southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
- Moncada
-
Friday the 13th game against Twins/ PPD
Just came across the wires, the game for tonight is post-poned. No new date announced as of yet.
-
Juan, 2B
QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 02:33 PM) when soxtalk was down I went to WSI and saw about half the front page was filled with threads like this one and noped the f*** out as fast as I could. Nope.
-
Are veterans over 30 the new "Moneyball" market inefficiency
I think college and minor league relievers are the new moneyball. Fight me.
-
2018 White Sox catch-all thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 11:29 AM) 2 months ago http://wgnradio.com/2018/02/15/jerry-reins...s-a-radio-game/ 4 months ago http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/video/ins...jerry-reinsdorf http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...2019-story.html 8 months ago https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/sox-cha...n-it-to-win-it/ not hard 4 days ago. https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/jerry-rei...ies/c-271260760
-
2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 11:17 AM) I know I'm late but White Sox Dave has been saying early to mid May for Kopech, for whatever it's worth If they still have him down today, there really isn't much of a good reason to not wait until after the Super Two deadline and call him up in the middle of June.
-
2018 White Sox catch-all thread
QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 11:24 AM) Have you noticed that JR has disappeared from the scene? He use to appear on TV and radio and would grant interviews with the papers. No more. He has been MIA for a long time. No I have not.
-
Juan, 2B
What just happened here?
-
Moncada
QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 10:38 AM) Not true anymore. It is actually quite the opposite in most sports now. Either a player is good right away or they're no good at all. There is no margin for error anymore. Trout, Bryant, Lindor, Correa, are among baseball's top players and they came up, got on top and are staying there. Not to say that a more traditional development path can't still be successful, but if a player comes up and struggles he's more likely to completely wash out than become a star eventually. Say what? I mean, let's go with a list back. Corey Kluber, Josh Donaldson, Byron Buxton, Xander Boegarts, Jackie Bradley, JD Martinez, as a starter list.
-
2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes
QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:36 PM) Awesome, loved Tejada but I thought CWS can't sign any J2 guys for another year No guys over $300k. They can sign as many $300k guys as will fit under the caps.
-
4/12 Games
QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:39 PM) Chris Beck looking sharp Rather see more Beck than Volstad Beck is off of the 40 man roster.
-
Moncada
QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 11:56 PM) I guess I had hoped that the big 3 prospects on the big league club(Moncada/Giolito/Lopez) would come out and light the world on fire early this season, and I'm fairly disappointed they haven't. It doesn't mean they can't figure it out later, but Moncada and Giolito look really bad lately. I'm encouraged by Giolito's competitive spirit and being able to go out there and pitch fairly decently without anywhere near his best stuff, but that stuff looks awful. It makes me even more disappointed because I spent most of the spring talking these two up and telling everyone how I thought they'd both have a big season. Then, the regular season hits and they both look awful. I didn't expect that from either of them. I thought they both made strides last year and in spring. Nope, I was wrong. I feel like an idiot for talking them up. So, I guess I'm taking out my frustration by spewing negativity on the board. Night. This is not realistic. The history of baseball is littered with Hall of Famers who struggled early in their careers. Almost no one starts out on top and stays there.
-
Moncada
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 11:56 PM) Watch where you step Alice... there's rabbit holes everywhere! I'm still standing by my original thoughts on Moncada. He's young with limited baseball experience in this country compared to many other prospects. He's taking his lumps like pro and still feel he will be fine. He's young, and he is even younger in terms of quality experience. We have seen that playing in the Cuban leagues isn't the same as playing high school and college ball in the US. Guys don't come here with a set of basic skills. Look at a 27 year old Jose Abreu who comes here and has no idea how to use footwork around 1st base. Alexei Ramirez had the same adjustment period. Now scale back and realize that Moncada is only 22 anyway. These struggles shouldn't surprise anyone.
-
Moncada
QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 11:10 PM) You don't think we know that? We're not complaining about the W/L record, we're complaining about our "prized" prospects getting to the majors and not being able to even make contact or find the strike zone. It is ridiculous. It seems like they're doing fine until they get to the majors and then they take 3 steps backward. There's no development going on, only regression. That is the complaint. Giolito, Lopez and Fulmer walked at least 5 batters in each of their last starts. Moncada has struck out in 9/12 PA his last 3 games. Avi sucks again. Nobody else on the team seems to have a clue at the plate either, except for Abreu. Eventually he won't get anything to hit either once the AL realizes that he has nothing around him. I know Lopez has pitched well in terms of runs allowed so far but he's going to get killed eventually if he walks 3-5 batters a game. You don't act like you know it. You are so caught up in the minutia of a process that has barely begun, in a season that is 12 games old. If you go pitch to pitch on this, you are never going to make it.
-
Moncada
QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 10:37 PM) I think I'm just going to stop following the site during the rebuild. Some of you guys are miserable. For all of the people that begged for a rebuild, there are too many who can't handle a rebuild. This is a process, and it will take YEARS, not 12 games. Stressing over the micro's of pitch to pitch in a process like this is such a waste of time. Zoom out and look at this as a timeline and not the next pitch.
-
2018 White Sox catch-all thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 08:14 AM) Yea I’m sure Debartolo would have totally built a stadium with his own money I mean he got that great new modern facility built in San Francisco.
-
Schoenfield links Sox to Machado, Donaldson, Price
QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 05:03 PM) Not sure why we are never linked to Harper. I can think of half a billion reasons.
-
White Sox @ Twins 4/12
QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:42 PM) not sure. I've been to about half the parks in MLB but only safeco out of those . of the one's I've been to camden, safeco and AT&T are my favs. least favs are probably comerica and rogers centre. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who hated Comerica.
-
White Sox @ Twins 4/12
QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 07:36 PM) Sorry, kid, but wiseass remarks aren’t a great rebuttal to the fact that our cornerstone prospect in this rebuild strikes out 35% of the time. Do better. Take your own advice.
-
Schoenfield links Sox to Machado, Donaldson, Price
He doesn't link them. He calls them "potential fits"
-
UPDATE: Volstad called up, Infante reassigned to AAA
QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 04:30 PM) I’m guessing they don’t want to stick with an eight man bullpen for very long and there’s little risk of losing Volstad when they decide to outright him back to Charlotte. Bingo. The other thing is they may well be working on stuff with the other guys, and they want them right where they are until they figure it out.
-
UPDATE: Volstad called up, Infante reassigned to AAA
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 03:11 PM) I can't remember, but wasn't it always likely that it would be end of May/early June? It was, like I said, more of a footnote.
-
4/12 Games
FutureSox? @FutureSox 3h3 hours ago Knights media release just out says it's Chris Beck starting tonight.
-
2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes
In the last week, here is what the Sox have signed. Dionicio Jimenez bd 1/7/2001, RHP (17 yo) Andres Rosario bd 3/11/1999, IF (19 yo) Daneuris Lagrange bd 6/17/1998 RHP ( 19, about to be 20, yo)
-
2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes
QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 01:44 PM) From the guys I could find any info on, they seem to be older prospects. Considering several were pitchers, they are probably guys who developed late and are just being discovered now. Also, for signings under $10,000 (which many of these older ones probably are) the money doesn't count against the bonus pool, so we could be out of money and still sign those guys. Pitchers usually come on later, so that isn't abnormal.