Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Is it me, or does it kind of seem like John Hollinger has gone into the Grizzlies and sent everyone out
  2. QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 19, 2014 -> 11:42 AM) Put into perspective, I heard on the Tigers/Red Sox last night that Victor Martinez has not struck out on a called 3rd strike in over 500 ABs. That isnt perpective, that is an extreme
  3. I am sooooooo glad we dont have to deal with Walk Year Marshall
  4. QUOTE (TRU @ May 19, 2014 -> 09:17 AM) Im playing with my 12"-12 1/2" Nokona baseball glove, im thinking I need an Slowpitch OF glove, but haven't noticed a huge problem yet. Although I wasn't able to snag that shoestring catch, and then in the first game almost had a line drive snow cone out of my glove. If your mitt is preformed to a baseball glove it will definitely give you some snow cone issues until it opens up. I use an outfielders glove at first and it is fine for me
  5. QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2014 -> 08:58 AM) Would they be better off shutting him down for the rest of the year instead of risking a possibly more career-impacting injury? lets go ahead and schedule Sale's pre-emptive TJS while we are at it
  6. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 19, 2014 -> 09:07 AM) remember when they broke up ATT because it was too powerful? i hope they do it again, and Directv goes back to being its own awesome self
  7. QUOTE (TRU @ May 19, 2014 -> 09:04 AM) Since you seem to be the stat man around here, let me ask you if you would call this an error. A guy hit a pop that was behind second base, I came sprinting in from LCF and had to attempt a shoe string catch, the ball hit the palm of my glove and I didn't catch it. Would you score this as an error? An infielder wouldn't have been able to make the play, and I had to sprint to it just to have an attempt to catch it. There are no errors in softball . That sounds like a line drive single in the book
  8. QUOTE (TRU @ May 19, 2014 -> 08:33 AM) Well season started last night. We won the first game because the team we were playing didn't have enough people. So they picked up 5 guys and beat us 14-3. We still got the win by forfeit at least. Our second game we lost 20-2. They scored 12 in the first inning, the game only went 3 innings due to mercy rule. I batted 3rd the first game, and 2nd the second game. I got a whole 4 plate appearances in TWO games last night. I ended up 2/3 with a BB and a 2B. My lone out was a bases loaded line drive that the SS snagged, sucks too as it was headed for the gap between LF and LCF. Other than that, I gave up my pursuit of hitting a HR and instead opted to try and do what I thought I could do and just hit line drives for base hits every time. It seemed to work out pretty good as my two hits on the night were both line drives right over the infield. Our team is so bad though. Our RF and RCF cant judge fly balls so they either go way over their head or drp in front of them, and our lineup is a black hole outside of our first 4 batters. Its nothing but infield pop-ups or weak groundballs. Playing on teams like that is either a blast because it is so fun-bad, or it is a weekly death march. Either way, if YOU play good, other teams will notice, and you can parlay your good play into free agency
  9. Emery is on Mully and Hanley right now, podcast for the 8:00 hour.
  10. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 19, 2014 -> 07:46 AM) Out of curiosity, how much does losing weight alleviate a problem like this? Allen Thomas seems to think it has a lot to do with it, i read an article from last week where they said he is on a weight program to bring him down to a better weight. Down 15 lbs since the start of the season
  11. QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2014 -> 08:31 PM) Dunn should be proud. That's quite a feat. Surely that hasn't been done many times in baseball history. I mean at some point you take a weak swing at least on strike three. It isnt that unique of a feat
  12. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Godzilla 2 in development http://screenrant.com/godzilla-2-in-development/
  13. That goal was the definition of a crazy bounce. 2-1 hawks
  14. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 18, 2014 -> 01:57 PM) Did you name your kid after Fit Finlay? Duh
  15. I wish it wouldn't automatically change my picture. It was fine until I hit post
  16. Finley says let's drop this puck
  17. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Words cannot express how disappointing this is to me http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/18/news/compa...ectv/index.html
  18. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 17, 2014 -> 09:30 PM) Seems they had some clubhouse leadership issues/conflicts in Texas with Kinsler. Really dumb move by Daniels, though. He doesn't make them often. And Nelson Cruz has been really solid for the Orioles. According to Hamilton and Kinsler, it seems that they believe the issue lies with the GM Daniels.
  19. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 18, 2014 -> 10:36 AM) My main problem with the movie is we only got to see Godzilla in action for like 5 minutes and even the fight seems weren't very compelling. But if you are going to make a giant monster movie that doesn't really feature the monster you really need to have non-awful human characters and it would be nice if something of interest happened before the final 15 minutes. It was the "Jaws" approach, hide the monster until the very end. The movie was inspired by the 1954 Godzilla movie where you really don't see him until towards the end as well. I was a bit let down that we didn't really see anything happen but I get it. The tsunami and power outage were awesome
  20. Well, Pauly is about to get more PT
  21. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 18, 2014 -> 10:13 AM) Posterior tibia tendonitis The ptatc bat signal has been turned on
  22. Mel Tucker on the defense, Jared Allen, things to expect http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/a...e/p2p-80232446/
  23. I hope Eaton can remain in one piece for the rest of the season, but hamstrings always seem to linger
  24. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Godzilla did Godzilla things , that's all I asked for. They tried to add a compelling human story, but that ended when . All in all, the fight scenes were more than enough to make me forget about Aaron Taylor Johnsons non-moving non-emotional face Also, I saw Fast 6 last night on HBO. The final scene on the runway, that had to be at least a 50 mile runway, right? Lol

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.