Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. So much for being #teamHotFiRe
  2. It's really too bad Abreu can't hit a fastball anymore.
  3. And there it goes. Not even Engel can save you now.
  4. Poor Danish. This is a rough spot to come in to.
  5. As of today there is zero question as to who has better stuff.
  6. That was great work to get out of that. That was Ace-like work.
  7. Engel should try to bunt for a hit at least once per game.
  8. Just for the record
  9. I tend to agree with this, though my opinion here as changed in recent years as relievers have become more and more valuable to teams and on the open market.
  10. I never said it was rational, lol.
  11. I saw the thread title and my heart dropped.
  12. As to Madrigal's future, I very seriously doubt he is the best player picked from his spot back. In fact I would bet against it. But I would also be willing to bet that if you gave me gregs house to bet on any one player drafted from the #4 slot on down that would be a major league starters in 5 years, it would be Madrigal. His floor is freakishly high. He has major league defensive tools today. He might even already have a major league ready hit tool today.
  13. Both Burr and Johnson are putting up amazing numbers, but I think it terms of pure stuff I don't think I have seen anyone rank their stuff anywhere near to Hamilton and Burdi. While optimistic, for me there is a clear separation there between the two sets of players. For the Hamilton fan in me, I would love nothing more than to see Hamilton and Burr handing the ball to each other in the Sox pen for the next half decade.
  14. I guess I didn't watch the same Yoan Moncada everyone else did because he was extremely raw when he got here, and I even said that it shouldn't shock anyone if he took the Avi Garcia route versus the Kris Bryant route. And just for clarities sake, if anyone in our system is going to go the Bryant route, it will be Eloy. I firmly believe his adjustment period will be the smallest of all. It wouldn't shock me if he landed on the ground hitting, and never stopped. Also for the record, I believe Kopech will have a difficult adjustment, which is why I would like to see him up here working through it ASAP. He is done with AAA, at least for now. His work needs to be against major league hitters. I will ignore the rest of the listed names here as irrelevant.
  15. Ha, fair enough. I will say that I have a large investment in what the Sox have been able to do with relievers through their system, especially ones with + stuff. Hamilton and a couple of others are checking all of the boxes as a reliever in the very near future.
  16. As was said above, there was a large lack of information on him. No sources (1st or trusted 2nd hand) had seen him in person a few weeks ago when this process started. I am positive that his position will change drastically in the off season just based on what we have already seen from Bryce.
  17. If you are using the standard that 2.0 WAR is league average for a positional starter, he is almost exactly the definition of league average right now as we speak.
  18. Also a very solid +1 here.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.