Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Finally. Now the winning streak can start.
  2. Toronto Blue Jays?Verified account @BlueJays 40m40 minutes ago Tonight’s game has been cancelled due to inclement weather causing damage to our roof. We apologize to our fans for this inconvenience. Further info for those with purchased tickets to the game will be shared shortly. Tomorrow’s game will be a 3:07 p.m. traditional doubleheader
  3. It would be really interesting to see how much separation there is in their draft grades on certain guys and if they are considering an under cap pick versus an at the cap pick. Hostetler spent a lot of time talking about how deep the draft is and how guys WILL fall. If they free up some cash with the first pick, that could set them up to pick a person sliding with their second or third picks.
  4. MLB Daily Dish?Verified account @mlbdailydish Pirates infielder Josh Harrison will miss six weeks after being diagnosed with a broken hand:
  5. Dan Szymborski?Verified account @DSzymborski 31m31 minutes ago There have been 22 games this year with a gametime temperature under 40 degrees. There were only 25 games under 40 degrees the previous four seasons (2014-2017).
  6. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 03:12 PM) He's on the DL. Again. Other than that I don't know, but our AZ correspondent will be checking on Extended ST this week and I will ask her to look for him. Thanks for the update.
  7. Any word on where Victor Diaz is or what his condition is? I can't recall hearing his name at all this spring.
  8. QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 02:35 PM) Let's not forget about Basabe. The Sale trade could well have netted us 3 starting and significant contributing pieces to the contending years, on the horizon. Not only that, but they could be contributors at key positions; a middle infielder and lead off hitter, a centerfielder and top of the rotation starter. That would be a very successful deal. I wonder who is really more suitable as a centerfielder, between Robert and Basabe. It appears that they are both true centerfielders, who possess all of the tools to play there. I'm guessing that the 2020 outfield will consist of Robert, Eloy and Basabe, with Adolfo a close 4TH. What intrigues me about Basabe is that he appears to be a 5 tool, switch hitter, who is a legitimate centerfielder. That makes his success potentially more impactful than a player like Adolfo, who profiles more as a slugger. Adolfo's arm in RF and Robert and Basabe patrolling CF and LF, would comprise a very good defensive outfield. Who knows, maybe Eloy will end up at first base. And while he hasn't done much so far, we still have a guy like Victor Diaz floating in the system too as the 4th piece of that deal. He is a guy who can push 100mph out of the pen.
  9. QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 01:46 PM) Good to know you're okay with your 2nd baseman playing good defense while getting on base at a .380 clip and hitting a "ton of homers." That is basically Robinson Cano, with a bit better OBP, and a bit worse hitting.
  10. QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 11:34 AM) And it looks like this story isn't locked if a non subscriber wants to read it. It was. And it was really interesting to see them talking about looking at college relievers.
  11. QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 11:29 AM) If there was ever a Caufield thread, this would be it. By the way, Bartolo is a big miss, dude was a 2x white sox. Didn't Colon essentially quit on the White Sox?
  12. QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 11:11 AM) You all are so busy being upset that anyone wouldn't walk the company line you misinterpreted me. I never said either of you were wrong or that I was arguing with you. I simply said we can't simply evaluate a trade based on the team we made the deal with when it comes to having a successful trade. We need to know what other trades were out there to make sure we took the best offer. But sense we don't have that information right now, we made the absolute right move. If in a few years we learn Atlanta offered us Albies, Acuna, and Maitan for instance, and they all turn out really good, then we can adjust our thoughts. LMAO. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them some sort of mindless robot. That is just arrogant, especially when your theory has no basis in reality, just a maybe. If you had some basis in reality, it would be different.
  13. QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 11:07 AM) I have some posts in jest, but most of my posts are legit. People are just company line walkers who refuse to look at issues with our team as they are. I am a huge Moncada fan and have told people to relax countless times, but because I also understand his Ks are a big problem, and mock people for overreacting, I am a troll. No, you and others need to relax and enjoy life. I am an athlete myself and played at a power 5 school for football. I was mocked by big ten fans of my school and could laugh at myself. If you can't do things like this you are probably too uptight. Entertaining yourself at the expense of others has nothing to do with being uptight or not... That is a whole different thing.
