Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening
I got a Commodore 64 for you.
-
BAseball America Top Ten for WS
They did use Lopez. They had nine different starters in 60 games.
-
BAseball America Top Ten for WS
They were desperate for pitchers at the point they brought him up. I don't think it was a want to more than a have to.
-
Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening
Under the 2019 playoff structure, 2006 is also a playoff team.
-
Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening
Yet he hired Tony who has the biggest cheaters of the steroid era, plus the McDowell sign stealing allegations.
-
How I would build a trade package
I figured I would give this its own thread. This is operating under the JR assumptions, aka won't spend for top end players, and instead trying to trade for cheaper ones. Here is my thinking on how they should try to build a deal. So take the Sox top 10 prospect list from BA. These are the guys I would be OK with dealing in the right deal and why. 1. Vaughn Andrew is available in the right deal for me as the offense is soooo deep, and we have set players at pretty much every position, and a top 5 line up. 2. Kopech 3. Madrigal Not a guy that I would want to move, as I think he adds a much needed balance to the line up, but at the same time, we have depth there, and it is easier to find guys at this position 4. Dunning 5. Crochet 6. Kelley 7. Thompson Would be willing to move one of Thompson and Dalquist in the right deal, but not excited about it. I want to preserve the next wave of pitching as much as possible, but would listen on moving one of them. One still leaves you at least the other and Kelley, along with the latin signings a bit behind them. 8. Stiever Stiever is stuck behind Kopech, Cease, and Dunning at least, and probably Lopez too. You move him because his timeline doesn't match up as well as others. 9. Dalquist 10. Luis Gonzalez If they could put something like Vaughn, Stiever, Dalquist to get a top end deal done, that is the direction it should take. Of course it shouldn't come to that, as we should just sign the guys we need, but that isn't going to happen so...
-
Will We Have a Full 162 Game Season in 2021?
I think they will realize that they want to take the time of the entire season, but leave some gaps in the schedule for make ups which are going to be inevitable.
-
Will We Have a Full 162 Game Season in 2021?
I am going to say no, but close. Maybe 120 to 140.
-
Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening
Unless you get a real front line starter for him, no. He has the best chance of being an ace at the front of our rotation out of all of the kids we have in the system. 6 cheap years of that is HUGE to keeping this train on the tracks.
-
Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening
There is a big difference between not liking the guy personally, and knowing what he can do for this team.
-
Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening
Good, because you are getting a PS3, and will be expected to be excited about it.
-
Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening
Why does it have to be "besides Bauer"? The dude is exactly what we need.
-
Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening
I am not falling for this again. When every sign is saying we are heading to the Dollar Store for off season shopping, no reason to expect a PS5 under the tree.
-
Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening
Wasting assets when we could be accomplishing the same thing without giving away pieces that could help us in the future.
-
Baseball America unveils White Sox Top 10
Interesting to see Dunning above a few of the higher ceiling guys like that. I get the feeling he is a guy who is going to be in the middle of our rotation until next decade.
-
Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening
One minute the team is talking about World Series or bust, the next they aren't interested in the players most apt to get them there. In my world, that is what is bizarre.
-
Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening
Typically I had said I was against it, but with our new old leader, he may well have an audience for the type of floor show he brings.
-
Passan: Springer to White Sox not happening
A totally wonderful and unexpected headline...
-
And now Wheeler on the market
So who were you when you were banned, seeing as you just told on yourself over a grudge from 13 years ago.
-
NFL Thread 2020-2021
- Lance Lynn Thread
Designated Driver hopefully.- NFL Thread 2020-2021
Honestly the worst thing about this season was the 5-1 start. They could have been in the running for the #1 pick, but they even screwed that up.- And now Wheeler on the market
What a surprise, another time you didn't live up to your word.- NFL Thread 2020-2021
You have to fire SOMEONE tomorrow.- And now Wheeler on the market
When he became a Cub fan. - Lance Lynn Thread