's having a typical Buehrle season so far. He's just getting run support so the Wins are coming. Forget about wins, he has 10 quality starts in which he's averaged 7 innings and a 1.53 ERA, That's not typical. Now he could have a Verlander type month where he can't get anyone out, but for now, anyone who doesn't think Buehrle is a top-2 or 3 Cy this season, is an idiot. And don't get me started on Pitching WAR. Complete nonsense. I was listening to this discussion yesterday as well, did you hear the guy who called in and pointed out Tulo's (RIDONKULOUS) home and away splits when Bernstein was talking about how Tulo is having a way better season than Alexei? It was quite funny to hear the wind get taken out of Bernsteins sails. Hard for him to argue Tulo when he is so bad on the road, even when he is so insane at home(cough*coors field*cough)- There needs to be a name for Buehrle-type pitchers
QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 02:10 PM) I'm just sick of people acting like there's something wrong with Buerhle cause he's "not an ace" when there are VERY FEW aces in baseball year in and out. This is true, but it is funny that when you make that previous statement, that you pointed out someone who IS an ace year in year out. Cliff Lee is a stud- 2014 Video game thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:35 AM) I'm getting closer to buying a wii u over a ps4 with all of these mario kart reviews. But I know in the end it's going to be a waste of money. For my gaming habits, which are limited these days, it's basically 2 mario games, mario kart, and maybe, maybe the zelda game if it's amazing (which the reviews will all say it is, despite the last couple being lame and boring). I'm torn. Obviously I enjoy MK8 and most Mario offerings, but I am hoping this E3 brings some big announcements. A few rumors have Retro announcing a new Metroid, some more new Zelda gameplay, and some possibilities like Starfox and whatever solo Mario project is in the works. They are gonna livestream a Smash Bros competition with the top 20 players in the world during E3, I am gonna drop in and watch a little bit. Im not much of a fighter game guy, but it is fun to watch those who know what they are doing. I think there will be some news on Yoshis Yarn and Monoliths "X" project as well.- Sox Draft Carlos Rodon> Draft Day Discussion Thread
I think they go BPA, it will be whichever of Aiken, Kolek, and Rodon is on the board. Nola would be the safe pick, but i dont think they go safe- WGN America dropping Sox, other Chicago sports
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 08:15 AM) Well that and apparently his strikeout rate is the same as Courtney Hawkins's. lol, he seems like his homerun rate matches his strikeout rate though- Winner winner!
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 08:12 AM) Fair enough. I'm sure Balta got a kick out of it, though. It was not pleasant to watch. I even felt bad when the challenge was won - YOU MUST READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE THIS THREAD