  14. QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 10:00 AM) We need to have some baseball in our lives again... Also for Moncada to go 5-8 in his next two games. It's early It's cold. I get he's not lighting the world on fire and hasn't really ever torn it up in the MLB, however the talent is there. I think I read his exit velocity off the bat is the highest in the majors? He reminds me of Avi Garcia in ways... I just hope it doesn't take him that many years to figure it out. Really though? Who cares if it takes him 30, 60, or 130 games to figure it out this year. We suck and aren't competing this year. We just need him ready to rock and roll for next year. That goes the same for literally everybody on our team. The truth is it could take him a couple of years to figure it out.
  15. Scott Merkin?Verified account @scottmerkin Apr 15 White Sox director of amateur scouting Nick Hostetler said the White Sox have narrowed down the field to 8 to 10 players for their pick at No. 4 in the 2018 First-Year Player Draft. Feel comfortable in the pick coming from that group
  16. QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 01:14 AM) At the time of the Sale trade Acuna wasn't ranked very highly (bottom of the top 100). It wasn't until last year that he just exploded up the rankings. I recall it was Dansby that everyone wanted from the Braves for Sale QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 02:13 AM) I recall it being Maitan, with Albies being mentioned as well. Is there evidence of what the Braves were offering because I don't recall their top guys being on the table.
  17. QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 12:09 AM) I created this name because when I first got here people in this organization and on this forum blew that situation out of proportion. It's a mockery of that and not the player or his son. Also, I am not an ass kisser and neither should any fan be. I loswe respect for people who only want to talk about the positive and anything negative is catastrophic. I chose to call him HeGoan mostly in jest because of the overreaction to his struggles, and his struggles themselves. I will stop when he stops K'ing at an alarming rate or when people stop overreacting about it. Well, at least he is honest about his trolling.
  18. QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 12:05 AM) That wasn't the point. The point was the evaluation of that trade shouldn't be Sale for 6.5 years of Moncada and Kopech, when history may show other options were better. Also, I said the trade needed to happen as it did and we shouldn't regret it no matter the results. What were the other trade packages? I sure don't recall anything better. I'd like to see some proof.
  19. QUOTE (Quin @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 10:14 PM) HeGoan is the worst nickname since HoT fIrE. And what other package was out there for Sale that comes close, especially if we discount the players in the Eaton package. I sure haven't seen anything that was even in the same neighborhood, but this is the internet, so revisionist history is the norm.
  20. QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 09:57 PM) Always Trade Relievers™ For a top 100 position player prospect? Yep.
  21. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 05:44 PM) If we accepted that package, it’s not even a sure thing we get Devers or Moncada for Eaton, let alone Kopech and Basabe. Comes down to believing we actually could receive Robles, Giolito and Lopez or Dunning for Sale...or all four. Yeah, I don't know that the Washington package for Sale wasn't better, but the combination of what we got for both Sale and Eaton, I don't think that could have been topped.
  22. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 03:08 PM) Assuming he doesn’t go out for the 8th, this will be Clarkin’s final line: 7 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 6 K, 0 BB Excellent start to to season for him. And only 93 pitches.
  23. QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 03:51 PM) Not if HeGoan Moncado doesn't step it up, which he we all think he will. Sale could have theoretically been traded for a different package as well. No matter what happens, the Sox needed to make this deal. Supposedly a good chunk of the Eaton package is what started out as the offer for Chris Sale.
  24. QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 12:45 PM) If the rest of the games get played today, 20 out of 241 games will have been postponed (8.3%). Bad year. Historic. Apparently there was only 25 postponements all of last season in MLB.
  25. QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 15, 2018 -> 07:55 AM) Thanks but no problem. He/she couldn't defend his point so he resorted to name calling. You know if you had actually stuck to the topic and not dropped down to insults as a substitute for knowledge, I might have been bothered by this. But seeing as that isn't true, I am really not worried. If you would actually like to stick to the topic at hand for once, Moncada is this teams leadoff hitter. The White Sox are not panicking over a small sample size of bad ABs. They want him at the top of the order as they think his skillset plays best there. Since you think Tim Anderson is some kind of relevant example here, you probably should also go back and look at the box scores from last year to realize that Anderson didn't get dropped to 7th nearly this early in the season, and it didn't happened until the trauma of having his childhood best friend murdered obviously was getting to him. They are two different situations, completely.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.